Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2016, 11:38   #1966
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Question to Citibank credit card users: Past 4-5 months, have been observing that any on-line transaction above a certain limit only gives the option of validation with OTP (IPIN validation is not allowed).

The IPIN option is only working for smaller amounts like less than 20K. It is going to be a problem for me while travelling as I would not be able to receive OTP outside India. Calls to customer service have been useless as they claim that there ins't any criteria that would suppress the IPIN option for validating large transactions.

Has anyone else observed this?
Old 9th January 2016, 11:52   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Question to Citibank credit card users: Past 4-5 months, have been observing that any on-line transaction above a certain limit only gives the option of validation with OTP (IPIN validation is not allowed).

The IPIN option is only working for smaller amounts like less than 20K. It is going to be a problem for me while travelling as I would not be able to receive OTP outside India. Calls to customer service have been useless as they claim that there ins't any criteria that would suppress the IPIN option for validating large transactions.

Haven't faced any such problem with my Citibank Indianoil crad.
Old 13th January 2016, 14:31   #1968
BHPian

Hi, I need some advice.
Today airtel broadband guy was at home to collect documents required for activation. Wife was at home and she handed over gas connection letter, my DL copy and passport photos. Now this chap wanted credit card statement as address proof. So wife handed over that.
So now my credit card no., name and address as well as DOB is out in the open.
Is my card compromised? Do I need to take any action?
Just a few minutes back I called CC who assured me card is safe and no unauthorized transaction can be done.
Please advise.
Old 13th January 2016, 14:37   #1969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

ICICI Bank has moved completely to cellphone OTP-based authentication for online credit card transactions (except a few older payment gateways that still ask for the preset 3D Secure PIN). They also stopped sending OTPs to registered email IDs (apparently a security upgrade).

I had the same issue as you, and the bank pointed me to the online OTP generator app that works even with SIM removed once I authenticate the installation on my phone. SMS-based OTP service is suspended as long as one uses the app, but can be easily reinstated through online banking.

I used it during a previous US trip and it works seamlessly. Check if your bank has a similar option.
Old 13th January 2016, 14:42   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi, I need some advice.
Today airtel broadband guy was at home to collect documents required for activation. Wife was at home and she handed over gas connection letter, my DL copy and passport photos. Now this chap wanted credit card statement as address proof. So wife handed over that.
So now my credit card no., name and address as well as DOB is out in the open.
Is my card compromised? Do I need to take any action?
Just a few minutes back I called CC who assured me card is safe and no unauthorized transaction can be done.
Please advise.
Don't worry your card will be safe. As only the card number will never be an issue and more over no CC company will print your credit card on the statement. It should be only the last 4 digit. If in case it is printed first report the card as lost and get a new card(Peace of mind) or apply for a new card from a different bank.
Old 13th January 2016, 15:04   #1971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post

It should be only the last 4 digit..
Since this statement has come by post, it has the full card number. Any issues? Since customer care guy told nothing to worry about should I still report as card lost?
Old 13th January 2016, 15:15   #1972
BANNED

Quote:

Haven't really made any transaction online of 20K+ plus but I have an Airtel number which does not charge me for incoming messages while on International Roaming. It really really helped me while I was travelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Since this statement has come by post, it has the full card number. Any issues? Since customer care guy told nothing to worry about should I still report as card lost?
This should not be a problem since just the card number is shared and to do any transaction online the person would need CVV and OTP to authorise the transaction. I had shared Photocopy of my CITI Bank card to apply for SBI Card and did not face any problems at all.

But if you still need a peace of mind request the Bank about Card loss and get a new one issued

Last edited by mohammedismail : 13th January 2016 at 15:20. Reason: Merging Post
Old 13th January 2016, 17:11   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Haven't used, but I got an HDFC Regalia card recently and they have sent me a complimentary Priority Pass card https://www.prioritypass.com/
Have you or anybody in the forum used this Priority Pass at any airport. Even i was sent this card with my Regalia Card but have not used it till date.
As per the accompanying document, we get first 12 entries to Lounges free and after that it is paid.
If that is so, then i plan to use it fully during my international travel in summer.

Last edited by nkghai : 13th January 2016 at 17:12. Reason: spelling
Old 13th January 2016, 17:49   #1974
Distinguished - BHPian

^^I know someone who uses it regularly. My own Priority Pass T&C state there is a $32 charge per usage which seems steep. My friend asserts that he doesn't get charged at all. In any case this answer is probably unhelpful to you since I haven't used this service!
Old 13th January 2016, 21:05   #1975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i was sent this card with my Regalia Card but have not used it till date.
As per the accompanying document, we get first 12 entries to Lounges free and after that it is paid.
Most of card companies offer free membership , you still have to pay for the lounge use albeit much lower rates then their usual rates for non-members , in your case since they specifically included for 12 entries , you should be good for 12 visits just double read fine prints if any.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:41   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Have you or anybody in the forum used this Priority Pass at any airport. Even i was sent this card with my Regalia Card but have not used it till date.
If that is so, then i plan to use it fully during my international travel in summer.

Is it first 12 entries per each year? That sounds more like it since my Superia card from HDFC mentioned free Lounge access for the cardholder alone for once every quarter in the year. Since I'm not a frequent flight traveller, I've not used this feature yet. Regalia being the Super Premium card, should have complementary lounge access for sure.

When I took my Superia card, I'm sure it had the free access per every quarter feature on it. Now HDFC has another card in the Signature series named the All Miles Card, and the Superia features on site does not mention any more free lounge access while the All Miles has it. Since the feature was in force when I was issued the card, does it mean I still get to use it? Or do I have to move to the All Miles card? Does anyone have more info on this?
Old 14th January 2016, 15:02   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^I know someone who uses it regularly. My own Priority Pass T&C state there is a $32 charge per usage which seems steep. My friend asserts that he doesn't get charged at all. In any case this answer is probably unhelpful to you since I haven't used this service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Most of card companies offer free membership , you still have to pay for the lounge use albeit much lower rates then their usual rates for non-members , in your case since they specifically included for 12 entries , you should be good for 12 visits just double read fine prints if any.
Thanks Anyway. Will update once i use it so that we are all clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Is it first 12 entries per each year? That sounds more like it since my Superia card from HDFC mentioned free Lounge access for the cardholder alone for once every quarter in the year.
When I took my Superia card, I'm sure it had the free access per every quarter feature on it. Now HDFC has another card in the Signature series named the All Miles Card, and the Superia features on site does not mention any more free lounge access while the All Miles has it. Since the feature was in force when I was issued the card, does it mean I still get to use it? Or do I have to move to the All Miles card? Does anyone have more info on this?
OK a little bit of research from the HDFC site.

For Regalia Card it clearly mentions 12 free passes as under :-
" Get a complimentary Priority Pass Membership for preferential and free access to over 700 airport lounges around the world. Enjoy refreshments and use facilities including phones, faxes, Internet and conference rooms. The Primary card holder can have up to 12 free accesses to the Priority Pass lounges every year. Your guests can also use this facility at a fee of $27 per person, per visit on your Regalia Credit Card. "

For All Miles Card you get 4 free passes per year as the site mentions the following :-
"Priority Pass membership worth $99 per annum is complimentary. Enjoy 4 free accesses to Priority Pass lounges yearly"

For Superia Card it is all payable and it mentions :-
"* Priority Pass membership worth $99 per annum is complimentary.
A usage fee of up to $27 per person per visit (including any accompanying guest) will be charged to the Card Account. The above fee is indicative and usage charges may vary from lounge to lounge."

Seems one is good to go
Old 18th January 2016, 22:48   #1978
BHPian

1) Did anyone use RBL Bank credit card? How is the review from those who used it?
2) On a slightly off-topic, why is SVC Co-operative bank called so when SVC itself stands for Shamrao Vithal Co-operative bank? See them expanding a lot!
Old 19th January 2016, 00:09   #1979
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any card that allows fuel purchases without surcharge ?

I have a SBI card, but looking for another one. SBI has reduced the waiver of surcharge to 100/- only
Old 19th January 2016, 00:20   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is there any card that allows fuel purchases without surcharge ?
Citibank cards on Citi PoS terminals does not attract fuel surcharge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks