Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 06:51   #1636
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschenker View Post
I am planing to use bank statement as address proof, is it mandatory to present both passbook and account statement or either one of those is enough?
Having to produce only my SBI bank statement worked for me at the PSK near JC road, Bangalore.
Old 9th October 2014, 07:29   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Having to produce only my SBI bank statement worked for me at the PSK near JC road, Bangalore.
Just follow the list given in the wizard. Bank statement should do as long as it is signed and stamped by the branch - they won't accept online printouts.

Follow the appropriate wizard from the below for a specific list of documents.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...eissuePassport
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...chmentAdvFresh
Old 9th October 2014, 14:24   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just follow the list given in the wizard. Bank statement should do as long as it is signed and stamped by the branch - they won't accept online printouts.

Follow the appropriate wizard from the below for a specific list of documents.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...eissuePassport
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...chmentAdvFresh
Thank you!
Had also called call center and they too confirmed either one should be fine.
Old 9th October 2014, 15:05   #1639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samschenker View Post
I am planing to use bank statement as address proof, is it mandatory to present both passbook and account statement or either one of those is enough?
Original Statement of accounts of last one year (attested by bank) and passbook with pic is more than enough to suffice as address proof.

Waseem......
Old 12th October 2014, 08:01   #1640
BHPian

My first page of the passbook has the photo with address followed by transaction entries for over a year. Now will it be sufficient if i photo copy it and submit as address proof or should i get the photo copied document attested by the bank officials. Second thing, is it still required to get police verification done for mere address change.
Old 12th October 2014, 19:23   #1641
Senior - BHPian

In certain cases police verification gets done post issue of the passport especially if there is no city change.

Self attested is ok for passbook. Keep original with you to show the person at the psk
Old 15th October 2014, 08:37   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
My first page of the passbook has the photo with address followed by transaction entries for over a year. Now will it be sufficient if i photo copy it and submit as address proof or should i get the photo copied document attested by the bank officials. Second thing, is it still required to get police verification done for mere address change.
Like @hserus mentioned police verification can also be done post issue of passport, in case of a friend of mine where there was no change in city police verification was not required even though address had changed.

In my case I had applied for re-issue via PSK in ORR passport was granted with police verification post issuing even though there was a change in city. Got the intimation the passport has been dispatched two working days after application.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:25   #1643
Senior - BHPian

My son's passport has a different first page.
Instead of the inside cover having the photo and name etc, there is a separate first page/ card, which has all that information. Same way, the inside cover on the last page does not have anything. There is another extra 'page' inserted there with all the information.
Another change is that along with the photo in the box, there is also another image of the photo printed in blue, behind the text on the right side of the page 1.
So, is this standard for all new passports or is it only for minor passports?
Old 16th October 2014, 14:26   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Another change is that along with the photo in the box, there is also another image of the photo printed in blue, behind the text on the right side of the page 1.
So, is this standard for all new passports or is it only for minor passports?
I am not sure about the first page, but the photo part is same as in my new passport too. One actual photo and one watermark kind.
Old 16th October 2014, 18:27   #1645
Senior - BHPian

They keep changing the format periodically, especially for two reasons -

1. To avoid forgeries

2. To ensure the passport complies more and more with "machine readable" standards that are internationally required
Old 17th October 2014, 23:01   #1646
BHPian

This query is not about renewal but today I received a letter from the regional passport office in Mumbai and it said that I have not attended the police verification by going to police station.
Now my passport was renewed in august of 2013 but I received this notice today after more than one year.
Anyone knows what is supposed to be done ? I am planning to go to my local police station once tomorrow.
I called the 1800 number and they told me I should visit the regional passport office.
Old 18th October 2014, 15:40   #1647
Senior - BHPian

You must definitely go to the local PS with your letter and passport original / xerox.
Old 19th October 2014, 23:37   #1648
BHPian

Guys, I have got an appointment on 27 th of this month for myself and my parents for renewal of our passports.

Now that some relatives are visiting us on that day, I have to reschedule the appointment.

My question is, when I go for rescheduling, should I give an alternate date there and then? Or, can I just cancel it for now and get an appointment later?? Any other stuff that I should take care of?

Edit: Forgot to mention that the appointment is via PSK.

Last edited by callvvijay : 19th October 2014 at 23:44.
Old 20th October 2014, 09:08   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You must definitely go to the local PS with your letter and passport original / xerox.

Today first I am going to the regional passport office in Worli as I was told to do so. I am pretty sure my local police station does not have my file and the verification may need to be rejnitiated. Let's see how it goes and I shall update here.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 20th October 2014, 10:32   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Guys, I have got an appointment on 27 th of this month for myself and my parents for renewal of our passports.

Now that some relatives are visiting us on that day, I have to reschedule the appointment.

My question is, when I go for rescheduling, should I give an alternate date there and then? Or, can I just cancel it for now and get an appointment later?? Any other stuff that I should take care of?

Edit: Forgot to mention that the appointment is via PSK.
Since they are relatives, suggest you go ahead with the PSK.

Just recently completed the formalities in thane and believe me, the process is a lot streamlined.
The entire formalities from Point A-Exit took a little more than 2 hours.

Re-scheduling will be a pain and will unnecessarily delay the process by atleast 20 days or more depending on your PSK and the load it deals with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks