Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2015, 17:46   #8311
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

I don't know if anyone cares about this series, but India are getting absolutely hammered in Bangladesh. They might be headed towards a whitewash in this series.

Maybe, there should have been a young side. This team looks as if they are scared to lose against Bangladesh, it seems as if they are playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

On a side note, Axar patel's scores in the last 4 ODIs- 0(1), 1(5), 0(2), 0(1)
Old 21st June 2015, 20:24   #8312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I don't know if anyone cares about this series
I most certainly do

If Bangladesh come out on top after this series, all I can say is they absolutely deserve it. They have worked very hard, and it shows. Mustafizur, in particular, will be the toast of their nation, no doubt.

Oops, it looks like this second encounter will be a walk in the park for the Tigers. India are bowled out for 200.
Old 21st June 2015, 21:06   #8313
BHPian

One would not normally attach any significance to an India - Bangladesh series, but this time around, we seem to be paying a price for being complacent or of being shoddy. I'm not sure which.

The Indian team positively sauntered their way to the cricket park and at the end of the day, have been left shame-faced after a comprehensive routing by the local boys. If routed is the word that I'm looking for.

As a spectator, one can observe the visible signs of a team that is wanting to prove it's worth after a laborious decade of ignominy splashed with occasional flash game in the pan victories. That's Bangladesh for you. On the other, we have a team that announces itself better than their opponents but gives no account of the fighting spirit that good teams boast of. That's sadly, India.

Having said that, it does feel childish to see the Bangladeshis give a poor account of themselves when it comes to the field etiquette. Angry send offs, obstruction on the field and shouting on the face behavior doesn't bode well for a team that has everything to prove. I guess it would take some time for them to reign in their emotions and display a graceful aggression.

Even taking all of the above in account, I still am optimistic that we can still win this game and eventually take the series. Never say never.

Cheers!
Old 21st June 2015, 23:51   #8314
BHPian

India Lost by six wickets and gave away the series. Shame to see the Boys so casual on the field.
Old 22nd June 2015, 00:01   #8315
PPS
Senior - BHPian

What is Ravindra Jadeja in the team for apart from his fielding? The last time he came good with the bat if i remember correctly was in NZ ages back when he managed to tie a game! Agreed its a very difficult job batting at no.7 but you really need to come good with the bat even if it means a handy cameo once in a while atleast! But Dhoni will continue to play him in the 11 citing sub-continent pitches which are helpful for spinners.

Last edited by PPS : 22nd June 2015 at 00:04.
Old 24th June 2015, 17:26   #8316
PPS
Senior - BHPian

India playing for pride against Bangladesh! Now who would have thought such a situation would arise.
Dhoni clearly seems a bit rattled, probably the first time in his entire career.
Old 24th June 2015, 18:19   #8317
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
India playing for pride against Bangladesh! Now who would have thought such a situation would arise.
Dhoni clearly seems a bit rattled, probably the first time in his entire career.
What goes around comes around! Well, let's see if we can really win one game in this ODI series. To their Credit, Bangladesh have now beaten Zimbabwe and Pakistan (series whitewashes!), hope they don't do the same against India as well.
Old 24th June 2015, 18:37   #8318
BHPian

Bangladesh have largely benefitted by the momentum that they have garnered post the Pakistan whitewash. That's mainly the cause of their supreme confidence in the ongoing ODI series.
Adding to that, their move of playing Mustafizur has come off very well as he has tormented the Indian batsmen with deliveries that have been difficult to negotiate.
Two losses do not make this Indian team a bad side. It's just a combination of factors that has primarily aided the home team.
Nevertheless, we can put a lid on this dismal series with a thumping win today.
Old 24th June 2015, 21:04   #8319
Oxy
BHPian

Meanwhile, our next month's tour to Zimbabwe has been cancelled. The reason - Broadcast rights issues and Fatigue factor.

The fatigue factor is understandable, as these guys are just playing non stop. But I am not impressed with this broadcasting row.

The series was scheduled to be aired on Ten Sports in India since they have the telecast rights of all matches happening in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan (including UAE) and West Indies.

Now the BCCI has some problem with the owner of the Ten network, due to which they have decided to pull out of the tour.

Who are BCCI to dictate which channel should be showing the matches when they are not hosting those games? Very unprofessional and childish in my opinion.

Here's the source:

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cric...r_1617912.html
Old 25th June 2015, 00:06   #8320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Meanwhile, our next month's tour to Zimbabwe has been cancelled. The reason - Broadcast rights issues and Fatigue factor.

The series was scheduled to be aired on Ten Sports in India since they have the telecast rights of all matches happening in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Pakistan (including UAE) and West Indies.
This report from Cricinfo says otherwise
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/891023.html

Also, wouldn't they have to cancel the tour to Sri Lanka in August if they had an issue with the broadcaster, Ten Sports.

To be honest the international scheduling of tours is an absolute shambles
Old 27th June 2015, 14:23   #8321
Senior - BHPian

The move by ICC to change the field restrictions and removing Batting Powerplay is really admirable.
Thinking about England, they just started scoring big runs in ODIs and now this move by ICC, really funny.
Old 27th June 2015, 16:12   #8322
Senior - BHPian

Just after the loss in ODI in Bangladesh, Dhoni made a statement that was totally shocking and showed what is really the holy cow of Indian cricket.

http://www.ibnlive.com/cricketnext/news/ready-to-leave-captaincy-if-it-helps-indian-cricket-dhoni-547600-78.html

Dhoni said: "It has been a long season of cricket for us. Four and a half months in Australia, before that two and a half months in England. So it keeps going on. "It is very difficult for me to say if this (fatigue) is the reason. But it is the same team that keeps on playing in every series. So it becomes a bit tiring to consistently turn up and perform,"

Did I miss 2 months of IPL circus just after four and a half months in Australia, and just before the ODI series. If Dhoni missed it, then they had 2 mths of rest and fatigue was not a factor.

Last edited by vasudeva : 27th June 2015 at 16:15.
Old 27th June 2015, 16:29   #8323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Thinking about England, they just started scoring big runs in ODIs and now this move by ICC, really funny.
The ICC saw that even England are scoring 400 now, and they thought- "this menace has to stop".
Old 27th June 2015, 20:56   #8324
Senior - BHPian

I'm disappointed that bat sizes hasn't been an issue that's taken up. Players relied on timing to hit sixers before, but todays bats really don't need you to time the ball to hit a six, you just need to smash with all you've got. The day we restrict bat sizes is the day there's balance in the game.

BTW, anyone here keen on watching the Ashes? I'm putting my money (no, not literally ) on Australia.
Old 29th June 2015, 13:50   #8325
Oxy
BHPian

Squads for the Zimbabwe tour (3 ODIs and 2 T20s in Harare) and India A's tri series against South Africa A and Australia A at home announced.

Rahane to lead India and Pujara to lead India A.

Dhoni, Kohli, Rohit, Dhawan, Ashwin, Jadeja and Raina rested.

India squad: Ajinkya Rahane (capt), M Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, Manoj Tiwary, Kedar Jadhav, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Harbhajan Singh, Axar Patel, Karn Sharma, Dhawal Kulkarni, Stuart Binny, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohit Sharma, Sandeep Sharma.

India A squad: Cheteshwar Pujara (capt), KL Rahul, Abhinav Mukund, Karun Nair, Shreyas Iyer, Naman Ojha, Vijay Shankar, Amit Mishra, Pragyan Ojha, Shardul Thakur, Varun Aaron, Abhimanyu Mithun, Umesh Yadav, Shreyas Gopal, Baba Aparjith.

Still no Rishi Dhawan, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sarfaraz Khan, Parvez Rasool or Pawan Negi. I was hoping some of them would make it.

Source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...ry/892263.html

Last edited by Oxy : 29th June 2015 at 13:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks