Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:20   #5806
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

HDFC has introduced an limited period offer of 70p/RP for Infinia and Diners black between 23-25 Sep,22. Does it look like a good offer? Any inputs from the experts. I have accumulated quite a number of points in the past one year.
aadya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:48   #5807
Senior - BHPian

Received my HDFC Infinia card today! Received add-on card and Priority Pass for add-on as well. It's an upgrade from Regalia which i had since 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I have a citi credit card which will be discontinued soon since they are handing over the relationship to Axis. I am thinking of getting another card to replace this one. Which one should I consider applying? I already hold a Diners Black and my preference is to get something which has good rewards accrual and redemption benefits. Thanks in advance!
Which Citi card you are looking to replace and do you want to continue with Axis?

I am in similar situation, currently in wait-and-watch mode as i am in no hurry to replace the Citi cards yet. My Premier Miles card will be up for renewal only next year, so i will wait for some more time before giving consent for transfer.
SilentEngine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 13:28   #5808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
HDFC has introduced an limited period offer of 70p/RP for Infinia and Diners black between 23-25 Sep,22. Does it look like a good offer? Any inputs from the experts. I have accumulated quite a number of points in the past one year.
The best use of those points is travel booking or airmile transfer for redemption.

However, sometimes, in order to extract worth from these points (or they are expiring), we go for bookings which can lead to unnecessary cash outflow (for e.g: under the pressure to redeem 10k points, one needs to book 15k ticket as 70% of the ticket price is covered whereas there was an instant discount offered by leading OTAs and the booking could've been done only for 13k). In addition to that, now you have to book a hotel as you are travelling.

If you feel that redeeming those points for Amazon GVs can help you save an expensive vacation, you may redeem at the 70p valuation.
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:26   #5809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Received my HDFC Infinia card today! Received add-on card and Priority Pass for add-on as well. It's an upgrade from Regalia which i had since 2015.
May I ask the criteria based on which HDFC upgraded Regalia to Infinia? From what I read, it is credit limit 10L in existing card and spends of 7.5 lakhs in last 7 months or so..?

Because I too had a Regalia since 2016. Credit limit was 9.8L. Earlier this month got a message saying I can upgrade to Diners Club Black. I requested Infinia but they said they are unable to upgrade me to that. Escalated all the way to MD desk. Ultimately just said at this point cannot upgrade to Infinia.

Got the DCB, was not accepted in first 2 transactions itself. So have just dumped it and got a Citibank card for now till I decide which other bank I should move my loyalty to.
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:50   #5810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
May I ask the criteria based on which HDFC upgraded Regalia to Infinia? From what I read, it is credit limit 10L in existing card and spends of 7.5 lakhs in last 7 months or so..?
I think that criteria is a general ballpark and actual approval criteria may vary from account to account. While credit limit in Regalia was high, I never crossed 5L spend in recent years ever since they introduced 5L and 8L spend based bonus points. So it may be a combination of other factors too. For me the upgrade offer just popped up in netbanking sometime last week.
SilentEngine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:04   #5811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
May I ask the criteria based on which HDFC upgraded Regalia to Infinia?
Quote:
I think that criteria is a general ballpark and actual approval criteria may vary from account to account.
I was on DCB for 2 years with CL > 10L, usage > 10 lpa but never got Infinia upgrade offer. I asked the RM, the branch, the customer service, shot multiple emails to grievencecc, prioritycc, redressalcc etc. but nothing worked. As final try, I sent an upgrade form via registered post to Chennai office. And within a week got my Infinia card at home.

If they denied Infinia, best to wait till next CL increase, and then shoot an upgrade form after CL > 10L

Last edited by Comrade : 23rd September 2022 at 16:06.
Comrade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:19   #5812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Get an American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card.
Maybe a fuel rewards credit card like BPCL Octane, BoB HP Energie, Axis IOC?

What kind of spends was the Citi card getting used for?
The Citi card [VISA] is only used when my DCB is not accepted. In fact your recommendation just reminded me on how many times I had thought of getting the CITI IOCL card. So something similar would be a good addition to the wallet. Thanks

Quote:

Which Citi card you are looking to replace and do you want to continue with Axis?

I am in similar situation, currently in wait-and-watch mode as i am in no hurry to replace the Citi cards yet.
Was the upgrade from Regalia to Infinia lifetime free?

I have a basic Citi rewards card which was handed over at the time of opening salary account. I am not keen on continuing over to Axis. Planning to move my salary account to one of the existing banks I deal with and opt out of the Axis deal.

Last edited by warrioraks : 23rd September 2022 at 16:21.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 16:56   #5813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was the upgrade from Regalia to Infinia lifetime free?

I have a basic Citi rewards card which was handed over at the time of opening salary account. I am not keen on continuing over to Axis. Planning to move my salary account to one of the existing banks I deal with and opt out of the Axis deal.
No, only first year is free, and after that it will be chargeable.

Axis seems to have launched some new cards recently, but if you are opting out of Axis, you can look at Amex MRCC as someone else mentioned above. But given your main card is DCB, you will want a Visa/MasterCard as a backup card.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 16:01   #5814
BHPian

Recently came across this article on Credit Cards

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/in/cr...-credit-cards/
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 10:12   #5815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
I assume you are not interested in hotel booking/flight booking.

Other 1x conversion options:
Tanishq gold jewelry (gold coin purchase not allowed, only jewelry)
Cable TV

If these are not interesting, then I suppose, the 0.7x offered is a good rate, especially given that they are diluting the rewards program.
Old 26th September 2022, 14:13   #5816
BHPian

Quote:
Which one should I consider applying? I already hold a Diners Black and my preference is to get something which has good rewards accrual and redemption benefits.
From Axis's portfolio, if you are able to spend 1Lakh per month, I'd recommend Axis Magnus card. Even 2-4 of these spend in a month makes it worth it. The fee is ten thousand which gets compensated by Tata Cliq voucher of equivalent value (there is also an option to choose single flight ticket but that's not worth 10000). You get unlimited priority pass with 8 guest visits along with 8 VIP Meet and Greet service in India.

In terms of redemption benefits, the normal rate is 1.2% points back. If you spend 1 lakh in a calendar month, you get Rs. 5000 back additional as points taking the reward rate to 6.2% (this starts after you card is two months old). There are also frequent offers where they give 5-20X reward points on Zomato, Amazon, Flipkart, etc on Axis Grabdeal (you have to go through them though just like HDFC Smartbuy). Although like HDFC, their tracking can be a bit iffy. You get 5 Buy 1 Get 1 upto Rs 500 on Bookmyshow. You also get 6% back if you purchase tickets/hotel stay through their TraveEdge portal. Points can be

If you are not spending that much, Vistara Infinite is a good option if you frequently travel and have Vistara connectivity. You get 3% cashback on spends along with Vistara Gold which gives you 3 complimentary one class upgrade vouchers, 10% point back on Vistara Spends for yourself and Business Class vouchers on fee payment, 2.5, 5, 7.5 and 12.5 lakh spends. You can also look at Vistara Signature and Vistara card for lower trims. However, the points are credited directly to your Vistara account and can only be used to book flight on Vistara for you and your family (up to 8 members).
anti21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:53   #5817
BHPian

I am sure many here are using CRED to pay their credit card bills. It serves as a good reminder for timely payment. Just Curious as what Members do with one particular problem i am facing. I have accumulated over 5 Lakh points since i start. What i am unable to figure out is where to use these points. i am tired of playing that jackpot games each time i pay the bill so need some worthwhile idea without spending extra money.

Pls help.
.sushilkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 19:43   #5818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am sure many here are using CRED to pay their credit card bills. It serves as a good reminder for timely payment. Just Curious as what Members do with one particular problem i am facing. I have accumulated over 5 Lakh points since i start. What i am unable to figure out is where to use these points. i am tired of playing that jackpot games each time i pay the bill so need some worthwhile idea without spending extra money.

Pls help.
Those are nearly useless. Discounts/Offers are not lucrative too as I have always found a competing or better offer for same product on other standard sites such as Zomato, Amazon, etc.

Only advantage was the cashback on card payments but that has now reduced a lot and is not lucrative anymore.

I have stopped making payments via Cred now. Only play that game when I don't have anything else to do which again is very rare
sunilch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:03   #5819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
... I have accumulated over 5 Lakh points since i start. What i am unable to figure out is where to use these points...
I used around 6lakh points last year to donate oxygen when Covid wave-2 was at its peak.
I have around 4lakh point left now, with which I play ....wait for it.... those jackpot games
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 20:32   #5820
BHPian

I had applied for SBI Cash Back card and ICICI Platinum Card on 9th September. While SBI is still under process, ICICI has not even responded.

Got a call today stating that my SBI card was approved and they offered me Card Protection Plan. They were in a hurry and trying to get a 'yes' from me by falsifying that it was complimentary. When I realised that it was chargeable with Rs. 1899, I refused to get that plan. Later I read about it and came to know that many people have been duped into agreeing to this plan.
NH08 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed