Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 09:29   #1711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
My permanent address is in Chennai and I live now in Hyderabad (Rented House). My Passport is due to expire next year June.
1. Where should I apply for renewal?
2. Should I change the address in the passport?
3. Procedure to add spouse name in my wife's passport

I understand if you have a registered rent agreement of more than one year you can use that as valid proof for your renewal.
Changing the address on your passport- if you must.
To add spouse name in your wife's passport she will also have to apply for a reissue of passport for change in personal particulars.
Take your marriage certificate (original) along with your photocopies of the same. If you don't have that handy you will need to submit Annexure D along with the application.
This annexure is basically an affidavit from the husband and wife along with a joint photo.
Old 19th December 2014, 11:17   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Most rent agreements are of eleven months just because landlords don't want to spend extra time and money to register them. You will need additional proofs such as local bank account etc. Ideally if the move is for a shorter period than three or four years then retain the existing address especially if it is your own house rather than say your parents house.
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:52   #1713
BHPian

Guys I did my sons passport when he was about a year old. Now he is about 3 years old. The passport is valid till 2 more years. His photo on the passport is as a baby, now he looks a bit different than the photo (children grow fast) . Would it be a problem ?? I am going to Thailand in 3 months.
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:12   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If your permanent address is chennai and you expect to return there in a year or two don't change the passport address. Just travel to chennai and apply there. Spouse name is an addition in your passport for which you simply submit a copy of your marriage certificate etc.
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...eissuePassport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
I understand if you have a registered rent agreement of more than one year you can use that as valid proof for your renewal.
Changing the address on your passport- if you must.
To add spouse name in your wife's passport she will also have to apply for a reissue of passport for change in personal particulars.
Take your marriage certificate (original) along with your photocopies of the same.

Quote:
Most rent agreements are of eleven months just because landlords don't want to spend extra time and money to register them. You will need additional proofs such as local bank account etc. Ideally if the move is for a shorter period than three or four years then retain the existing address especially if it is your own house rather than say your parents house.
Its my parents house. Moreover even that has been demolished now and its getting rebuilt. Not sure if the address remains the same.
In Hyderabad i have my Aadhar.
Understood on adding my spouse name in the passport.

Will there be any verification if i goto Chennai and then renew?
When online filling, it was asking for both present and permanent address. Does this mean that the permanent address in my passport will be changed to my present address?
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:37   #1715
Senior - BHPian

My sister is applying for passport, the problem is, her name in birth certificate is different (say 'Nitisha') and her real name is different (say 'Ritika'). I went to the birth certificate issuing authority in my city and they say that the name cannot be changed (in birth certificate) whatsoever might be the circumstances. He showed me the rule book too and the same was mentioned there.

Will this be a problem when she appears for interview in passport office? What might be the solutions.

Last edited by mercedised : 23rd December 2014 at 17:39.
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:34   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys I did my sons passport when he was about a year old. Now he is about 3 years old. The passport is valid till 2 more years. His photo on the passport is as a baby, now he looks a bit different than the photo (children grow fast) . Would it be a problem ?? I am going to Thailand in 3 months.
No big deal. Go ahead.

Quote:
Its my parents house. Moreover even that has been demolished now and its getting rebuilt. Not sure if the address remains the same.
In Hyderabad i have my Aadhar.
Understood on adding my spouse name in the passport.
Will there be any verification if i goto Chennai and then renew?
When online filling, it was asking for both present and permanent address. Does this mean that the permanent address in my passport will be changed to my present address?
If you have your aadhaar at Hyderabad you had better establish that as your permanent address and apply from Hyd. Especially as there is no current "permanent address" in Chennai. If it is demolished and rebuilt, if it is being rebuilt as flats the address will surely change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
My sister is applying for passport, the problem is, her name in birth certificate is different (say 'Nitisha') and her real name is different (say 'Ritika'). I went to the birth certificate issuing authority in my city and they say that the name cannot be changed (in birth certificate) whatsoever might be the circumstances. He showed me the rule book too and the same was mentioned there.

Will this be a problem when she appears for interview in passport office? What might be the solutions.
Birth certificate can't be changed. If she changes her name for whatever other reason as a older child or adult, she has to go through the deed poll, advertisement etc procedure, and then submit the required affidavits.

Change of name for major - http://deptpub.nic.in/forms/forms[10].pdf
Change of name for minor - http://deptpub.nic.in/forms/forms[11].pdf

Then review the "Change of name" faq here - somewhat down the page. http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...vicesAvailable

note: All this is possible to find using a simple google search
Old 23rd December 2014, 22:05   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
If you have your aadhaar at Hyderabad you had better establish that as your permanent address and apply from Hyd. Especially as there is no current "permanent address" in Chennai. If it is demolished and rebuilt, if it is being rebuilt as flats the address will surely change.
Ok. Will apply online and fix an appointment in Hyderabad. Lets see how it goes.
Old 24th December 2014, 11:21   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Will apply online and fix an appointment in Hyderabad. Lets see how it goes.
I am unable to proceed.
First I tried with present address as Hyderabad and Permanent as Chennai.
Then I tried by selecting the option Yes for mentioning that my present is same as permanent.
Then tried by inputting my present address in permanent.
But when I click Next, get the below error
You have registered under RPO Chennai but your present address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO Hyderabad. The registration and present address should be with the same RPO.
Should I opt for filling the application offline and then upload?
Old 24th December 2014, 11:30   #1719
Senior - BHPian

If you even read back through older posts to this very thread you will get the solution.

Try to change the profile data for your login to say RPO hyd, or if that doesn't work, create a new login
Old 24th December 2014, 11:57   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to proceed.
First I tried with present address as Hyderabad and Permanent as Chennai.
Then I tried by selecting the option Yes for mentioning that my present is same as permanent.
Then tried by inputting my present address in permanent.
But when I click Next, get the below error
You have registered under RPO Chennai but your present address lies within the jurisdiction of RPO Hyderabad. The registration and present address should be with the same RPO.
Should I opt for filling the application offline and then upload?
Create a new login and this should solver your problem.

For address proof of Hyderabad, Aadhar is enough if it is issued a year before.You can also take a letter from employer mentioning DOJ and your address.Bank statements of one year (with passbook) also serves as valid address proof.

Waseem.
Old 24th December 2014, 12:33   #1721
BHPian

I had the most astonishing experience of renewing my passport and a new passport for my daughter. Had booked online and got an appointment for 15th Dec, did some little bit of running for 60 mins inside the PSK. Had subscribed for the SMS option and got a SMS as we were about to leave the passport office that our passports were getting printed and under Quality control. Got the 2 passports by thursday ( 18th dec) afternoon and this was not in tatkal, the TOT was just 3 days!!! ... this was well in time for the upcoming travel. Big thumbs up to the new process.
Old 24th December 2014, 13:56   #1722
BHPian

Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
ITry to change the profile data for your login to say RPO hyd, or if that doesn't work, create a new login
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Create a new login and this should solver your problem.
While creating profile, provided Chennai as the PSK, ideally should have selected Hyderabad. Created a new login and submitted the form.
Provided present address as Hyderabad and retained Chennai address in permanent.
Now need to pay the fees and book appointments. Lucky for this time opted for reissue and change in personal particulars, to add my spouse name. Based on this my wife will get my name appended which will be later used to get a passport for my kid. Thanks.

BTW, in the docs required, they are asking for address proof, marriage certificate and my old passport. Is a photo not required?
Old 24th December 2014, 16:25   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While creating profile, provided Chennai as the PSK, ideally should have selected Hyderabad. Created a new login and submitted the form.
Provided present address as Hyderabad and retained Chennai address in permanent.
Now need to pay the fees and book appointments. Lucky for this time opted for reissue and change in personal particulars, to add my spouse name. Based on this my wife will get my name appended which will be later used to get a passport for my kid. Thanks.

BTW, in the docs required, they are asking for address proof, marriage certificate and my old passport. Is a photo not required?
They take photos at the application centre so don't go there unshaven or wearing an old tshirt. anyway carry photos along as a backup just in case their scanner has some issues or something of the sort.
Old 24th December 2014, 17:08   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
They take photos at the application centre so don't go there unshaven or wearing an old tshirt. anyway carry photos along as a backup just in case their scanner has some issues or something of the sort.
Thanks for the info. I applied for my passport in the old traditioned way by filling up forms, affixing photo back in 2005. Lots have changed and i am unaware 😱
Old 9th January 2015, 16:35   #1725
BHPian

Hi
Is there police verification if I apply for passport renewal without any change in particulars ?
My permanant address is in Trivandrum, and I want to keep the address although I stay in B'lore these days(rented place).
If I apply for a reissue of passport due to expiry in PSK trivandrum, would it involve a police verification of staying in that address ?
Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks