Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 21:37   #226
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Looking at the language shared above by OP, it seems to me that Voler only says that your _minimum_ liability is Rs 5,000 but there is no upper limit.
No substitute to real-world experiences, of course. But the wording is pretty clear on the 5000 INR deposit.

Quote:
Question 98 in the FAQ:

Who pays for accidental damages?
Damage fee applies when the user is involved in an accident which involves collision/misuse of the vehicle. The user will be obligated to pay the repair cost upto INR 5000 or the standard insurance deductible amount. The payment will be adjusted from the security deposit paid by the user. In the event we find that user has violated Voler Terms & Conditions of renting a car, the maximum cap of INR 5000 will not be applicable. Please refer to our User Responsibility page for further information
The User Responsibility page is pretty neatly laid out again, but there's no denying the wording in such T&C usually has enough wriggle room for the vendor to push the liability to users whenever possible, and the situation is exacerbated by lax consumer protection laws in India.

P.S. Zoom and Revv have similar 'Max liability of X except when you break rules' T&C.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th February 2017 at 21:56.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 11:08   #227
BHPian

I am sharing the link for clarification. It seems like a one sided agreement where the customer liability seems to be unlimited.They don't seem to have fleet insurance, just the normal insurance that covers own damages. These companies also don't have the ability to enforce third party damage insurance liability on the third party (in case of damage due to third party on the road). How are they going to measure 'rash driving'? GPS cannot give much information other than speed.

https://volercars.com/chandigarh/rul...responsibility
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-image1023393636.png  

Last edited by drsingh : 9th February 2017 at 11:11.
Old 15th February 2017, 13:34   #228
BHPian

hi,
submitting the list of payments for accidents.
List was in the documents folder which was given to me with the myles car. This also contained RC, insurance etc. I have pics of all documents if someone needs.
p.s. sorry for the poor quality of images. Taken with my phone in a hurry.
But are legible.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_0635.jpg  

Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_0636.jpg  

risham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:46   #229
Senior - BHPian

BHPians,

Any idea what is Myles' policy regarding someone else driving the car apart from the person on whose account the car is booked? Do they have anything like Zoomcar's co-driver list?
Old 9th April 2017, 11:08   #230
BHPian

A couple of changes in Myles policies. Both are welcome changes/additions

1. Increase in speed limit: The speed limit is revised to 120km/hr. This is a welcome change as the earlier limit of 100km/hr was too low.

2. Loss Damage Waiver: On payment of rs.100/day, customers can avail a Loss damage waiver which covers damage liability on the car.

https://www.mylescars.com/lossdamagewaiver
Loss Damage Waiver Product

Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is an add-on product, available to all MYLES customers (daily booking/ hourly booking) while booking the car. This product will provide following coverage in case vehicle meets with an accident in addition to point no. 1 mentioned below:
  1. One doesn't have to pay for security deposit. It is fully waived off.
  2. There is no damage liability in case of accidental damage.
  3. Towing / Hydra crane services will be arranged by Myles and charges will be covered under LDW.
  4. Vehicle Registration Certificate lost at accident spot will be covered.
  5. Additional third party property liability will be covered.
  6. Car accessories (OEM fitted) lost at accident spot will be covered.
knaveen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 13:08   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post

2. Loss Damage Waiver: On payment of rs.100/day, customers can avail a Loss damage waiver which covers damage liability on the car.
This is really nice. This was one area where Myles was substantially lacking compared to ZoomCar and other competitors. They just didn't have right kind of accidental damage coverage on their cars so far. Although the * next to 100 and the language ("starting from Rs 100/day*") indicates that the charges would be higher segment-wise, it still makes sense to take this coverage.

Now, I wish they update their site to actually mention the variant of the vehicle being provided. Booking a vehicle costing more than Rs 2,500 a day and getting the base variant without ABS and airbags (and not knowing this at the time of booking) is a serious downer.
mustang_shelby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 12:26   #232
MCR
BHPian

Have booked a Swift from 30th of April on Myles. The booking on the website was easy. Got a healthy discount as a first time Customer for Myles. The pick-up locations are the only ones which are not very convenient. There was only one in South of Bangalore and that is JP Nagar 1st Phase. Also, only Swift is available here I think. The pick-up location is around 5 KMs from my house.

Hope the car is neat and drives well!
Old 16th April 2017, 00:13   #233
BHPian

Has MYLES started offering Polo GT TSi's ?

Just saw this while trying to make a booking.

I dont recall any other automatic petrol polo on offer in India.
Attached Images

Rokztar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 00:48   #234
BHPian

I'm booking a Honda city from myles for the long weekend this month; planning to go to Kerala. The last time I booked from Singasandra location, I was given a car with mildly cracked windshield. I was told that the car they had has been sent to service centre and this one was a car from some other location (I don't remember which location). I wasn't sure if I should accept the car or cancel the booking; but since I needed to make the trip, I took it. I told the guy who delivered it to me that, if the crack progresses due to wind pressure or anything like that, then I wouldn't pay for that. He agreed. I used the car for 2 days and returned it with out any problems, fortunately.

This time, I have booked Honda city again and one was available in E-city Phase 2. I really hope this isn't the same car that I took last time.
Is there anyway to confirm this with Myles? Do they allow me to visit them a couple of days before the trip to inspect the car so that I can avoid any last minute surprises?
Old 17th April 2017, 19:01   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
Has MYLES started offering Polo GT TSi's ?

Just saw this while trying to make a booking.
Yes, it does seem like it. I almost booked it for my trip last week (more on that later), but it was available only in locations inconvenient for me, hence settled for a Grand i10 AT.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:00   #236
Senior - BHPian

I had a hassle free and pleasant experience with Myles last week. I had booked a Grand i10 AT for a trip to Mahabaleshwar.

Pickup:
The car was available for pickup on time. It wasn't washed though as previous customer returned it late. Their executive filled up handover checklist, made a note of scratches and dents along with me, explained all necessary documents before handing over the car.

Condition of car:
We got an Asta variant car. Apart from the fact that it wasn't washed, the car was in an above average condition. There were a few scratches and dents here and there, but nothing major was amiss. There were no signs of any accident repair either. It had 28K on the odo. Interiors too were in good shape. All lights, ICE etc were in working condition. The brake light was coming on intermittently, indicating that brake fluid was slightly low. However I decided to continue because of two factors - a) The light was not on continuously which meant that it was only slightly below minimum, 2) Brake functioning was normal.

Compared to my Zoomcar experience last year, the condition of this car was Myles ahead (pun intended ) It was a pleasure to drive and we did not face any issues with the car.

Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_5520.jpg
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_5622.jpg
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_5626.jpg
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_5627.jpg

Dropoff:
I reached the site couple of hours before my booking ended. Dropoff was a hassle free affair as well. Quantity of fuel at drop off was a few litres less than that at pickup. The executive informed that the amount will be deducted from security deposit. Refund was processed with a deduction of around Rs 220 which matches cost of fuel that would have been filled.

Bottomline:
I would surely consider Myles again if I want to book a self drive rental. There is no reason to not use them again. I saw many more cars in their yard which included Swift, Amaze, Jazz, Scorpio & Honda City. All of them seemed to be in a good condition.

Last edited by AkMar : 19th April 2017 at 12:02.
Old 27th April 2017, 16:43   #237

Hi Folks

Does anybody know if Myles reimburses Andhra Pradesh & Telangana State Permit charges ? I am thinking of visiting Lepakshi and Gandikota in the middle of May and Myles would be deal breaker for me ONLY if they don't reimburse the Andhra Pradesh & Telangana State permits which costs a few thousand rupees

Thanks
Dhiwakar
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:11   #238
BHPian

Myles Delhi Experience :-

Booking Time - 5.30pm (April 29) -1.30pm (May 1)
Car - Hyundai Grand I10 -Automatic

Condition of the car :- Pretty decent with minor bruises all around (Had taken the LDW which costed INR 240 for the booking period)

42k on the odo and the hand brake light was constantly on (No concrete answer given as to why ,was told is not an issue)

Car was delivered (home delivery )before time and was dirty ,contact center person apologized and gave a 20% discount coupon for next booking

One thing which made me run around (partly my mistake for not reading the t&c) is myles has a requirement to produce a secondary id along with the drivers license

I didn't have any. Was told the car cannot be handed over if I don't produce the other id

Wondering what to do ,realized I can go to a nearest cyber café and download a duplicate aadhar card copy (this sufficed the requirement and we were good to go)

Overall experience 8/10

p.s:- Made a short video of the car with the myles executive insight during the delivery (just for record purposes to challenge any dispute )
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 16:33   #239
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Have booked a Swift from 30th of April on Myles.
Hope the car is neat and drives well!
I would like to rate the Myles service 3/5.

The reasons for the above rating are as below;

1. Got a call 2 hours before the time of pick-up that the car I had booked was unavailable since it had met with an accident. How many times have we heard this!
2. Was offered a Petrol AT Honda City instead. I asked the Myles agent if any other car was available, and he replied in negative and also was trying to threaten saying that you should consider yourself lucky that your booking is not Cancelled!
3. Reached the pick-up yard on time. Found nobody. Called the agent and he said I have to wait for one more hour!
4. Finally after 65 odd minutes, the car came to the yard. It was a Silver color 4th generation Honda City. The car looked OK. Had many visible damages.
5. Asked the driver if there were any problems and he replied in negative saying that he had driven it from Airport and it drove very well.
6. Completed the basic formalities and took the Customary photos. The car was super dirty. The Myles agent told me that the cleaning charges would be reimbursed.
7. The car drove well. No issues. The suspension made some noise though.
8. Return was a mess though. The Myles agent never picked the call. Had to call the Customer care three times.
9. The Customer Care had asked another Myles agent to call me and he was super arrogant on the call.
10. He asked me to drop the car in the next 5 minutes. After beating some sense to his mind, I topped up the car and dropped it off after 45 minutes.
11. He asked me to share the photos of the car, which I did. I also told him that there was no fresh damage.
12. I had driven a total 801 KMs.

The most important question now, will I hire a rental again from Myles? I would say definitely not. The entire process is too cumbersome and the chances of getting a heavily damaged car is very high. In fact driving is not at all enjoyable, since I was always worried of the parts falling off (read as front bumper)!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-20170511_161557.jpg  

Last edited by MCR : 11th May 2017 at 16:36. Reason: Typo
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:51   #240
BHPian

I just completed a 650 km weekend trip from Pune to Aurangabad and back with family last night and the partner was Honda Jazz from Myles. Passengers included my parents who simply didn't buy into the idea of self-drive cars and kept pushing me for a hired taxi till the last moment. Considering this and the fact that there were 5 of us, the trip went good, except for the issue with tyres. I always had this apprehension about tyres and it came true on this trip.

Booking Experience

I remember having a look at Myles website few years ago at it was super-confusing with me having to upload documents just to create an account. Skip to now and I felt the website to be as good as Zoom Car which I feel is exceptionally good.

The booking was seamless with the only concern in terms of limited pick-up points in Pune. I could find almost all of them concentrated in Koregaon Park, Magarpatta and Viman Nagar region.

The Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) in lieu of Security Deposit is something I liked. While the LDW itself wasn't cheap, it did give a sense of relief with not having to block 5k with Myles.

Pickup

Pickup experience was surprisingly pleasant. I had opted to pick-up car at 7 pm on friday after office. While we had planned to leave at 6 in morning, nearest pickup was 15+km from home hence opted to pickup earlier night. Now it being a friday, I was able to leave office by 6 and called up the Myles Koregaon Park person wanting to pickup the vehicle at 6:30. They agreed to my request and car was at the location by 6:30. What followed next was customary filling up of forms with delivery executive explaining terms and conditions and taking my through the car features and important points.

The car itself was reasonably clean but not probably washed that day since there was some dirt and bird dropping on windshield. However, interior was clean enough with no visible dirt. I would rate cleaning as 7/10.

The only concern area was the fact that front right tyre was 175/70 R14 size while rest were 175/65 R15. However, when I checked the spare tyre in boot, it looked quite new so I wasn't much concerned.

The car had 57000-odd kms on odo and came with full tank of diesel as promised which was good. With forms filled and everything explained, I set off to navigate through Pune evening traffic going from one end of city to another!

The Trip

80 kms out of the city at around 8 AM and my fears of opting for self-drive came true. I could feel the car swerving ever so slightly within seconds, I was sure we had a puncture. Pulled over to the left and left rear tyre and gone completely flat. Thankfully all the tools were in working order so we could change tyres in 10-15 mins.

The punctured tyre was however in terrible condition with treads nearly gone. I called up Myles for Road Side Assistance to check if they would get the tyre fixed in the next city. To my utter disappointment, no one responded on Road Side Assistance number. I tried a couple of times but the call would disconnect after a while.

The rest of day was pretty uneventful with me restricting speeds to 100 kph. While Myles has limit of 120 kph, I wanted to keep some speed buffer in case some overtakes were required. To those wondering how easy or tough is it to stick below 100 kph on open highways, this particular car had massive resonance boom at 100 kph so it was very easy to know when one hit the mark.

Next day in the morning, I decided to find a puncture shop for repair and worst of the fears came true. Not just the now-in-boot tyre, even the right rear had a puncture. What worse, the older tyre was beyond repair with no amount of strips helping to stem the leak. On right rear, an old repair had opened up. Fixed this one and prayed for no more punctures on return journey.

The best part was that my sedate driving earned me an overall mileage of 23 kpl. I guess unlimited kms options is better than fixed kms one. Since I am paying for fuel, I at least get rewarded for driving well.

Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-img_20170521_231802.jpg

Dropoff

I had booked car till 11 PM on Sunday I was in time to arrive at the drop location by 11 PM. I started receiving calls from the Myles from 10:30 PM asking me to come by 11. Due to some pumps closing up, I was able to fill up the tank and reach the location by around 11:10 PM. I understand 11 PM was scheduled drop off but the way I was constantly being called, it felt as though I was delayed by over an hour. Dropoff experience was nowhere as good as pickup at I would rate it 4/10.

Review: Self-Drive Car Rental from Myles, Carzonrent-20170522_085237collage.jpg

Self-drive again?

While the self-drive option turned out to be thousand-odd cheaper, the risk factor was quite high. This was my first experience of self-drive and puncture issues leave me wondering about whether I would want to take a plunge again. Apart from this, the unreliable Road Side Assistance means one would be on his own in case of emergency.

I communicated very clearly during dropoff that one tyre is worthless and the other one might give up again anytime but I doubt if this will be fixed and possibly next person would receive the car with puncture waiting to happen anytime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks