Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 22:13   #1051
Senior - BHPian

WOW What a match!! Had my heart in my mouth in the last 3 overs & we did a fantastic job! Go INDIA!

My player of the tournament though was RP Singh, the lad has come as a fantastic find & has done consistently well in all forms of the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I don't care if we lose. But what I don't want to see is a collapse! If we lose, I hope we go down fighting till the last ball! Likewise if we win! I just want to watch an interesting match!
Robeeen that close enough for you?
Old 24th September 2007, 22:15   #1052
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Mclaren - please maintain diplomatic silence. WE are the Champions. The winner takes it all - no sympathy for the loser.
Steer, its JUST a cricket match. Stop getting so worked up that you loose your patience over it. Our memories are really short, lets see if they can perform this consistently over the next 3 series. And IF they don't I'll still be here to watch the very same people react otherwise. Or even if the trophy had gone Pakistan's way.

The true winner of this game is CRICKET. As the Olympic saying goes "The most important thing is NOT to WIN but to take part and give it your 100%".
Old 24th September 2007, 22:18   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I - Raghava View Post

Robeeeeeeen. Say something!
Old 24th September 2007, 22:26   #1054
Senior - BHPian

I watched the match on some online streaming client for some time in the morning. I watched till Yuvi's dismissal. Then had to start to the office. My day begins when your day ends... But the best thing was that they had to use my laptop for training and I had one window of cricinfo open. We could see the scores projected on the screen. Myself and one Indian colleague of mine were so tense and happy looking at the window. We had to explain our US colleagues that this was a world cup final and we seldom see India reach the finals. They had a questioning look on their faces when we were smiling finally.

It indeed is unfortunate that I could not see the whole match live. But I am happy that India has won the world cup at last. Kudos to the Indian team.
Old 24th September 2007, 22:27   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Enjoy the moment and lets keep the criticism out for some time.

It was indeed a very good team effort throughout the world cup.
Gambhir did his bits silently and notched up the most runs scored by an indian,
Uthappa was there always with his 20s and 30s, 50 against pakistan in the tied match and to win the bowl out for India.
RP Singh has been sensational throughout except for the match against Australia but it was not due to bad bowling. He was literally unplayable against SA.
Dhoni, the indian captain was always there with his 20s, 30s and captaincy has been sensational at times. Very gutsy decision he took and was ready to back them up
Yuvraj was grease lightening and was at his unleashed best against England and Australia.
Rohit Sharma - Mr ICE KOOL. He wasn't dismissed in the tournament. Contributed at every crunch situation he was asked to.

Last edited by kpzen : 24th September 2007 at 22:28.
Old 24th September 2007, 22:33   #1056
BANNED

Prajesh, you forgot Irfan Pathan. Perhaps the most consistent (line & length) Indian bowler in the Indian line up in this tournament. Too bad that our captain didn't make the best use of him and looked at him as the last choice when it came to either taking wickets or containment. He IMO was the unsung hero.
Old 24th September 2007, 22:36   #1057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Bloody hell...that was a bit too close! wheew! I almost fell off my seat on that last hit...I thought it was a goner!

Whattaaaammaatcchh!! The streets out here are overflowing with people in cars and bikes with the tri colour! What an atmosphere!

Well done guys!

And well done to the Pakistani's as well. A game well played!
Old 24th September 2007, 22:38   #1058
BHPian

wow....what a match!!Probably 10 times i thought that Pak would win and other 10 times thought that it will be India.

It lived to its reputation of being India-Paki match.
When Pak needed around 54 in last 4 overs with just 3
wickets left,Ravi Shashtri commented that India-Paki match is never over until last ball is bowled and not just one but 3 fat ladies have to sing.
He was so right!!

BTW,Gautam Gambhir has been unsung hero of this tournament.Poor guy was never given 3-4 consecuative matches before.
Old 24th September 2007, 22:39   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I forgot about Irfan in all the excitement of the win. His bro, Yusuf looks like an explosive hitter with his hieght.
But i'm very impressed with Rohit Sharma there was a sense of calmness in whatever he did.
Old 24th September 2007, 22:42   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Ok

Fantastic win for us. We beat them fair and square and we are the Champions.

And now would you guys believe it - I DID NOT WATCH A SINGLE BALL OF THE MATCH Stuck at work :(

And my Player of the tournament was - RP Singh (by a long way).

Lets celebrate. But wait, 1st thing I have to do is - to catch the rerun.

Find for India - Rohit Sharma. Looks the player most likely to be the next pivot of the team. Hope he gets a chance after the 1st 3 matches against the Aussies.

Bring on the Aussies. Its time to CRUSH them now.

Last edited by Rtech : 25th September 2007 at 12:43. Reason: not required anymore
Old 24th September 2007, 22:43   #1061
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
But i'm very impressed with Rohit Sharma there was a sense of calmness in whatever he did.
I would love to see Rohit Sharma, Gambhir, Yuvraj & Karthik battle it out for places in the team. And the best part about some performances from this team is that players like Ganguly will have to be on their toes. Zaheer I guess will turn out to be the back bone of the Indian pace line up. We still need to find that GENUINELY QUICK PACE bowler somehow.
Old 24th September 2007, 22:45   #1062
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
This guy has typed this even before he was gone!!!
I guess we now know who fixes matches.

Fantastic bowling by Irfan Pathan. Thank God Shreesanth held on to the catch.
Chak De India!
Old 24th September 2007, 22:54   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Steer, its JUST a cricket match. Stop getting so worked up that you loose your patience over it. Our memories are really short, lets see if they can perform this consistently over the next 3 series. And IF they don't I'll still be here to watch the very same people react otherwise. Or even if the trophy had gone Pakistan's way.
Mclaren, it is you who should stop this talk and savor the moment of glory for India man. Geez, get over it, we WON! It is the same you who criticize when our team does bad that should gloat in the moment of this triumph. No matter how good the opponent played (whoever that is), we won the World Cup T20, PERIOD.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:01   #1064
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Mclaren, it is you who should stop this talk and savor the moment of glory for India man. Geez, get over it, we WON! It is the same you who criticize when our team does bad that should gloat in the moment of this triumph. No matter how good the opponent played (whoever that is), we won the World Cup T20, PERIOD.
pmbabu, do kindly go back into this thread and read. It was the whole lot of you who criticized when the team did bad. NOT ME. I wonder what happened to this spirit when the chips were down and India playing bad. Or does this spirit in us evoke only when we WIN? If its the win that matters so much to you, go ahead and savor it. But don't force your opinions down on someone.

PS: I enjoyed that game as much as any of you did. And I am glad that India WON. But not convincingly enough (which is quite disturbing since we are not good finishers). Go figure WHY!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th September 2007 at 23:03.
Old 24th September 2007, 23:05   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Guys ,

STOP IT !! Not today at least. Tomorrow you guys can start all over again.

Any such posts like the above 2 will be deleted immediately

ENJOY TONIGHT - WE WON , even if it was not convincing WE WON - THATS IT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks