Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 20:15   #721
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Yuvi can't cement a place in the test team. Nor can Karthik in both forms of the game. Hopefully with the return of Pathan & Sehwag it will be all the more difficult. So who can captain then? Dhoni is not doing well either. 3 contenders from the youths running for the captaincy are not sure of their place in the team. Is it wise to elect them?

Going by Ganguly's previous record as captain & his recent form he must be the favourite contender for the top throne. I am sure Sachin wont accept captaincy. Whose left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu
Not another faint hearted, please!
what India needs is a dictator to lead them. A person who is vocal. And who better than the ex-captain?
Old 15th September 2007, 00:54   #722
Senior - BHPian

HAHA lol wat a funny match it is.. It has been tied for now. Lets see what happens. but a very good performance from Paki players.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:57   #723
Senior - BHPian

Crazy match - I'm becoming a 20-20 convert. I guess our guys got caught with their guard down after Shahid Afridi's wicket - they were nearly in celebration mood afterwards till those consecutive boundaries shook them out of it.
Old 15th September 2007, 01:04   #724
BHPian

Hmmm. Fingers crossed
Old 15th September 2007, 01:15   #725
Senior - BHPian

Watching the tie-break now - it seems so silly. It really is - its almost like gilli danda. Its also unfair - it negates the effect of SO MUCH serious and hard work during the actual match. This is a farce.

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th September 2007 at 01:17.
Old 15th September 2007, 01:18   #726
Senior - BHPian

OMG OMG OMG funniest match in the history of cricket i have seen. OMG PAKISSTAN BOWLERS. LMAO ROLF. LOL

I wish i could use 3 smilies OMG. Cant Stop laughing..
Old 15th September 2007, 01:19   #727
BHPian

Yes... We did it.. India won by 3-0. Thats great
Old 15th September 2007, 01:22   #728
Senior - BHPian

Funny end to a funny match....Winnning winning we were almost loosing to tieing the match to winning it again...
Old 15th September 2007, 01:33   #729
Senior - BHPian

Well, first we were loosing a winning match, then we tied. I think that was brilliant. Then again, winning in a way that is not cricket, seems unfair but then so does the Duckworth Lewis Rule. The main thing is that we won.
Chuck De India
Old 15th September 2007, 01:48   #730
Senior - BHPian

Well, well, well was that a topsy-turvy match or what! Loved the fact that the Paki's missed all 3 chances at the stumps! But, we have got to improve our bowling esp. when it concerns Monsieur Agarkar & Shreesanth.

P.S. Absolutely loved Uthappa's gesture after hitting the stumps in the bowlout! Way to go young man, fantastic performance today!
Old 15th September 2007, 02:01   #731
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Don't know what Dhoni was thinking today. Why didn't he let Irfan open the bowling? After Wasim Akram I think Irfan is the only other bowler in the last decade or so who can convincingly swing the ball viciously in both directions.

As usual our strength i.e the batting made a mockery of the game. It was awesome to see Irfan's comeback and the solidarity with which Bhajji bowled to Afridi. Asif's spell was like a dream.

And the bowl out was quite funny. We are seeing a new generation of the game evolving here. More spectator & viewer friendly. This should bring about an impact in the way the longer version of the game is played as well. It wont be that far in the future when we see teams chasing totals in excess of 400 to win.
Old 15th September 2007, 02:28   #732
BHPian

Can somebody please start a poll here with probable choice for the next Indian captain. Today as per a Times Now news channel they took a poll from major Indian cities and people favoured Ganguly to be the next captain.

My vote goes to Ganguly.
Old 15th September 2007, 09:09   #733
Senior - BHPian

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

According to Times Now - Sachin is being made a offer to lead both, the test and the one-day team.

But wait - who else do we have ? Saurav - I would love to have him back as skipper, other than that we have no one who can lead.

Cracking match yesterday. We won from almost losing a won match. Amazing.

Dhoni made a real smart choice for his bowlers during the shoot out. Bhajji bowled yorkers nicely (which our fast bowlers should). More than Agarkar's bowling - Sehwag's batting worries me. Looks like there has been no improvement. Gambhir looks under pressure as Uthhappa is going great. Pathan bowled nicely - nothing great nothing bad. Kept it tight but his batting has always impressed me. He can be the batting all rounder we are looking at.

Now to the Super 6's.
Old 15th September 2007, 09:30   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Don't know what Dhoni was thinking today. Why didn't he let Irfan open the bowling? After Wasim Akram I think Irfan is the only other bowler in the last decade or so who can convincingly swing the ball viciously in both directions.
I think you are forgetting that Pathan was coming back after a miserable 8 month period. In hindsight we know now that he has done a lot of hard work. But had he failed in the opening spell ppl would have crucified Dhoni
Old 15th September 2007, 10:55   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
I think you are forgetting that Pathan was coming back after a miserable 8 month period. In hindsight we know now that he has done a lot of hard work. But had he failed in the opening spell ppl would have crucified Dhoni
Yup, his wicket maiden to start with did indeed do wonders for the reviews he got. I hope it's done the same for his confidence too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks