Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 16:38   #1696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help: Change of name in Passport: RPO Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
I have a marriage certificate, is that enough for applying for Visa or do I need to get my spouse name added in my passport .
The endorsement of spouse name in passport doesn't take much time, I got it done less than 2 weeks. So it is better to get it done. And when adding, add the full name (not just given name) as in spouse's passport.

Even in India, endorsement of spouse in passport is a requirement to apply for kids' passport. So once done, it will be handy down the line.

Depending on whether you are interested and subject to your better half agreeing, its better to get the name change done too before going for long term visas or before you have kids.

Each consulate has different requirements (and different levels of bureaucracy ) you'd know it only after you submit the package. Its better to do all procedures proactively than reactive after their feedback.
Old 20th November 2014, 18:18   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The endorsement of spouse name in passport doesn't take much time, I got it done less than 2 weeks. So it is better to get it done. And when adding, add the full name (not just given name) as in spouse's passport.

Even in India, endorsement of spouse in passport is a requirement to apply for kids' passport. So once done, it will be handy down the line.
So you mean to say that adding name in the passport is required only if we need passport for Kids otherwise Marriage certificate would suffice.
Old 20th November 2014, 18:53   #1698
Senior - BHPian

It comes in handy as an ID proof if your wife changes her maiden name to take your surname when she marries you.

So doing it right after marriage is a good idea.
Old 20th November 2014, 19:12   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
So you mean to say that adding name in the passport is required only if we need passport for Kids otherwise Marriage certificate would suffice.
Like I said, for India yes. We got the endorsement (on my wife's passport) done only after my daughter was born.

But when you are applying for dependent visa, all these are scrutinized. So if you are applying for dependent, its better to get it done.
Old 20th November 2014, 20:08   #1700
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

i need a urgent suggestion/ advise here.

Applied for passport renewal ( pune) on 5th sept at the PSK, pune, will be my 3rd passport. Since my last passport was issued from London , this renewa one was sent for mandatory pre police address adverification since there was an address change.

on 5th sep itself, got a sms that , it was sent to 'police commssioner' office and PVR report will take max 3 weeks.

next 3-4 weeks, no calls from police , status unchanged at passport portal. with lot of difficulties, called up the passport cell of CP, pune. then immediately , it was sent to my local police station and status in passport portal changed accordingly...that was 5th oct, 2014 status was [request for POLICE VERIFICATION INITIATED IN LOCAL POLICE STATION AND CLEAR PVR AWAITED' ]

after that, again no calls from local PS, so i contacted them and finally with 4-5 visits to the PS, completed all formalities :-) on 6th nov. the local PS told that, its complete now and PVR will be updated by commissioners office in passport portal.

waited and waited, spoke to CP office, local PS, but status is still same as ' request for POLICE VERIFICATION INITIATED IN LOCAL POLICE STATION AND CLEAR PVR AWAITED'
even today 20 th nov,that means same status from 5th oct till 20th nov. They are saying , they had sent a CLEAR PVR report for my case , and i need to check with passport cell.

i am in a fix now, are they taking me for a ride?
Does this police verification process take so much time ?
what i should do now to get it processed further and get passport issued ?
who is expected to change status in passport portal for police verification completion cases , police cell or passport folks ?

pls suggest asap.
Old 21st November 2014, 11:27   #1701
BHPian

Hi All,
Got my passport yesterday, exactly 1 week after the appointment. The changes were adding of spouse name and change of address. Really impressed with service.
Old 21st November 2014, 13:41   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Go to the passport office and check with the RPO there. Take a letter from the police that says they issued a clear PV
Old 21st November 2014, 14:19   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
ipls suggest asap.
Go to the Commissioners office with all the documents.

Waseem.
Old 21st November 2014, 16:17   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post

pls suggest asap.
The process does not take more than 45 days.
you will have to shake things up from PSK to commissioner office to get things done.
Old 21st November 2014, 16:57   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I recently got my son's passport. The address in my and wife's passport are slightly different. The house number and street number were missing. When entering my son's details in passport form I was not able to enter even locality name. So I entered only the most important details of the address. In "A" counter the lady asked me why they are different. I mentioned that the form did not let me enter. So she asked me to enter the missing details in her system which I did.
How much time it takes to get passport for minor (Renew case same address)(Preferable New delhi) After submitting it to PSK
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:48   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
How much time it takes to get passport for minor (Renew case same address)(Preferable New delhi) After submitting it to PSK
I am not aware about New Delhi but the passport status was changed to dispatched on the fourth day after submitting in Bangalore. I had applied for fresh passport for my son. I collected it from post office only three days later from post office as we were not available in house when speed post arrived.
Old 26th November 2014, 09:17   #1707
BHPian

Rant alert : Experience of Passport Reissue in PSK Pune
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My passport is valid for 4 more years but had to apply for reissue due to "exhaustion of pages". I have couple of travels planned so had to apply in Tatkaal.
Visited PSK website and filled out the application and booked appointment for Nov 21st.
Tatkaal appointments for Pune only start at 12:00 noon. You have to login at 12:00 noon and get appointment. Even if you login 10 minutes past 12 all appointment will be booked. If you book in "Normal" category then the appointments are available after 40 days since PSK Pune caters to other cities in Maharashtra as well.
There was no other change in my passport so I checked the "Document advisor" section by selecting correct options and found out only "self attested" photo copy of my passport is needed. There is no mention of Annexure F and I needed.
Visited the PSK office situated in Mundhwa. Thankfully there is lot of paid parking available. Showed the appointment letter to security guard outside the building and entered the building. After a security check I was asked to stand in line of Tatkaal to take token. My number came after 15 minutes and the person checked my documents and asked me to go to window C5 for further verification of documents.
Again waited for 20 minutes for my turn. The old lady was typical govt employee very mean and rejected my application saying bring annexure F & I.
I told her that website doesn't say I need it. I also argued with her that why on earth my moral character has to be certified for just "exhaustion of pages" in valid passport. She plainly said website is wrong and rescheduled my appointment to Nov 25.
I had no choice but to carry myself out of the office with heavy heart. My couple of hours had gone down the drain due to incomplete website information. I had taken half day leave which was also wasted.

Went home did some homework on annexure F & I.
Found out that annexure I is very easy just a affidavit from public notary. Did this in non judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100.
Annexure F is different animal altogether. One needs to get this from a high ranking government official or major and above in army. Thankfully my brother in law came to my rescue as he has a friend who is Lt. Col and he helped me get the annexure "F". However this process was also a 4 hour process. Had to go to Dighi camp and get it.
On the bright side the Lt. col was very jovial and good person.

So armed with both the annexures I reached the office one more time on Nov 25th at 12:45 pm. My appointment was at 1:00 pm
Went through the same drill. Had to wait in Tatkaal line for 30 minutes. This time he took my annexures and asked me to wait in waiting area. I was told they find some previous file of mine from their archives and then only they will process my tatkaal application. Again the wait started. This time it was for 2 hours. This long wait was partially due to their lunch break which is from 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm.
The only good thing about the wait was the place is quiet comfortable with central AC and nice sitting benches. Restroom and eating stall is available.
Then a gentlemen came out and called my name and said verification with my previous file is done and asked me to take token. So again I had to go back to "token" line to get the token. Once I got the token I was asked to look in screen for my number. One has to go through A, B, C windows to get the complete process done.
Thankfully my number for A window came in 5 minutes and the young lady at the window helped me through the application process. Took my photograph, fingerprints, scanned all my documents and Tatkaal fee. Gave receipt and asked me to wait again for my turn in window B.
Again the same anxiety of looking at the screen for my token number. Now at this time the waiting area was completely full and there was no place even to stand. This was rather uncomfortable and after about 20 minutes my number was called in window B.
The young chap again checked and verified my documents and asked me to wait for turn in window C where my current passport will be canceled.
The longest wait for me was for this process. It took again about 1.5 hours for my number to be called. This time it was again old lady who verified my documents and found out I had not signed annexure I. She started cursing the young lady at window A and young chap at window B for not noticing this error. She asked me to sign the document and again asked me to go through the entire process of window A, B, C
Again I went to window A to rescan the annexure I, verify in window B and back to window C.
This time everything was right and she put a canceled stamp on my current passport. After that I had to submit the token number at exit counter and get acknowledgment.

Thankfully that was the end of the ordeal which again costed me 6 hours including commute time from my home.

So just for "exhaustion of pages" I lost total of 2 working days in completing the whole process.

Rant end

Now the wait has started to receive the passport.

Last edited by athanedar : 26th November 2014 at 09:21.
Old 26th November 2014, 11:37   #1708
Senior - BHPian

As for Annexure F you don't need an army officer. The SHO at your local police station (inspector) or local tehsildar will be enough.

(ix)Concerned Tehsildars or concerned SHOs for an applicant staying in the area
under his/her jurisdiction.

------- the rest are rather more senior than daroga / tehsildar ------

(i) An Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Director/Joint Secretary/Add.
Secretary/Special Secretary/Secretary/Cabinet Secretary to Government of India
(ii) A Director/Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary/Special Secretary/Chief Secretary
to a State Govt.
(iii) A Sub-Divisional Magistrate/First class Judicial Magistrate/Additional DM/District
Magistrate of the district of residence of applicant.
(iv) A District Superintendent of Police, DIG/IG/DGP of the district of residence of
applicant.
(v) A Major and above in the army, Lt. Commander and above in the Navy and Sq.
Leader and above in the Air Force
(vi)The General Manager and above of a Public Sector Undertaking
(vii All members of any All India Service or Central Service who are equivalent to or
above the rank of an Under Secretary to the Government, i.e. with Grade pay
of Rs.6,600/- and above.
(viii)Resident Commissioners/Additional Resident Commissioners of all State
Governments based in Delhi.
(ix)Concerned Tehsildars or concerned SHOs for an applicant staying in the area
under his/her jurisdiction.
(x) The Chairmen of the Apex Business Organizations, i.e. FICCI, CII and
ASSOCHAM in respect of owners, partners or directors of the companies that
are members of the concerned Chamber in prescribed performa as at Annexure
“J”. (The certificate should specify applicant is a owner/ partner/ director of the
company)
Old 19th December 2014, 08:48   #1709
BHPian

My permanent address is in Chennai and I live now in Hyderabad (Rented House). My Passport is due to expire next year June.
1. Where should I apply for renewal?
2. Should I change the address in the passport?
3. Procedure to add spouse name in my wife's passport
Old 19th December 2014, 09:28   #1710
Senior - BHPian

If your permanent address is chennai and you expect to return there in a year or two don't change the passport address. Just travel to chennai and apply there. Spouse name is an addition in your passport for which you simply submit a copy of your marriage certificate etc.

Follow the wizard available at the below link and answer all the questions. You will get the information that you need regarding documentation, affidavits etc etc.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...eissuePassport

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks