Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 00:24   #1981
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is there any card that allows fuel purchases without surcharge ?

I have a SBI card, but looking for another one. SBI has reduced the waiver of surcharge to 100/- only
Citibank Indian Oil card. No fuel surcharge limit whatsoever. Works like a charm, but only at Indian Oil pumps equipped with a Citibank card reader. By coincidence, we used to fill up only at an Indian Oil COCO outlet nearby even before we got the card. The best part is that you get points on your fuel purchase which you can then redeem at the pump.

PS; I moved from SBI to Citi.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 19th January 2016 at 00:27.
Old 19th January 2016, 07:51   #1982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an HDFC Signature that refunds the surcharge. There is probably a monthly limit and a per-transaction limit, but I don't hit either of them.

In the past I have had an Axis Bank card that worked similarly.

The problem with Citi is that it works only in IOCL pumps. Since I live near OA Road I don't even know if there is a reliable IOCL pump near me.
Old 19th January 2016, 09:44   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
In the past I have had an Axis Bank card that worked similarly.
You are right, Axis has some debit and credit cards that do not have any fuel surcharge at all. On top, you get Buy 1, Get 1 movie ticket free on Book My Show. We got them under the Burgundy program which requires a high AQB or a salary account with salary above a certain limit.
Old 19th January 2016, 10:44   #1984
BHPian

Hi everyone !

Are there any members on this thread that regularly check their credit scores?
For those that do, what range does your score lie in? Please also mention how long have you had your (oldest) credit card.
Old 19th January 2016, 10:55   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
On top, you get Buy 1, Get 1 movie ticket free on Book My Show.
I get this on my Citi Debit Card on BMS. Monthly limit of 6 free tickets or Rs. 1000 in rupee value of free tickets (whichever is lesser).
Old 19th January 2016, 15:41   #1986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have a SBI card, but looking for another one. SBI has reduced the waiver of surcharge to 100/- only
I have a HDFC Platinum card and the surcharge gets reversed irrespective of the pump and POS machine. I am not sure if there is any upper limit but I haven't hit any till now.
Old 19th January 2016, 16:39   #1987
BHPian

Quote:

Standard Chartered, IndusInd etc also offer this.
Old 19th January 2016, 16:53   #1988
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Citibank cards on Citi PoS terminals does not attract fuel surcharge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Citibank Indian Oil card. No fuel surcharge limit whatsoever. Works like a charm, but only at Indian Oil pumps equipped with a Citibank card reader.
This one I am aware of. I even checked the Citi website for such bunks. The regular bunk I go to is listed there.

Butttttt .. I may move away from Indian Oil. Hence trying to avoid this constraint.

Quote:
I have an HDFC Signature that refunds the surcharge. There is probably a monthly limit and a per-transaction limit, but I don't hit either of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I have a HDFC Platinum card and the surcharge gets reversed irrespective of the pump and POS machine. I am not sure if there is any upper limit but I haven't hit any till now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Thanks, folks. Will check these for upper limits.
Old 19th January 2016, 17:03   #1989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Are there any members on this thread that regularly check their credit scores?
For those that do, what range does your score lie in? Please also mention how long have you had your (oldest) credit card.
I do, about once a year. My score is 840+. I pay off my CC bill fully every month and have never defaulted on any loan.

The first card I had was from SCB, issued in 1998 or 99 (Rs. 30K limit!), but I surrendered it within 3 or 4 years. The oldest card I hold at present is Citi Visa, which has been with me (in various names/co-brands) since 2004.

Last edited by binand : 19th January 2016 at 17:07.
Old 19th January 2016, 17:10   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
I do, about once a year. My score is 830+. I pay off my CC bill fully every month and have never defaulted on any loan.

The first card I had was from SCB, issued in 1998 or 99 (Rs. 30K limit!), but I surrendered it within 3 or 4 years. The oldest card I hold at present is Citi Visa, which has been with me (in various names/co-brands) since 2004.
Thank you for sharing sir
You seem to have built up quite a responsible credit history through the years, no wonder about the score then !

I am a newbie in this regard, got my first credit card in 2014, and then one more last month. I pay my bills fully likewise and haven't had a loan. Last checked, my score was 780. Pretty satisfied with it considering it has been ~18 months since I began using credit.

If you don't mind me asking, how many cards do you currently have?
Old 19th January 2016, 18:46   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how many cards do you currently have?
Three. Two from Citi and one from HDFC.

The HDFC one is purely for fuel (full surcharge waiver at all pumps including Shell). The other two I divide as one for online and one for CP. The online one I know the details by-heart so I don't even need to take it out to make a purchase. :-)
Old 19th January 2016, 18:56   #1992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
The Standard Chartered Titanium card used to offer 2.5% payback in addition to waiver of fuel surcharge earlier. But they do not offer this across their range of cards.
Old 20th January 2016, 12:19   #1993
BHPian

Indusind, Axis waive off the fuel surcharge for fuel above 400 per transaction. I think they have a upper limit on reversal like 300 per month. So you can fill fuel worth upto Rs 12,000 per month (considering 2.5% surcharge).
Old 20th January 2016, 22:31   #1994
BHPian

Slightly off-topic but informative.

The IMPS refund is instant, in case of a failure. I used Bank of Baroda, Union Bank of India, IOB extensively for IMPS.
1) Axis , Indus credit card payments can be made by IMPS. There are 2 advantages. We can pay at last moment even if we forget and even if the last day is Sunday or Holiday. We can use the interest free credit period to the fullest.
2) IMPS can be used with IFSC code, just like NEFT. No hassle of MMID, mobile registration, download on mobile etc. Just login to laptop on netbanking site, make IMPS transfers . Just like NEFT.
3) I used IMPS (with a/c no - just like NEFT) for merchant transactions where they charge 2% extra on card nuisance. You can avoid cash transactions, running to ATM, per day withdrawl limit headache etc is avoided. Just register them online, send a confirmation amount of 1 rupee, and then transfer the rest. Very useful.
Of course, some merchants want to deal everything in cash. The tax evaders. They dont reveal bank details and insist on cash. Luckily I never encountered those. Either credit card or IMPS for big purchases.
4) I feel NEFT transactions will come down as awareness of IMPS (by IFSC code) increases.
5) Best of all, Bank of Baroda, Union Bank, IOB offer IMPS FREE as on today.
Even most of the Sarkari banks charge for NEFT.

Even the merchants were surprised about this IMPS feature through IFSC code.
Old 21st January 2016, 07:52   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
4) I feel NEFT transactions will come down as awareness of IMPS (by IFSC code) increases.
I am currently in a dispute with HDFC Bank about the charges they levy on IMPS transactions. They offer NEFT for free but charge for IMPS, which as far as I'm concerned is a dealbreaker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks