Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
That's ridiculous, why would a butcher send you such messages?
Hey dude, flesh trade is not meat trading as you are thinking, Flesh Trade is a term used for illegal prostitute rackets...selling women, infiltrating women across borders etc.
Old 6th September 2010, 09:50   #77
Senior - BHPian

Strange / Spam / Rogue: Email, SMS, Call, Text.

Guys, I purchased this new Vodafone number a month back. Though I am very happy with their network coverage & service, the thing that frustrates me is this constant messages that I keep receiving from day 1.

It is sent from "TD-PL-TECH" & it reads something like -

Quote:
Global Indices
SGX Nifty : 5500 +16
Nikkei : 9097 +34
blah blah blah

OR

PL BTST
LANCO INFRA 70.75
blah blah blah
Is this something related to the stock market? I have not subscribed to anything like this.

Also, I have registered for DND service but to no avail. These messages keep coming. The problem is, atleast 8-10 such messages are sent everyday!!! I am totally tired of reading this.

I even called Vodafone helpline but even they suggested to activate DND which I have already done. Apart from that, they cannot help me in any ways.

One thing I would like to point out is that maybe this number belonged to some Mr. Nachiket before it came to me. I keep getting calls for him! So I presume he must have subscribed for such messages.

Now, how do I get rid of this? Any suggestion guys?
Old 6th September 2010, 09:54   #78
Senior - BHPian

We used to get miss calls from an 11 digit number in Vodafone. Now automatically its stopped.

After giving MAT exam and scoring 80 percentile, daily even today I am getting more than 15 messages of institutes. If this is not enough, I get messages and even calls for stock market.

Solution : Call helpline number of vodafone, there is one service that will cost around rs. 100 where in you can add the number you want to block. That is the only available solution.
Old 6th September 2010, 09:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Ohh, so this stock market messages are common, i thought i am the only one suffering!

What??? I need to shell out Rs. 100 for my peace of mind? and that for something which i never asked for in the first place!
Old 6th September 2010, 10:03   #80
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread merged.
Old 7th September 2010, 10:17   #81
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I purchased this new Vodafone number a month back. Though I am very happy with their network coverage & service, the thing that frustrates me is this constant messages that I keep receiving from day 1.
Thing is, SMS marketing is cheap (Guilty as charged, I've used it myself for the business). It's way more cost effective than other forms of marketing (especially newspaper advertising). 5,000 rupees can send 100,000 SMS' to a carefully targetted customer profile (based on demographs like location, age etc.). Some companies offer even cheaper bulk sms marketing solutions (I've seen quotes as low as 2,500 for 100,000 SMS).

However, the company we dealt with clearly indicated that they will NOT send any SMS to numbers on the national do-not-disturb list. The authorities have been talking of steps to protect DND registered numbers from spammy SMS. Well, the earlier this happens, the better. Until then, be prepared to have your cell bombarded with spam. I got a new cell number about a year back, and even that receives like 5 marketing messages per day!
Old 7th September 2010, 11:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
"00423662692193 I am Sofiya. I am in your city please call me now on"
Has anyone else got any such sms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
It could be sent by people involved in flesh trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
That's ridiculous, why would a butcher send you such messages?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Hey dude, flesh trade is not meat trading as you are thinking, Flesh Trade is a term used for illegal prostitute rackets...selling women, infiltrating women across borders etc.
You guys are awesome.

After reading these posts, I was ROTF LOL W PIMS (Rolling on the floor laughing out loud with pain in my stomach)

Rohan
Old 7th September 2010, 12:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

Airtel has exited bulk SMS - Bharti exits bulk SMS business - The Economic Times

I hope the others follow suit.

TRAI should impose termination charges for bulk SMS and credit the amount to the accounts of the terminating numbers . That should bring this menace down a little.

Last edited by pjbiju : 7th September 2010 at 12:17.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:11   #84
BANNED

I get several SMS offering "bulk SMS" services. I only wish that the government taken on these kind of spammers, rather on spending times on blackberry issue which only will help crush people's privacy.

I only wish that
Old 8th September 2010, 15:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Also, I have registered for DND service but to no avail. These messages keep coming. The problem is, atleast 8-10 such messages are sent everyday!!! I am totally tired of reading this.

I even called Vodafone helpline but even they suggested to activate DND which I have already done. Apart from that, they cannot help me in any ways.
Now, how do I get rid of this? Any suggestion guys?
I have registered for the DND facility of almost every bank i can think of, after I started getting marketing calls and messages, despite being registered under the National DND registry through Vodafone. For a while they went down. But of late, I was getting quite a lot of them. So, I wrote to Vodafone Nodal Office. They suggested that I send them the details of such marketing calls/sms so that they can take action against these unscrupulous blokes.

So i made up my mind to bug them with such details. I sent out at least 3 or 4 emails with all these details on a single day. Each time someone would reply politely. It went on for a week and then I got a call from their Nodal officer saying the issue is being handled at a high priority. The number of spam messages and marketing calls have drastically gone down since then.

My advice: Bug them. Flood them with details. They will take some action. And be at your polite yet offensive best when you talk to the people in the nodal office.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

ahh tell me about it...

I registered to "DND" through Airtel and the messages kept coming then ui called up the customer care and registered a complaint, i still get those messages but the numbers have decreased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I have registered for the DND facility of almost every bank i can think of, after I started getting marketing calls and messages, despite being registered under the National DND registry through Vodafone. For a while they went down. But of late, I was getting quite a lot of them. So, I wrote to Vodafone Nodal Office. They suggested that I send them the details of such marketing calls/sms so that they can take action against these unscrupulous blokes.

So i made up my mind to bug them with such details. I sent out at least 3 or 4 emails with all these details on a single day. Each time someone would reply politely. It went on for a week and then I got a call from their Nodal officer saying the issue is being handled at a high priority. The number of spam messages and marketing calls have drastically gone down since then.

My advice: Bug them. Flood them with details. They will take some action. And be at your polite yet offensive best when you talk to the people in the nodal office.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
TRAI should impose termination charges for bulk SMS and credit the amount to the accounts of the terminating numbers .
+1. Yes, that will put a hold for those stupids sending bulk SMS too which are in some cases almost free...
Old 10th September 2010, 13:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

Received this today:

-----------------------------------------
Donation from Mrs Salome Stewart
Address: 12b Islamabad Av. Marcoury,
Abidjan-Cote D' Ivoire

Dearest one in the Lord ,

Greetings in the Name above all names, Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour, I am Mrs Salome Stewart married to Mr.Richmond Stewart who worked with Kuwait embassy in Ivory Coast for many years . My matrimonial situation is that I lost my husband and two kids in Motor accident on 27 December 2008.

I am suffering from Throat Cancer and I am suffering very bitterly as I write you this message with help of a Sister in Christ Mrs Joy Kenndy,my doctor just informed me that my days are counted considering my health status.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Three million five hundred thousand dollars in Bank of Africa Cote D' Ivoire ($3.500.000.00USD)

I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I wanted a gracious way and a way to help the less-privileged; I count on your sincere willingness to employ this fund in a Godly manner.

Please if I reach you this time as I am hopeful, endeavour to get back to me as soon as possible with the below information to enable me obtain an authorization letter that legally and officially approved you the new beneficiary of my inheritance from Ministry of Justice-Cote D' Ivoire so that immediately the authorization is ready, I will send it to you with the contact of the bank.

1. Full Name....
2. Address....
3. Nationality....
4. Occupation....
5. Date of Birth....

Yours Sister in Christ
Mrs Salome Stewart

----------------------

Anyone interested???
Old 11th September 2010, 13:19   #89
BANNED

Customers of Oriental Bank of Commerce beware - spam / phishing messages intended for them are doing the rounds. I got two - and I am not a customer.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:31   #90
BHPian

I received this today:
--------------------

NOTICE OF SELECTION

YOU ARE A POTENTIAL FINALIST TO WIN Rs. 30,00,000.00 CASH IN THE THIRD AND LAST STAGE OF RUPEES 1.1 CRORE SWEEPSTAKES 2010.

Dear Mr.devashish Kudle,

An Official Invitation has been issued in your name. It confirms that you are amongst those selected from the whole of India, who may activate an exclusive Sweepstakes entry opportunity. If you are drawn winner of our Super Grand Prize, you’d have sole claim to a cash amount worth Rs. 30,00,000.00.

You may be surprised to know that in all of India, less than 1% of the households have been selected to receive a fabulous offer from Reader's Digest. While many of your neighbours will never be selected, you have already been fortunate enough to clear two of the three stages there are to becoming a winner in our Rupees 1.1 Crore Sweepstakes 2010!
Now it’s all up to you to make the most of your opportunity. Simply click here to access the private web site to activate your Sweepstakes entry opportunity.
You’ll be pleased you did.

Sincerely,

Vikas Malhotra
Sweepstakes Director

P.S. When people receive a Sweepstakes invitation -- like the one you now have -- they often decide to discard it, thinking, no one ever really wins. And it is a fact that if you choose to ignore the chance to enter the Rupees 1.1 Crore Sweepstakes 2010, you will NEVER win ANYTHING in the Draw. Don't let this guaranteed opportunity slip away, just click here to access the site and you could win
Rs. 30,00,000.00. Act quickly!

For any clarifications you can call us on (0120) 2469900

-------------------

What do you guys think??
Is it for real OR??

Last edited by dev_kudle : 16th September 2010 at 14:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks