Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:17   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
A basic question here. If I do not want a change of address in my passport but would require to add my wife's name, is still a police verification necessary. Please advise.
Ideally NO. However, everything depends on the officer at the last counter at PSK. For my application, verification should have been mandatory. But the officer stamped 'no verification needed'. I was surprised and elated at the same time.

But yes, you HAVE to produce original as well as self - attested copy of the Marriage Certificate. That is 200% needed.
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:43   #1667
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Rajeev, one update. Today, I got the sms informing that my son's passport has been dispatched via Speed post, along with the tracking number. But for my wife, the sms says that police verification has been initiated and contact the given police station, if not done within 3 weeks. So, I think they will post the passport only after the verification is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
I got the same SMS for my last Fridays interview at PSK - Sai Arcade for renewal. And my passport is already dispatched on yesterday and waiting for the delivery. Got a call from my Police Station (Whitefield) this morning for verification and I will be going there on tomorrow.

So you will get the passport first and then you have to undergo the verification.
Thanks. we also got the call from police station today asking to come tomorrow. Pretty quick IMO.
Old 23rd October 2014, 19:34   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Please follow the wizards for documentation.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...eissuePassport

Selecting normal (as minors cant do tatkal), minor, no change of address, within one year of passport expiry, you need your child's original old passport, and its xerox of first two and last two pages, observation page if any. And a filled in / notarized annexure H.

Document Code Document(s) Mandatory(M)/Optional(O)/Conditional(C)

8017 Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including ECR/Non-ECR page (previously ECNR) and the page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport M

8067 A Declaration affirming the particulars furnished in the application about the minor as per: Annexure 'H' C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello All,

Seeking advices from people with first hand experience at Pune PSK.

Are any annexures ( D, H I et all) required for minor's ( 4 yr old daughter) passport reissuance apart from address and ID proofs of parents? Her address would remain same as the first passport. Guess police verification isn't required for minor's passport even though same was done 5 years back when she was few month's old.

I am leaving india for short assignment soon and since holiday season is there, can't purchase stamps / notarise them and hence the worry.

2nd issue is whether these annexes / affidavits be required to renew wife's passport expiring in Aug 2015 under Tatkal. With this expiry date she can comfortably apply for 2 yrs UK visa.

I had submitted for her passport renewal just in case these annexures aren't required. She would have change of address and we have more than 1 documents to prove that we are staying at the same address for over 7 years. If these affidavits are required, I would rather see if application can be withdrawn though I would have to lose the fees paid.

Thanks in advance for quick and precise guidance.
Old 24th October 2014, 10:10   #1669
BANNED

Quote:
A basic question here. If I do not want a change of address in my passport but would require to add my wife's name, is still a police verification necessary. Please advise.
I hope not, the marriage certificate should suffice.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:23   #1670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Realized that marriage certificate is critical for any husband-wife related changes. I had got my wife's name added during renewal. As expected marriage certificate was needed. Earlier this week, for my wife's renewal, although we presented original and copy of my passport with her name added, that was not sufficient to get my name added in her passport. The Marriage certificate was required. Luckily, she had carried the marriage certificate also to the appointment.

In other news, police verification for my wife's passport was completed today. She had the appointment on Tuesday. That was a quick turnover especially since last 2 days were holidays. Website status says passport printed.

Off Topic Note for folks falling under the HSR Police Station Limits: The Police station had shifted to a building near Iblur Flyover. It is now back to its original location in HSR 27th Main. I did not know this.
Old 25th October 2014, 19:00   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
In other news, police verification for my wife's passport was completed today. She had the appointment on Tuesday. That was a quick turnover especially since last 2 days were holidays. Website status says passport printed.
Rajeev, today, we received my wife's passport and for her, the verification is post issue. Apart from an address change, there was no other addition for her and we had submitted multiple proof for the same and even my passport has our new address, which was renewed in 2011. I think these contributed to the speedy procedure.

Last edited by A350XWB : 25th October 2014 at 19:03.
Old 28th October 2014, 13:57   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Rajeev, today, we received my wife's passport and for her, the verification is post issue. Apart from an address change, there was no other addition for her and we had submitted multiple proof for the same and even my passport has our new address, which was renewed in 2011. I think these contributed to the speedy procedure.
Thanks for the update. For us it was an address change from another state and spouse name addition. We also had multiple proofs including my passport which had the same address. I guess the change of address from another state triggered the Post verification issuance.

Anyway, we got the passport today after police verification. Had been to police station on Friday for verification, Monday got an SMS that Clear report from Police has been received, later in the evening got the dispatch SMS and received it today morning. She had gone for the appointment last Tuesday.

Overall one week end to end including 2 days of Diwali holidays. Quite impressive.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th October 2014 at 14:00.
Old 28th October 2014, 14:45   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Realized that marriage certificate is critical for any husband-wife related changes. I had got my wife's name added during renewal. As expected marriage certificate was needed. Earlier this week, for my wife's renewal, although we presented original and copy of my passport with her name added, that was not sufficient to get my name added in her passport. The Marriage certificate was required. Luckily, she had carried the marriage certificate also to the appointment.
In the absence of Marriage certificate, one can use this below mentioned document called ''Annexure D''.I do not have a marriage certificate as i fall under the ambit of Muslim personal law where-in we are provided marriage certificate (Nikah Nama) from WAKF Board or a registered Jamaat.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin.../AnnexureD.pdf

Waseem.....

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 28th October 2014 at 14:46.
Old 28th October 2014, 15:03   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
For us it was an address change from another state and spouse name addition. We also had multiple proofs including my passport which had the same address. I guess the change of address from another state triggered the Post verification issuance.
It was the same case for us. My wife's and son's passports were issued from Kerala and the address had to be changed to one in Bangalore. For my son, it was tied to my wife's application once in PSK and verification was required only for my wife. Our interview was on Monday and we received the passports on Friday and Saturday. Police verification was done on Sunday and yes, one week is mighty impressive.
Also, I noticed that the number of people allocated to a particular slot has been reduced because when I went to renew my passport in 2011, it was too much crowded and too much chaos.
Old 29th October 2014, 13:20   #1675
BHPian

Need some information. My wife had applied for the passport last month and it was dispatched by the Passport Office on last Friday. The postman attempted the delivery on Saturday but we were away for Diwali (returning later this week). Current status is "Delivery Attempted-Door Locked-Intimation served". Wanted to know for how many days Post Office usually keeps the passport before returning it to the issuing passport office. I tried calling the post office but no one answers the phone.
I doubt if they can hand over the passport to someone else (e.g. my neighbour). Did anyone try this and if yes, what was the outcome?
Old 29th October 2014, 13:52   #1676
Senior - BHPian

You had best go personally to the post office with ID proof. They will not give passports to a neighbour, watchman etc. The intimation in question will have details on how many days they will keep the passport before dispatching it back. If it is sent back you can go to the RPO / PSK in question and enquire.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:43   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Just ran into a brick wall while registering for passport renewal online.

I registered up with the Passport Seva Online to renew my original passport which expires in May 2015, and was issued at Bhubaneswar.
While registering, it asked where was my passport office.
I selected as Bhubaneswar since my current passport was issued there.

I downloaded the form, filled it and tried to upload it.
While uploading the renewal form, it is now throwing me an error:

Quote:
You have registered under RPO Bhubaneswar but your present address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO Bangalore. The registration and present address should be with the same RPO.
Screenshot:

Passport Renewal Procedure-passport.jpg

So what is the next course of action ?
- I tried to modify my profile and it doesn't give any option of changing the RPO name.
- I need to register again. But that would require a different email id. I don't have any other email id, and don't want to create a new one either (which will not be of any use after I get the passport).

So what should I do now ? Experienced guys, please advice.
Old 7th November 2014, 14:02   #1678
BHPian

I created a new email address and registered again with the current city rpo.
Sadly there is no other way.
Old 7th November 2014, 17:35   #1679
BHPian

Got my wife's passport renewed. Changes requested: Addition of Husband's name, State of Residence change, Surname change post marriage. Submitted the following documents:
1. Old Passport copy
2. Marriage certificate
3. MTNL Landline bill
4. PSU Bank passbook
5. e-Aadhar Card
6. Voter slip of most recent elections
7. Registered leave and license agreement

PSK was Lower Parel, Mumbai. They did not accept the change in surname post marriage as they wanted all the proofs (phone bill, bank passbook, aadhar card etc. etc.) with the new surname. Ultimately, decided to keep the old surname only after futile requests to APO. The entire process took 6 hours (11am to 5pm). Even Tatkal guys and other normal procedure guys were spending close to 3-4 hours (they really need to add more counters). The application was accepted and passport was granted (to be issued post police verification). Documents were sent to police station the very next day (got SMS about the same). A policeman visited our place a day later followed by our visit to the police office. We were asked to submit two copies of "all" the documents attested by Notary/Nagar Sewak (Gazetted officer will not do) which we did. There was some haggling about absence of NOC from the Society and Affidavit from the landlord but we took suitable action to bypass that. And then the wait started. The report and the documents were sent from the police station to CID office where they got stuck due to lack of staff as the staff was busy in police deployment for festivals etc. Finally a clear report was sent by CID office after 3 weeks and 3 days later, the passport was dispatched. All in all, it took us slightly over one month from the date of visit to PSK to get the passport.
Old 11th November 2014, 18:04   #1680
BHPian

I have a small doubt. I will have to get an affidavit in Annexure E for my sister and affidavit in Annexure A for my mother in connection with fresh issue of passport. The specimen copy states that the affidavit has to be executed on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimum value.

My question is whether Rs. 20 stamp paper would be sufficient in the given cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks