Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2018, 10:34   #2746
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Is there any idea how much time they take for the process? I am meeting all their criteria.
Took me around a week. Just follow up with them through customer care. Generally, they are pretty responsive,
Old 26th March 2018, 20:33   #2747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Check out Yes Bank Preferred Credit card. .
This card is now available with a limited period free for life offer. I submitted my documents today, after filling up the application online. I am told it will take 15 working days to process the request, which seems quite long but I am not in any hurry either.
Old 28th March 2018, 17:51   #2748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
This card is now available with a limited period free for life offer. I submitted my documents today, after filling up the application online. I am told it will take 15 working days to process the request, which seems quite long but I am not in any hurry either.
Let me know if you get. For some reason mine is taking it is own sweet time. No one has any clue on how much time it will take.
Old 28th March 2018, 18:22   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Let me know if you get. For some reason mine is taking it is own sweet time. No one has any clue on how much time it will take.
guess I will be in the same boat as yours. 3 different people have called for 3 different documents, those which I have already submitted. Latest one is for a company ID card with company name, I told them my company doesn't have name on the card, yet they are like it's needed
Old 29th March 2018, 08:30   #2750
BHPian

Guys, i have managed to get hold of SC Super Value Titanium Card. I have confirmed Cashback works at Shell Pumps, which is good for me.

Does Cashback work on any Wallets when we add money? I tried it on FreeCharge but i got only Points and no Cashback.

It will be helpful if someone who has been using this Card can comment on the confirmed Cashback Vendors.

Thanks.
Old 29th March 2018, 14:53   #2751
Senior - BHPian

I have a lifetime free credit card from HDFC (or so I thought). Now they have charged me an annual fee of 3k saying the spend didn't go above 3 Lakhs in past 12 months. But this has never been a condition ever, in past 10 years. I have raised complaint at HDFC, but they have replied that this is the condition.

This is a clear cheating where the bank is subjecting me to non-agreed terms without any prior intimation. What can be done in this case?
Old 29th March 2018, 15:00   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys, i have managed to get hold of SC Super Value Titanium Card. I have confirmed Cashback works at Shell Pumps, which is good for me.

Does Cashback work on any Wallets when we add money? I tried it on FreeCharge but i got only Points and no Cashback.

It will be helpful if someone who has been using this Card can comment on the confirmed Cashback Vendors.

Thanks.
The SV titanium card gives 5% cashback on all fuel pumps, utility bill payments & phone bills.

So electricity bill payments, mobile bills etc earn cashback. There are individual limits on each category as well as a minimum txn size of 750 to be eligible for cashback. Go through the features on the site.

One loop hole is that adding money to 'airtel money' wallet is counted under telephone bills, and get you 5% cashback.
Old 30th March 2018, 14:32   #2753
BHPian

Got the YES first exclusive credit card for free ( life time) which otherwise has annual fee of 10K + GST. I have YES first savings account which allowed them to process the card without any documentation. It took about 7 working days for them to process and deliver the card.

I included wife as add-on card holder while signing up for the card, both of us get free unlimited domestic and international lounge access. Foreign currency markup fee is 1.75%. 10 Reward points for every Rs100/- spent.

Rest of the perks as listed here : https://www.yesbank.in/personal-bank...ve-credit-card

Perks I lose for the card being life time free are:
1) Welcome reward points
2) ‎Taj inner circle membership.

Last edited by mjumrani : 30th March 2018 at 14:41. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 30th March 2018, 16:09   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
guess I will be in the same boat as yours. 3 different people have called for 3 different documents, those which I have already submitted. Latest one is for a company ID card with company name, I told them my company doesn't have name on the card, yet they are like it's needed
All the best.
Mine is worse. Here it goes:
  1. Submitted the application 2 times because of some issue in the application as per them. All information is same. I doubt that they misplaced or lost my original application.
  2. Got verification calls each time I submitted the application.
  3. Nothing happened while I waited patiently. On calling customer care they say it is on hold due to some application/document related issue.
  4. Someone calls from data collection and informs executive will come and fill up the missing info.
  5. No on turns up, on calling data collection folks, they share the data collection executive number.
  6. Data collection executive does not turn up and on calling, he says there is nothing required to be done
  7. Calling data collection, they say application is in submitted status. Nothing required from their side (no explanation provided for why they called me and assigned a data collection executive - it is a mystery still).
  8. Customer care says it is on hold and some issue in the application/document related issue.
  9. Now back to step 3.
Wow, what an experience! I have gone ahead and applied for HDFC Regalia First let's see who is less painful .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
This is a clear cheating where the bank is subjecting me to non-agreed terms without any prior intimation. What can be done in this case?
It is nothing new! Banks and other service providers will change the terms & conditions as and when they wish. Call them and strike a deal based on the card you have. I have applied for HDFC Regalia First which they stated life time free if I make a auto bill pay from this this card. Taken a photograph of this agreement for my reference. Hoping that I am saved from their future shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Got the YES first exclusive credit card for free ( life time) which otherwise has annual fee of 10K + GST. I have YES first savings account which allowed them to process the card without any documentation. It took about 7 working days for them to process and deliver the card.
Congratulations! Your existing relationship has worked I believe

Last edited by aah78 : 6th April 2018 at 23:58. Reason: Post fixed for smileys & readability. Posts merged.
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:46   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Right now nothing else, but learn from this experience. I had a similar experience a decade ago with Stan Charted.

These lifetime "free" offers are generally not documented in the agreement forms they send, but are part of the promotional offers and its terms and conditions.
What I've done for my cards is to write to their customer service describing the terms i.e lifetime free and asking for confirmation.
Old 5th April 2018, 08:20   #2756
BHPian

Guys, anyone using the contact-less payment cards in India? How useful is it in India? SBI offered me a free upgrade to SBI Prime and they mentioned contact-less payment as one of the card's features. I know they're really useful in most of Europe and US. But I haven't come across the NFC enabled POS devices in India as much.
Old 5th April 2018, 13:13   #2757
Team-BHP Support

Just got a text from HDFC. On Regalia, there are now 12 (not 8) domestic lounge visits; although, through the Visa/MasterCard NOT Priority Pass.
Old 5th April 2018, 13:33   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Guys, anyone using the contact-less payment cards in India? How useful is it in India? SBI offered me a free upgrade to SBI Prime and they mentioned contact-less payment as one of the card's features. I know they're really useful in most of Europe and US. But I haven't come across the NFC enabled POS devices in India as much.
I use the Zeta card from Kotak bank predominantly for digital meal payment at the office canteen. The card has an RFID sticker and all I have to do is tap / wave it close to the canteen guy's phone.

There is also a mobile wallet tied to the card that allows for alternate mode of payment at a few online food aggregators (Zomato, Swiggy, Box 8, etc.). In both cases, location proximity is verified before payment is allowed/approved. Not sure if this is because it is set up as a digital meal voucher. Also, very few online vendors support this card/wallet compared to say Paytm or PhonePe.

You are right - while there is potential, it will be a while before vendor infra reaches critical mass (I am yet to come across a place in Mumbai where I can use my NFC pay).
Old 5th April 2018, 15:17   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
I have been using one for a few months (Indus Ind signature Legend with wave pay), strangely when I used it in one of the European airports in June/July last year, 2 out of 3 people werent aware of how it works. In terms of usefulness, it avoids the need to put in the pin but I have only had very few places to use it in India until now. There was a 25% off in starbucks on using the contactless card though, that was nice
Old 5th April 2018, 16:36   #2760
BHPian

Planning to cancel my axis bank credit card and then applying for ICICI bank coral credit card powered by American Express. Few queries:-

1. Will an existing credit card effect credit limit for the new card that am buying? I have anyways decided to cancel the Axis bank credit card. Else ill have to submit statements to ICICI bank for them to process with the new card.

2. Will American Express be accepted everywhere the visa and master cards are? My spends are mostly on dining, shopping and fuel. Occasional travel where i can benefit from lounge access.

3. ICICI coral is the only card that i found beneficial for my fuel purchases in HP. Not going for citibank as i don't go to indian oil. However, if there are other cards with more fuel benefits that any members are using, it would help if you suggest!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks