Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 13:56   #2086
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
There is a saving of close to Rs 1900 when paying by card. This number may increase/decrease according to the country of use. When I used this card in Sri Lanka recently (after running out of cash, on the last leg), I saved close to Rs 2000 (compared to INR to LKR currency exchange prices) on purchases worth INR 15000 odd. Made me realise, I should have swiped my card on all days.
Thanks for letting us know. This low markup alone makes this card worthwhile for those who travel abroad.

But I don't understand how all of you are getting it without any annual fee when it stipulates a bunch of conditions on the website to qualify for a waiver. What am I missing?
Old 31st May 2016, 14:10   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Thanks for letting us know. This low markup alone makes this card worthwhile for those who travel abroad.

But I don't understand how all of you are getting it without any annual fee when it stipulates a bunch of conditions on the website to qualify for a waiver. What am I missing?
I have my salary account with HDFC Bank.
I qualified for their 'Classic Banking' criteria a few months ago, and was offered the Regalia free of any charge about a month ago.
My personal banker did mention the offer was on account of me having been classified a Classic Banking customer. Though I'm not aware if all those who fall under Classic Banking would be offered the Regalia Credit Card.

More on how to qualify under Classic Banking & other queries available at this link

Last edited by tibby : 31st May 2016 at 14:10. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 31st May 2016, 14:28   #2088
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just go to HDFC CC site. It is lifetime free there. apply online and get it. I do not have account with HDFC other than CC.

Stan chart also has good forex conversion rates.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-hdfc_lifetimefree.jpg  

Last edited by rkg : 31st May 2016 at 14:29.
Old 1st June 2016, 12:19   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I have a HDFC Money back card and for some strange reason I could not find a way to convert my rewards points to cash. Help please!!
Quote:
The cash back is an offline process - fill a form and you get the cash back in a couple of days. You need to contact your RM for the same. Or you can reach the CC helpline.
It used to be offline process and the cashback used to be from next billing cycle and the whole process used to take almost 10 days.

Recently they added a new option to the rewards redemption page where you can convert reward points to cash online, I used it a couple of days back and got the amount reflected in CC statement the very next day.
Old 1st June 2016, 14:02   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Just go to HDFC CC site. It is lifetime free there. apply online and get it. I do not have account with HDFC other than CC.
Can you share the link from where you got this page showing Lifetime free? When I check, it shows a fee of 2.5k which will be waived on spends of 5L.

Few months back, I wanted the Regalia but was shown Diners Premium as my eligibility for Life time free card. So I went with that, but there are quite a few places where Diner's is not accepted.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 1st June 2016 at 14:03.
Old 1st June 2016, 14:08   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

Stan chart also has good forex conversion rates.
I have a HDFC Regalia Card and they also sent me the Priority Pass for airport Lounge access. My query is whether I will be charged for this access everytime I use it or are there certain number of free uses of the lounges.
Old 1st June 2016, 14:41   #2092
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I have a HDFC Regalia Card and they also sent me the Priority Pass for airport Lounge access. My query is whether I will be charged for this access everytime I use it or are there certain number of free uses of the lounges.
As per the brochure, 12 visits per year are free only for primary card holder. each accompanying person has to pay $27/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant
Can you share the link from where you got this page showing Lifetime free? When I check, it shows a fee of 2.5k which will be waived on spends of 5L.
Check for online application for CC
https://www.hdfcbanksmartapply.com/c...ly-online.html
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:41   #2093
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Possibly to get everyone under their wings. And if you default on payments, then they make their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriharsha_m87 View Post
Recently they added a new option to the rewards redemption page where you can convert reward points to cash online, I used it a couple of days back and got the amount reflected in CC statement the very next day.
thats a good move. Makes it convenient for all. Have they included any rewards redemption fee now?
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:07   #2094
BHPian

Quote:

thats a good move. Makes it convenient for all. Have they included any rewards redemption fee now?
I converted 2171 points and I got Rs. 868 at 0.4 conversion rate. So no fee was charged I guess.

But I do remember some Rs. 75 redemption free, which is probably charged if you redeem any gifts.

Unfortunately from this month the conversion rate is 0.3.
Old 5th June 2016, 22:07   #2095
BHPian

HDFC Chip Credit Card users - Is the card PIN restricted to 4 digits?
Old 5th June 2016, 22:31   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriharsha_m87 View Post
I converted 2171 points and I got Rs. 868 at 0.4 conversion rate. So no fee was charged I guess.

But I do remember some Rs. 75 redemption free, which is probably charged if you redeem any gifts.

Unfortunately from this month the conversion rate is 0.3.
Redeemed 21880 points for Rs 6k today from my HDFC CC.
Its less than 0.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
I guess so. Haven't come across any PINs others than 4 digits.
Old 6th June 2016, 06:44   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Redeemed 21880 points for Rs 6k today from my HDFC CC.
Its less than 0.3.
Mine is a money back card, on the other Regalia card 15000 reward points roughly got coverted to 11000 worth of Regalia cash which can be used to buy tickets, recharges etc

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th June 2016 at 07:14. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 6th June 2016, 12:31   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
Quote:
Most banks follow 4 digits pin.
Standard Chartered Credit Cards have 6 digit pins.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:35   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haven't come across any PINs others than 4 digits.
HSBC and SCB both have (had?) 6-digit PINs.
Old 6th June 2016, 14:00   #2100
BHPian

I have American Express Gold Card. Against 18K points got Rs 7.5k at conversion rate of almost 0.42.

Delving deep into spend against points - if I spend Rs 4k in four Rs 1k individual transaction every month then I get 1k points. This means every 18 months I get 18k points or if I spend Rs 72k then I get 18K points, which further I redeem for Rs7.5k.

That means I get 10.42% of my money back provided I do the spends as given above.

Can someone confirm if there is any other credit card that gives better returns?

Most Viewed