Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 14:06   #4771
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It's not the Citi IOC card, but the the Citibank rewards card, but yes I will hold on till there's more clarity.

Over the years, I've had other credit cards, but gradually gave them all up and have just this one now.

Does it still make sense to go for the Amazon pay ICICI card since it's a lifetime free/no joining fee card ?
I just applied for the Amazon Icici cc an hour back and it seems pretty good considering so many purchases I do on Amazon.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 14:33   #4772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Does it still make sense to go for the Amazon pay ICICI card since it's a lifetime free/no joining fee card ?
This card should be there by default in everybody's wallet as its free and you can always control the limit. Yes, if you don't use Amazon at all, it doesnt make sense. But if you do use amazon and uber its a no brainer really.

My only gripe is the low limit initially for first 6 months. Waiting for 3 more months to see if they actually increase it depending on spending pattern as promised by customer care executive.

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th September 2021 at 14:34.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 16:02   #4773
BHPian

Just received a call from ICICI to convert my transaction of 4.4k spent on Amazon using the Amazon ICICI card a couple of days back to EMI of 3 months. Including interest and processing charges I'd have to pay approx 240 extra.

The EMI is a no brainer and I'm not interested to do the conversion for such a small amount and pay unnecessary interest but the executive says this is an offer and I'd receive the below 3 benefits if I opt in for the EMI conversion.

• Credit Limit Enhancement - I requested this about a month or two back and they denied it stating that it is already at the maximum limit for your income level. But the executive now assures me that I'll get a limit enhancement as doing the EMI conversion would improve my stand with the bank.
  • Credit Card Upgrade - Not sure what upgrade they'd be giving to Amazon Pay ICICI card but I'm sure whatever they give, it would be a downgrade for me to give up the Amazon card.
  • Personal Loan - Well, this one I'm least interested!

So basically I'm confused if I should go ahead and give a go to convert the transaction into EMI for potential credit card limit enhancement. Has anybody else seen something like this before?
Old 8th September 2021, 16:06   #4774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Has anybody else seen something like this before?
Looks like the sales rep will be benefitting a lot more than you will. Go on and ask for all of this in writing. Would be nice to call their bluff.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 16:38   #4775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
  • Credit Limit Enhancement
  • Credit Card Upgrade
  • Personal Loan
Only the first point is of your interest but it is a baltent lie. He is only trying to finish his target of getting folks on EMI. The other two are of no use to you even if true. So skip this offer altogether.

From my personal experience - the bank will enhance your limit without asking if you don't skip any payment, always pay in full (not the minimum) and don't use more than 70% of your monthly limit.

I have received multiple automatic raises without ask in last decade or so. If my initial monthly limit was 10K, today it is at 6.7 * 10K. Not actual figures but you get the idea. This has happened in last 10-12 years.

I have never taken the EMI option and never missed a payment yet.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 17:02   #4776
BHPian

I came to know from this thread regarding 10X reward points on Amazon gift vouchers from HDFC Smart buy website using infinia card and made use of it few times. I used to get 1650 reward points on purchase of 5K amazon voucher.

However, today I noticed that they have reduced the offer from 10X to 5X, so I need to buy 10k Amazon voucher to get the same number of points.

Good days don't last long!
Everlearner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 17:17   #4777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I came to know from this thread regarding 10X reward points on Amazon gift vouchers from HDFC Smart buy website using infinia card and made use of it few times. I used to get 1650 reward points on purchase of 5K amazon voucher.

However, today I noticed that they have reduced the offer from 10X to 5X, so I need to buy 10k Amazon voucher to get the same number of points.

This started few months back. Amazon expenses on smartbuy used to earn 10x earlier. It was decreased to 5x. Now they have replicated the same to Gyftr vouchers. The only category earning 10x now is travel related expenses.
Old 8th September 2021, 18:24   #4778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I think it's applicable on all cards. Cashback is only on first transaction and amount should be credited post 25th September. Exact wording is amount for this month will be credited post 25 days after end of the month. You can see the screenshot someone had posted a few posts back and it mentions this, I had quoted that same post earlier.
How exactly does this cashback offer work? I did a fuel transaction last month i.e on 20th August but i didn't receive the cashback on billing cycle. My billing cycle is 6th of every month(i received other 5% cashbacks on 6th September).Shall i be getting the cashback on next billing cycle?
Old 8th September 2021, 18:38   #4779
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
How exactly does this cashback offer work? I did a fuel transaction last month i.e on 20th August but i didn't receive the cashback on billing cycle. My billing cycle is 6th of every month(i received other 5% cashbacks on 6th September).Shall i be getting the cashback on next billing cycle?
My understanding is whether you do a transaction on the 1st of Aug or 30th the cash back will be credited post 25 days after end of calendar month. So post Sep 25th for everyone.

Regarding whether this will be added as part of the monthly Amazon credit cycle or outside of it I can’t say. Aug was the first time I used this scheme myself but it has been on since July.
Old 8th September 2021, 18:42   #4780
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
My only gripe is the low limit initially for first 6 months. Waiting for 3 more months to see if they actually increase it depending on spending pattern as promised by customer care executive.
Thanks!
Sorry for the noob questions, have absolutely no idea hence asking

What's the initial/default balance given on this card ?
And to apply for this - do it from the Amazon site itself where it displays the promo ?
Does it help if one has an ICICI savings account ?

Last edited by NPV : 8th September 2021 at 18:44.
Old 8th September 2021, 18:47   #4781
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

And to apply for this - do it from the Amazon site itself where it displays the promo ?
1) I was given 240000 and I am quite happy with that limit. So, I did not bother to ask for increase in the limit.
2) Yes
3) No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post

Oh! I got to know about this scheme very late (3 months back only) and now they have reduced the offer!
Btw, just one week back (1st September to be precise) I had availed this offer with 10x reward points, so it looks like the change must have happened after that.

Note to Mods: Request you to merge this and my last post in this thread.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th September 2021 at 19:21. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 18:55   #4782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
1) I was given 240000 and I am quite happy with that limit. So, I did not bother to ask for increase in the limit.
2) Yes
3) No
Your credit limit is huge. Do you have ICICI bank account or hold any other ICICI CC? I am being given a meagre credit limit of 60k.
Old 8th September 2021, 18:59   #4783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Your credit limit is huge. Do you have ICICI bank account or hold any other ICICI CC? I am being given a meagre credit limit of 60k.
No, at the time of getting this card I did not had any existing relationship (Credit or Savings) with ICICI.
Later I did open a basic savings account. But I recently closed that one as well as I want to start reducing my SB accounts.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 20:07   #4784
BHPian

Quote:
1. INR 5,00,000/-
2. Got a call from ICICI Sales Rep.
3. I had one, may be that was one of the factor got a call from the sales rep.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 21:18   #4785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

I got just 40k limit.
Yeah I applied from there.
I have ICICI savings account, didnt help. But then mine's not salary account, not sure if that makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
1) I was given 240000 and I am quite happy with that limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
1. INR 5,00,000/-
Woah!!! That's huge. I wonder if I got such low limit(inspite of having an account in ICICI) because I applied from Amazon app and not from icici netbanking?

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th September 2021 at 21:38.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed