Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 16:00   #151
BHPian

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

No pins or OTP's required anywhere. There was an issue earlier on but it has sort of fizzled out. Uber's payment service is not based in India and therefore not subject to RBI regulations. If you check your bill you will see that you are billed to Uber NV (or something similar) based in the Netherlands.
RBI wanted to ensure that the transactions are carried out in India but that hasn't happened as of now.
Old 7th October 2014, 18:44   #152
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

Uber Business is here.

Quote:
This service is targeted at small and mid-sized companies and allows them to set up corporate accounts with Uber and manage the travels of their employees. The company mentions that this platform offers a centralized billing system and a travel dashboard that employers can use to manage travel budgets.

After creating an Uber for Business account, the employer can provide credit card details for payments, and then add employees using their name and email address. Following this, employees can simply order a car and bill it to the company account. Employers will also be able to keep track of the employee trips.
Source & Full Article: Medianama.com
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 01:15   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you find the service to be good (which you clearly do), please pay for it so that the business actually survives. NOTE: This isn't about Uber; it's about every product & service out there.
I agree with you hands down.

The Indian cab scene is evolving and I think even we as Indians are in a transition phase. From being attracted towards ANYTHING that has a FREE tag to actually paying premium on basic services like cabs, it requires a mindset change, it's happening but we still need more time.
atul.sxna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 22:25   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinn View Post
Anyone using Uber, use this coupon reqq7
Looks like someone used my coupon. I got some credits too, I did not know that, anyways good its worked out for both of us.

Cheers Anand Sundararaju
Old 9th October 2014, 23:43   #155
BHPian

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service

We planned for a Sunday lunch with our infant and i hailed Uber, we wanted to enjoy the brunch with some drinks and i didnt wanted to drive. I got a message: booked and driver and car details with an ETA OF 25 mins. 5 mins later the app sends a notification that driver has cancelled your trip, currently no cabs in your area. Had to take out my car. First experience not a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 20th October 2014, 11:27   #156
Team-BHP Support

On Friday, I wanted to go to Electronics City but did not feel like driving due to parking issues etc.

9.30 am - no taxis available so I took an OLA

Finished my work 3.00 PM and I was at Wipro - the location and EC's policy of no car allowed to loiter meant no taxi was available.

I hopped onto a bus and got down at the bus stop near the EC toll both. Found a couple of Ubers available since they parked on the other side of the highway
Old 20th October 2014, 15:03   #157
BHPian

Used Uber for the first time last week when I had to pick up my car from service.

Booked a cab at 4:45, ETA provided was 14 minutes, the cab reached me in 10. Good to talk to the guy and how Uber is helping them manage their lives better. He had recently bought an Etios and was very proud of it. Bill came up to be 46, after the promotion of 150 applied.

Will I use Uber more - Definitely. Loved the fact that no cash is required at the end.
Old 20th October 2014, 16:30   #158
Senior - BHPian

I got to use Uber in Bangalore. I have used their UberBlack (Rs 18/Km) & UberX (Rs 15/Km). I got Innova in UberBlack & Etios in UberX (always). Currently there is 25% discount in Bangalore. Without this discount. the rates are on higher side. What Uber solves currently is cash transaction. No need to carry cash or change. The meter is replaced by smart phone.

Few observations:

1) I felt there is chance of mis-use. I didn't get any notification when the ride started or when the ride ended. I had to check the report later to find the details. What if the cab driver switched on ride before I got in or switches off ride few Km after I got down? Instant notification would help in these cases.

2) Most of the times I drive or will be driven. I hardly take cabs or autos. So I had to keep an eye on road and inform the driver where to take the turn. It would be good if I can share the exact destination (or GPS co-ordinates) and the driver's smart phone routes to the destination.

3) One thing I am worried is whether if I can get ride back. What is it is 9PM in outskirts and there is no Uber available? I don't want to haggle with auto, look out for bus or try to call other cabs. It would be good if I can reserve a ride on Uber.

A suggestion: The primary mode of taxi in US & Europe is car. So makes sense for Uber to sign up car drivers in those markets. But in India it is the auto. So Uber should sign up autos and this will solve the supply crunch. Since it is cashless, I need not negotiate to fix the price every time. But for this, Uber has to shed its luxury-taxi image.

Last edited by msdivy : 20th October 2014 at 16:31.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 13:49   #159
BHPian

Recently got a chance to use Uber Black service in Pune. Was returning from my native place and had a lot of luggage. Reached Pune station 10.30am last Sunday and hired porter to get the luggage to Pune Station's main gate where pick up and drop service is available. I had called for a cab as soon as I alighted so had to wait there for hardly 10 minutes. Uber sent a BMW 3-series for the pick-up! Pleasant surprise.

The driver had parked the car near the four ATMs at Pune station but after telling him my situation of extra luggage he went the extra kilometers to take two U-turns at Pune station (many of Pune guys may know this) to reach the main gate. No arguing involved. He helped me load the luggage as well as drop it till the lift in my apartment.

Cost: 388 Rs. from Pune Station to Nanded City (Sinhagad Road). 300 through voucher and 88 through card. So basically got charged 88 Rs. for a BMW 3-series for a distance of 19 kms.

Pros: Extremely courteous, well mannered driver wearing seatbelts. Safe driving, never did he once cut off any vehicle or abruptly change lanes. Cost without vouchers is still ultra reasonable for the kind of service they provide. If I had gone for UberX instead of black I would have been charged around 240 Rs.

Cons: There are no advance bookings. If you are relying for a pick-up at certain times, you may be disappointed to find no Uber cars in your area when that time comes.

Comments: The driver clearly stated Uber Black is just a promotion and is making huge losses for Uber. For a daily running cost of 15K, they recover around 6-8K. It is shortly going to be closed down and the UberX fleet in Pune to be increased to 500 cars. If that is going to be the fleet size, I'm sure it will be easy to rely on Uber at any time.

Recommendation: When a cab service is required urgently on the spot. You want a pick-up from an area where you know other modes of transport are available in case Uber is not available then and there (this may change with increasing fleet size). Very safe and preferable for the ladies. All you do is give them your login id and password and they can use it cashless in the city. With the kind of trained and well mannered drivers they have, this seems to be the best option.
jagzrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 10:52   #160
Team-BHP Support

Uber has slashed its fares in Mumbai by 25%.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 11:38   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Uber has slashed its fares in Mumbai by 25%.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Fares in Bangalore were already slashed by 25% and now from last week they have slashed them by 45%!!

I told my colleague to try an Uber from Electronics city to Sanjaynagar and she was shocked when the bill came to Rs.298 in peak hour traffic @ 6pm on weekday. An auto demands more than that.

Uber cab drivers seem extremely happy and have a sense of pride of driving for Uber. What remains to be seen is what will happen after October 31st once the deadline for Uber from RBI lapses and they need to have 2 step payment as well as routing from india.

Another thing is the tax dispute with other cab operators claiming they pay tax but Uber has bypassed this.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2014, 12:01   #162
BHPian

Tried Uber for the first time yesterday. It was 1.30 a.m. when I requested a UberX cab, and I was still able to get a cab immediately. The cab arrived within minutes of booking. The disappointing part was the condition of the car. It was an old Indigo and was creaking badly. But thankfully the ride was smooth and safe. Didn't have to shell out a single rupee in cash, even for tolls. Gave the driver the customary tip at the end of the ride, but he refused to take it citing Uber policy.

All in all, good experience but they need to monitor the car condition better. Gave the same feedback through their app too.
Old 27th October 2014, 07:48   #163
Senior - BHPian

My first attempt for an Uber cab went down the drain. Not fault of theirs. The driver was stuck in some procession. He called and informed me about it. An alternate booking was cutting it too close to my travel time so had to ditch the second booking when I noticed no cab movement on the map.

However; I was billed Rs. 10 for cancellation of the first booking. No response from Uber after emailing support.

I don't use a new smart phone and my Motorola Atrix struggles with the app. Guess its time for an upgrade.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 27th October 2014 at 07:50.
Old 27th October 2014, 16:50   #164
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Called Uber yesterday. 150 bucks is the new minimum! This is awesome, I see no reason to call for any other cab service, especially since they've expanded their fleet. The waiting time is seldom more than 10 minutes now.

Driver courtesy & quality continues to be excellent.
Old 28th October 2014, 12:03   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
My first attempt for an Uber cab went down the drain. Not fault of theirs. The driver was stuck in some procession. He called and informed me about it. An alternate booking was cutting it too close to my travel time so had to ditch the second booking when I noticed no cab movement on the map.

However; I was billed Rs. 10 for cancellation of the first booking. No response from Uber after emailing support.
I don't know if its right to rant about this but even my very first Uber booking had to be cancelled. The Innova driver called and said he had passengers with him who were just about to book his cab and my request came in. He asked (very politely requested) me to cancel the trip which I promptly did but I was not charged a single penny.

I sincerely hope Uber doesn't turn up like rickshaw service where the drivers will make up excuses not to do certain routes / pick-ups.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks