Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2015, 07:46   #1801
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Got a mail 2 days back that my passport is printed and waiting for quality check. Yesterday received a SMS that it was sent via Speedpost. Expecting it today.
Old 24th February 2015, 15:07   #1802
BANNED

I had been to the PSK near Marathalli, for renewing my yet to expire handwritten passport and also to update my address and add spouse name. I wanted to change my signature as well, but could not do the last bit.

My appointment was at 11:15, and I managed to reach the office around 10:50. Went through the initial screening in around 15 mins, then the counter A was done in another 15 mins. Counter B took a lot of time, but was done and counter C was also pretty quick. I was out of the PSK by 12:10. Not bad, since I had all my documents ready.

For change of signature, they need an affidavit and unfortunately it is NOT mentioned anywhere on any of their guidelines, so I had to omit that. I had carried by AADHAR card, my BSNL land-line bill, My ration card(just in case), PAN card, old passport, marriage certificate, 10th, 12th and Degree marks cards. You name it and I had it.

I asked the old man at counter C how long will the process take, and he mentioned it depends on the police verification. I checked the status online and it says the file has been sent for police verification. I will wait for couple of days and then visit the police station myself if I do not get any communication from them. I have a travel due by end of March and hoping to get it before that.
Old 25th February 2015, 07:53   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
I wanted to change my signature as well, but could not do the last bit.

For change of signature, they need an affidavit and unfortunately it is NOT mentioned anywhere on any of their guidelines, so I had to omit that.
My need was also the same. But I didnt opt for a signature change, when they asked to sign in the forms, I did my new sign and no questions asked.
BTW, I got my new passport last friday. Now based on this, wife needs to update her passport and to get a new one for my kid.
Old 25th February 2015, 14:02   #1804
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
My need was also the same. But I didnt opt for a signature change, when they asked to sign in the forms, I did my new sign and no questions asked.
BTW, I got my new passport last friday. Now based on this, wife needs to update her passport and to get a new one for my kid.
How many days did it take from application submitted to passport being received? Was there a police verification also done?
Old 25th February 2015, 14:19   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
How many days did it take from application submitted to passport being received? Was there a police verification also done?
Mine is a renewal, so no verifications. I applied on 11th and got it on 20th
Old 25th February 2015, 14:42   #1806
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Mine is a renewal, so no verifications. I applied on 11th and got it on 20th
Mine was also a renewal, but it has gone for verification. As always, no standard procedures in a government organization. I had an address change, so I was thinking that may be the reason for the police verification.
Old 25th February 2015, 14:59   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I will wait for couple of days and then visit the police station myself if I do not get any communication from them. I have a travel due by end of March and hoping to get it before that.
Go to the police station ASAP with PSK receipt,couple of pics and all the docs that you submitted at PSK (Original+1 set Photo Copy).Tell him that you are slated to travel in sometime and REQUEST him to send the report asap.

Quote:
I had an address change, so I was thinking that may be the reason for the police verification.
Issuing PP with or without PV is at the sole discretion of the RPO employee at counter C.

Bhpain RajeshRawal applied for PP last month in Hyderabad and he got his PP in 5 days without PV.His earlier PP was issued in Bombay which was hand written.

Waseem.
Old 25th February 2015, 15:13   #1808
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Go to the police station ASAP with PSK receipt,couple of pics and all the docs that you submitted at PSK (Original+1 set Photo Copy).Tell him that you are slated to travel in sometime and REQUEST him to send the report asap.
Thanks Waseem, I will go over the weekend.

OT - Anyone knows the Station Head at Mahadevapura PS?
Old 25th February 2015, 17:30   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Mine was also a renewal, but it has gone for verification. As always, no standard procedures in a government organization. I had an address change, so I was thinking that may be the reason for the police verification.
Mine was a address/state change, adding spouse name. End of the day, it all depends upon the officers in each counters.
Old 26th February 2015, 14:14   #1810
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Waseem, I will go over the weekend.
My anxiety got the better of me and I went to the PS today. There is a separate counter on the 1st floor for PP verification. I asked the guy sitting there about my application and he initially refused to do it saying it is too early. Then i REQUESTED him and told him about my pending travel, he asked me to wait for another guy who will come in 5 mins. The other guy came in about 15 mins, same story repeated and he finally agreed. He took a print out, wrote something on them, took my documents and photos and asked me to sign in couple of places which I did. No bribe was asked/intended which was surprising. I asked him before leaving how long this may take and he said he will send it with the next batch, but not sure when. I will probably follow up next week with him again.

I checked the status now and it says "Pending for physical police verification at Mahadevapura Police Station, Bengaluru."

I did go there physically, so not sure what other physical verification is pending. The constable there did mention they visit the house, verify my antecedents 'normally'. I told him, I know about the 'correct' process.
Old 27th February 2015, 10:42   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I did go there physically, so not sure what other physical verification is pending. The constable there did mention they visit the house, verify my antecedents 'normally'. I told him, I know about the 'correct' process.

The PS guys will submit the report to the commissioner's office and the status will change.I am hoping that you will get your PP by next Friday/Saturday.

Waseem.....
Old 27th February 2015, 12:51   #1812
BHPian

I applied for passport renewal using tatkal scheme. As for documentation, I have everything in place except Annexure F. As per PSK website, if I have three documents to prove my identity, then Annexure F is not required. But, in the initial screening of documents at PSK, they said, in Bangalore the Annexure F is mandatory. Now, I am stuck with this, I don't know anyone who can sign the Annexure F for me, even local police station (SHO) declined to sign it. Now, I am thinking to change the appointment to normal from tatkal.

I have to travel to US on 16th March, and I have valid passport, but it is handwritten. Anyone recently traveled abroad with handwritten passport?
Old 27th February 2015, 14:28   #1813
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post

The PS guys will submit the report to the commissioner's office and the status will change.I am hoping that you will get your PP by next Friday/Saturday.

Waseem.....
Thanks Waseem. I am also hoping for the same. I will keep a tab on the status till next week and if it doesn't change then will visit the PS again.
Old 4th March 2015, 16:02   #1814
BHPian

I have a rather unique problem.

Soon after my son was born I applied for the passport *first issue" for both my wife and son. This was done at Trivandrum RPO as I was staying in Trivandrum, then. At that time I already had a valid passport issued in Trivandrum. My wife's passport still has another 18 months to run while my son's passport expired in 2011 (more than three years ago) and now we want to renew his. Mine was due for renewal three years back but since by then I was working abroad, I got it renewed at the Indian Embassy at the city I work but with the same Trivandrum address.

Now the catch is this. I am on leave for a couple of weeks and we thought we would renew his passport. However shortly after I renewed my passport abroad , we moved to Kochi and my wife and son stays at our own apartment there. All three of us (including my son who has an Adhaar card taken 2 years back) have address proofs at Kochi but my both my wife and my passports (as well as my son.s nearly four year expired passport) has a Trivandrum address.

Can we renew my sons passport at Kochi with the new Aluva (Ernakulam) address???
Nearest PSK is Aluva. Agents here are giving conflicting advice since both parents have Trivandrum addresses in their valid passports issued in other RPOs.

Both me and my wife have multiple address proofs (Adhaar and Voters Id) with the Aluva address issued more than a year ago.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by TKMCE : 4th March 2015 at 16:05.
Old 4th March 2015, 18:35   #1815
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post

I have to travel to US on 16th March, and I have valid passport, but it is handwritten. Anyone recently traveled abroad with handwritten passport?
According to the website, the handwritten passports are valid till November 2015. So, it should be fine for a travel 6 months prior to it.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...c_Advisory.pdf

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks