Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2017, 03:14   #211
BHPian

Re: Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent

During my India trip in Dec 2016, I rented a Myles XUV in Pune for a couple of days, to visit Mumbai.

I got a new-gen W6 with 25K Kms on the odometer. It looked brand new with no dents, scratches, etc.
The pickup process was quite smooth and I was on my way in less than 10 minutes. Same with drop-off.

The deal was sweetened with an additional 20% off through ICICI bank. The security deposit was refunded in 4-5 days.

The only frustrating part was the 100 km/h limit. I had to use cruise control on the straights of the expressway and seeing all kind of cars zooming past me added to that frustration.

Overall a great experience for my first time rental. The main advantage with Myles is unlimited Kms, which is why I chose it.
Old 4th January 2017, 09:21   #212
BHPian

Had nice experience with "Revv" in Bangalore.

We visited my sister in Bangalore for the new year hols. Usually I book with Zoom or Myles depending on the type of travel but this time I even checked Revv. All of them were showing me that there are no cars available. I was searching every 1hr to check if there are cancellations. Suddenly I saw a XUV available in Revv and went ahead and booked it. Next day morning, a brand new XUV W4 with all the showroom ribbons was standing in front of the house and when stepped in and saw the odo as "66 kms".. boy it lighted up face. And my sis was like " why are you blushing". I just smiled and completed formalities. I spoke to the SA guy who came for delivery, and said that the vehicle just arrived and I am first customer.

Overall process was smooth. For 300 bucks they do the door delivery and pickup. The documentation was smooth. Surprisingly they do not take any deposit.
Old 4th January 2017, 11:00   #213
BHPian

I used mykes for the first time recently. Took a car from their chennai annanagar branch. Got a face lifted swift with 61k kms on the clock. Car was in decent condition. Clean interiors and the exterior had some few minor scratches. The tyres were not in good shape and could use a replacement. I noticed the poor condition of tyres for other cars parked in their yard as well.
The staff was polite and security deposit refund was issued in 5 days.
cheap_deal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 18:56   #214
BHPian

These reviews have confused me now. I am planning to a trip to shimla-kullu-manali cricuit. Flying into Candigarh and go around these places and spend some 10-12 days. Was planning to rent a car from Myles. Is that still a good idea? Traveling with wife and 4 yr old son. Plan is to do this trip in the first week of April. Myles seems to be the most economical option.
Old 17th January 2017, 23:35   #215
BHPian

I had a great experience with Myles. Used them on a couple of occasions in two different cities. In both places, the entire process was handled very professionally.

1. Pune, Car: Honda Jazz
I chose the pick up point as Pune airport 7.00 am. By 6.30am, I received a call from Myles representative and asked about my whereabouts. I had the car ready with all formalities completed within 45 minutes of landing in Pune airport. The car was Jazz diesel in SV trim with 52000km on the odometer. The fuel tank was full and the car was in more than adequate condition. Due to a change in our itinerary, I had to return the car 12 hrs ahead of time and contacted their helpdesk. They were very courteous and arranged for a pickup from the airport at the time I said. And by the time the handover formalities was completed, I received a text stating the refund of my security deposit. Overall, this is as close as anyone can get to renting a car from a US airport.

2. Mangalore, Car: Maruti Swift
On a second occasion, I had to rent a car in Mangalore. Based on my prior experience with them in Pune, I decided to pursue with Myles this time as well and I wasn't disappointed. Do note that they don't have Mangalore airport as pickup location. Instead, their location is a 25 min drive from the airport which is a little inconvenient. Also, their location is a small house located on a busy street. Here too, the process was extremely streamlined and smooth. The car was a Swift Vdi with 75k kms and the car's condition was even better than the Jazz's in Pune. Everything functioned as it should and gave no reasons to worry.

I was very happy with Myles and their customer support. Just hope they maintain this level of quality as they expand to other cities.

Jazz SV in Pune
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_4901.jpg

Swift Vdi in Mangalore
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-20170113photo00000298.jpg
rohittunga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:49   #216
BHPian

I took out a Myles XUV for my 4 day trip to Kalasa (Kudremukha) and Udupi from Bengalooru. Picked up the car from their Hennur location on the night of 13th and got it picked up from my home yesterday night.
I got a pleasant surprise when I saw the car. The odo read 80K+, but there were no major damages to the exterior and the interior was reasonably clean too. Better still, the engine performed beautifully.
Had to restrain myself a lot to keep under their imposed speed limit of 100Kmph, the cruise control on the car helped! Would go back to Myles for my next rental.
Just wish they also installed a roof rack to accommodate the luggage which is inevitable with 5+ people.
[ Uninstalls zoomcar app... ]
Old 4th February 2017, 14:09   #217
BHPian

Hi.This is my experience with myles.

I live in Mohali (near Chandigarh) and was to attend a conference in Mumbai from 12th to 14th jan 2017.
Planned a trip to Kashid beach from Mumbai. Plan was for my wife, 2 year old son and myself to leave Mumbai around 4pm on 14th and return back to Mumbai airport on 15th for our 10pm flight back to delhi.

Booked a myles car (Swift diesel) on 10th jan. 4pm pickup from Hotel Grand Hyatt, Santacruz. This was a point of contention that the pickup they mention is hyatt, BKC. This is incorrect as far as i could ascertain. However after their call center guys put me on a conference call to their mumbai location office the matter was sorted out.

Later, on 13th came to know that i can be free early so tried to reschedule the pickup to 2.00 pm. But on calling the call centre came to know that rescheduling is not possible. So cancelled the booking, got a full refund (minus 60 odd rupees) and made a new booking for 2 pm on 14th jan.

14th jan. spoke to their office at 1 pm as advised and was assured of car being on time at the hotel by a guy named Abdul. His mobile number shared with me. Called Abdul and assured by him that he will be there on time.

14 jan 2.00 pm. No Car!!! Abdul was contacted and said he is in the area and looking for a service station to get the car washed before delivery!!! I told him to come asap without washing the car and he says he will be with me in 5 minutes.
Another 30 minutes passed. No Abdul or car. His phone is now switched off!! Calls to the call centre were responded with " we will look into the matter and get back to you". Never GOT BACK.
The Mumbai office guys say the car is waiting right outside the hotel. Checked. False. Abduls phone is still off. It 3.30 pm now.

After another 15 minutes at about 3.45 pm abdul miraculously appears with the car and his phone is now working. Says he as looking for a car washing centre all along. Could not find one. The car is a grey swift with bird droppings all over and dust laden mats.

Still did not want to spoil the holiday mood so accepted the car. There was a checklist. Fuel was at 1/4th point. Myles website mentioned full tank to full tank. On asking he said i can return at one quarter full.

Anyways after this bad delivery experience, hit the road.

The car had about 50000km on the odometer. In a fair condition mechanically.

We had a nice trip.

Car Drop off: This was a contrasting experience to the pickup. This was a different guy. We called him about 1 hour before reaching Mumbai. The original drop off was to be at the pickup location. But on mentioning that i will need to go to the airport after that, he said I can drop off at International terminal. I was delayed by around 10-15 minutes due to unfamiliar routes but he waited patiently.
Once I met him, he offered to drop me at the domestic terminal himself. This saved me some effort and time.
So drove to domestic terminal with him and handed him the car there.
A very pleasant and service oriented guy.
He did comment on the dirty condition of the car and on being told that this was how i got it he was quite apologetic on behalf of Myles.

Overall an Ok kind of experience.
Pickup- very bad
car- dirty, very dirty. But mechanically acceptable.
drop off- excellent

some pointers for improvement:
1. Option for alteration in bookings should be there. Of course subject to availability of cars.
2. Car registration number should be shared with customer before delivery. Preferably on booking.
3. A CLEAN car should be delivered.
4. The service experience from call centre should be as good as the booking one if not better.
Old 8th February 2017, 16:56   #218
BHPian

Is this kind of user policy prevalent with Myles and zoomcar etc. What is the maximum liability in case of worst case scenario?

Name:  ForumRunner_20170208_165552.png
Views: 1946
Size:  118.2 KB
Old 8th February 2017, 16:58   #219
Team-BHP Support

^ Is this for an accident or for damage from a violation (like driving DUI, overspeeding etc) ?
Old 8th February 2017, 17:35   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Is this kind of user policy prevalent with Myles and zoomcar etc. What is the maximum liability in case of worst case scenario?

Attachment 1606010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
^ Is this for an accident or for damage from a violation (like driving DUI, overspeeding etc) ?
Zoom has the same clause. If you violate the rules of zoomcar such as DUI, overspeeding and have an accident, they can ask you to pay full damages or value of the vehicle.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 17:44   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
That is exactly what I want to clarify. It seems murky. Insurance is supposed to cover damage due to any mishap . Otherwise it is not insurance in the true sense. Either they have insurance or they don't. Or they maybe cutting costs by getting third party insurance only? Someone in the know may be able to shed some light on this issue.
Old 8th February 2017, 17:59   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is exactly what I want to clarify. It seems murky. Insurance is supposed to cover damage due to any mishap . Otherwise it is not insurance in the true sense. Either they have insurance or they don't. Or they maybe cutting costs by getting third party insurance only? Someone in the know may be able to shed some light on this issue.
Wrong.

If you are driving under the influence, insurance is well within their rights to refuse your claim. In fact, if a person dies while driving under the influence, he does not get his life insurance claim as well.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 19:15   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy

Wrong.

If you are driving under the influence, insurance is well within their rights to refuse your claim. In fact, if a person dies while driving under the influence, he does not get his life insurance claim as well.
I agree. All I want to know is the maximum liability a customer has in case of an accident /mishap presuming he /she follows the law while driving the car.
Old 8th February 2017, 19:55   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I agree. All I want to know is the maximum liability a customer has in case of an accident /mishap presuming he /she follows the law while driving the car.
The wording is pretty clear that your liability is limited to INR 5000 as long as you don't violate their T&C, which again are laid out pretty clearly, to their credit.

As long as you follow rules and document any pre-existing damage/missing equipment during pickup, the onus is on the rental agency to prove the violation. Consequent damage (driving after an issue) is harder to judge one way or another.

Even then, given you've only paid the security deposit and nothing more, you can dispute any unfair demands, if it comes to it.

Standard T&C really, nothing out of the ordinary for rental services.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th February 2017 at 20:02.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 21:25   #225
BHPian

Having rented from both Myles and Zoomcar personally and having studied their liability policies, I know for a fact that Myles does not limit the customer's liability. Anything over and above the insurance payout is recovered from the customer. I even called and confirmed this with customer care, and this is also what their policy on the web says.
Read another bhpian's ordeal with Myles when his rented car met an accident, and he had to pay Rs 22k+ from his pocket.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...nightmare.html
Zoomcar does limit the customer's liability to Rs 5,000, so it has a superior coverage.

Looking at the language shared above by OP, it seems to me that Voler only says that your _minimum_ liability is Rs 5,000 but there is no upper limit.
mustang_shelby is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks