Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 13:55   #1621
BANNED

TBHP has option to ignore forums. We might need an option to ignore posts by certain users
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If you find my posts literature, its best you avoid reading them.
Old 7th October 2007, 14:12   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
TBHP has option to ignore forums. We might need an option to ignore posts by certain users
Let the games begin!
Old 7th October 2007, 14:30   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

so if anyone wants to bypass diabloo posts they can do so
Old 7th October 2007, 14:42   #1624
BANNED

Oops, in that case we can have a limit on the words and words above limit are just swallowed by the forum software
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
so if anyone wants to bypass diabloo posts they can do so
Quote:
Sorry John, but the point that I am trying to make will take more than 30 words.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:01   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oops, in that case we can have a limit on the words and words above limit are just swallowed by the forum software
That "software" will end up with indigestion, I'm sure.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:12   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Let the games begin!
Maybe we can call 3D. After all, he's good at squeaking in games, rather than any real contribution.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:23   #1627
Senior - BHPian

This is just not cricket. Hmmm ....
Old 7th October 2007, 18:44   #1628
rks
BANNED

Dilip Vengsarkar "warns" senior players:

Cricinfo - 'Nobody can take their place for granted' - Vengsarkar

Quote:
Dilip Vengsarkar, India's chairman of selectors, has sounded out a warning to the senior players following the team's second consecutive defeat to Australia in the seven-match series.

Vengsarkar made it clear that the seniors needed to raise their game, especially in the wake of the World Twenty20 triumph engineered by a young side. "There are many players like S Badrinath and Suresh Raina who are performing with the India A side," Vengsarkar told Mid-Day, a Mumbai-based tabloid. "These guys are waiting for their chance and you cannot ignore them. It's a professional set-up and nobody can take their place for granted."
I think Vengsarkar is preparing the ground for dropping them. But where was the need to give a "warning"? It is blatantly clear that he should have acted much earlier rather than waste time with empty words. And Vengsarkar does not even mention Kaif, who is also performing with the India A side.
Old 7th October 2007, 18:52   #1629
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I think Vengsarkar is preparing the ground for dropping them. But where was the need to give a "warning"?
This I think comes in a hope that Vengsarkar doesn't have to dig his own grave. Remember after Greg left the team, Vengsarkar had decided to do exactly the opposite of what Greg wanted to achieve. This is when Ganguly, Zaheer Khan and the rest (seniors) were brought in. It was his decision to fall back to the policy that India was maintaining before Greg's reign.

Back then he justified his stance that Greg's approach maybe was wrong. And now to suddenly drop them without a warning would put a question to his credentials as to why he decided to fall back in the first place if indeed he thought Greg's way was the way forward. So, I think he is just trying to make it clear that he has given the seniors a chance to perform. Barring which they will be axed. That way, less fingers would point at his decision of bringing back players like Ganguly back into the team.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th October 2007 at 18:54.
Old 7th October 2007, 19:42   #1630
BANNED

Did anyone watch the Sri Lanka v/s Eng match? Eng bowled fantastic. Specially Sidebottom & Swann. SL got bowled out for 164 in 41 overs. Eng need to achieve the target in 48 overs as rain interrupted play twice. The pitch was not disastrously quick or bouncy. It was slow, too slow infact but the Englishmen bowled superbly to restrict SL to about 33/2 in 10 overs. Now to see if SL can defend the target.

Latest news from the Indian camp is that Sachin might open with Sourav as Gambhir is suffering from an injury. Rohit Sharma to be replaced by Murali Karthik. Australia are still sticking to Hodge (and I am expecting him to come good tomorrow) and Bracken will make a comeback at the expense of Hopes mostly.

PS: All you cricket fans must watch NDTV 24x7 tonight at 10pm. There is a show with Yuvi & Dhoni about T20 and their other experiences. Trailers look promising and quite funny with Dhoni trying to pull Yuvi's leg.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 7th October 2007 at 19:51.
Old 7th October 2007, 20:23   #1631
BHPian

Could someone please tell me where and from when would be the tickets available for the T20 20 happening between India and Australia in Brabourne Stadium Mumbai.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:07   #1632
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Did anyone watch the Sri Lanka v/s Eng match? Eng bowled fantastic. Specially Sidebottom & Swann. SL got bowled out for 164 in 41 overs. Eng need to achieve the target in 48 overs as rain interrupted play twice.
SL has a potent pace attack and anything the English bowlers can do, the Sri Lankans can do just as well. England is struggling at 101-5 and should manage a win with Collingwood and Bopara batting. But it's going to be very close.
Old 7th October 2007, 23:14   #1633
BANNED

Just watched the show on NDTV. Called "India questions Mahi & Yuvi". Sadly, the crowd at Taj Malabar Cochin didn't quite come up with the right questions & it revolved around Dhoni's dogs, girlfriends, marriage, sports car, dancing abilities etc.

But what little they spoke about the game in itself, here are the interesting bits.

1. Dhoni says he doesn't miss a genuine quick bowler in the team.

2. Sreesant has been asked to curb down. Dhoni wants "controlled aggression" from his team members. He went onto say, Sreesant is right now learning it the "soft way" to deal with sledging/attitude problem/charisma whatever it is. But, if he doesn't tone down he will be facing it the "hard way". Which includes exclusion from the side or banning.

3. The most interesting bit is that, its not Dhoni who decides the fielding positions. Its his deputy Yuvraj.

4. Both have a very good sense of humour.

5. Yuvraj has officially told his captain "I will do anything for the team, but I WILL NOT bowl the last over of any match". A decision he intends to stick to.

6. Apparently from whatever intro Dhoni & Yuvi gave there is still "weight thrown around" in the Indian team. Not necessarily from the seniors or more precisely fab 3. Dhoni & Yuvraj do have their issues with each other.

7. Slightly OT, but Sreesant is the captain of superstitions in the team.

8. From whatever little body language that I could read Yuvi didn't seem quite pleased sharing the spotlight with Dhoni. He kind of looked oblivious. Somewhere down there, I think Yuvraj is certainly disappointed for not being given the captaincy. A fact that his dad has also spoken about.

But it was a good 1hr fun to watch them take a dig at each other. They do have a good sense of humour.

Sadly, like I mentioned early no one actually pondered them with technical/team related questions.
Old 8th October 2007, 09:20   #1634
BHPian

Today read in the newspaper that Dada is likely to open with Sachin. Lets see how the return to combination works!
Old 8th October 2007, 10:21   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. a slow, but steady start by India. 74-0, 16 ovrs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks