Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 10:56   #136
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Had to drive to our EC offices on a random visit. Noticed two lanes at EC gates clearly marked "FasTag".
I noticed that the FasTag signages were only on the elevated toll up ramp gates (when coming from EC to Silk Board) but not on the down ramps when going to EC. Is that still the case ?
And yes, those toll booth attendants have no clue about FasTag
However, at the Attibele toll, there is one lane exclusively for FasTag but it had a person manning the entry to the lane using a barricade with wheels so he'd open only if you confirm you have the tag. This was during a long weekend so again I'm not sure of the situation on regular days.
To start with, even if there is 1 dedicated FasTag lane at all toll plazas it would encourage more people to start using them. Right now, for the toll operators it does not make sense to dedicate one lane due to the low numbers/usage. A catch-22 ?
Old 12th February 2016, 11:21   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I noticed that the FasTag signages were only on the elevated toll up ramp gates (when coming from EC to Silk Board) but not on the down ramps when going to EC. Is that still the case ?
As of today, you have well marked FasTag signage for 2 lanes for entering EC too. I remember this very well as yesterday morning I and my colleague were discussing how FasTag should ideally make life easier but it is not as you could see maximum folks being asked to keep left by booth attendants despite of such a well marked signage clearly differentiating the 2 lanes.
Old 12th February 2016, 17:11   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
As of today, you have well marked FasTag signage for 2 lanes for entering EC too.
I can confirm that as well. In fact, I wanted to shoot a pic, but could not do so due to the slow moving traffic.

While I was occupied in looking around for details, I was issued a one-way pass in spite of paying for the return as well! It wasn't amusing when I found this out on my way back
Old 17th February 2016, 17:46   #139
BHPian

I filled-in the online application form and gathered the necessary documents for requesting a Fastag account.

Nagesh from ICICI Bank advised me to courier the documents to the designated branch and drop the registration amount at the nearest ICICI branch.

I'm told that the RFID tag will be couriered to my address after about a week's time. Surprised me that the RFID installed by the OEM (Maruti) cannot be linked to Fastag.

Last edited by pannags : 17th February 2016 at 18:01.
Old 22nd February 2016, 16:50   #140
BHPian

Quote:
I filled-in the online application form and gathered the necessary documents for requesting a Fastag account.

Nagesh from ICICI Bank advised me to courier the documents to the designated branch and drop the registration amount at the nearest ICICI branch.

I'm told that the RFID tag will be couriered to my address after about a week's time. Surprised me that the RFID installed by the OEM (Maruti) cannot be linked to Fastag.

I travel frequently on the bangalore-hyderabad road and was wondering where to buy the toll tags. Appears its a courier method for us so far. With such an irrational way of procuring the tags, how is the Govt expecting wide spread adoption? There should be atleast 1 POS in each major town/city in the south. I was seeing the list of 180 e-tolls and noticed that many major highways (GQ) are already functional, but alas there is no way to purchase the RFID
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:36   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funda View Post
I travel frequently on the bangalore-hyderabad road and was wondering where to buy the toll tags. Appears its a courier method for us so far. With such an irrational way of procuring the tags, how is the Govt expecting wide spread adoption? There should be atleast 1 POS in each major town/city in the south. I was seeing the list of 180 e-tolls and noticed that many major highways (GQ) are already functional, but alas there is no way to purchase the RFID
Hi Funda (sounds very familiar )

I was also annoyed at having to courier the documents to ICICI, but realized soon that in a way this is easier than actually going to the branch and trying to figure out what to do.

I sent copies of all needed documents (used a reputed carrier) and dropped a cheque at the nearby branch. I also got confirmation that the package reached them and that my Tag would be activated and couriered back as soon as the cheque is realised.

The pleasant surprise came on learning that Hyderabad road will have more toll gates activated by March.
Old 22nd February 2016, 18:47   #142
BHPian

Highway commuters using smart cards to pay toll charges likely to get 10% concession

NEW DELHI: Highway commuters using smart cards to pay toll charges are likely to get concession like that of Metro rail passengers.

The road transport and highways ministry, which targets to roll out electronic tolling in a big way in April, is considering to offer 10% discount in the first year and reduce it in subsequent years.

Government has revamped the electronic tolling mechanism after earlier arrangements failed before it could be expanded in a large scale.

Now the hardware for such tolling systems are being installed and sale of smart tags for seamless transit through toll plazas will start from April onwards.

"The objective of reducing congestion at toll plazas can be achieved only when smart tags are fitted in 60-70% vehicles. To promote usage of the tags there is a proposal to provide certain discount," said a highway ministry official.

Sources said discount in the first year would be maximum at 10%, in second year it would be reduced to 7.5% and in third year it would be around 5%. Cash payment at toll plazas has been the main reason for congestion.

Under the new e-tolling system, users can upload amount in advance and the charge will be deducted when the vehicle passes the toll plaza.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ssion/51088610

Last edited by virgopal : 22nd February 2016 at 18:48. Reason: Adding URL
virgopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:00   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Funda (sounds very familiar )

I was also annoyed at having to courier the documents to ICICI, but realized soon that in a way this is easier than actually going to the branch and trying to figure out what to do.

I sent copies of all needed documents (used a reputed carrier) and dropped a cheque at the nearby branch. I also got confirmation that the package reached them and that my Tag would be activated and couriered back as soon as the cheque is realised.

The pleasant surprise came on learning that Hyderabad road will have more toll gates activated by March.

Can you please help me with the list of documents needed? And the address of office where it needs to be couriered. In whose name should the cheque be drawn. I want to get this ASAP.

ICICI bank website is already showing that Hyd-Bang route is completely activated. When I was traveling last week, I did see work going on at many of the Toll booths. March looks like a time they will be ready. They were mostly complete when I saw them last week. The readers were installed and they were watering teh cement platforms for the new equipment. (Wet Gunny Sacks)
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:33   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funda View Post
Can you please help me with the list of documents needed? And the address of office where it needs to be couriered. In whose name should the cheque be drawn. I want to get this ASAP.

ICICI bank website is already showing that Hyd-Bang route is completely activated. When I was traveling last week, I did see work going on at many of the Toll booths. March looks like a time they will be ready. They were mostly complete when I saw them last week. The readers were installed and they were watering teh cement platforms for the new equipment. (Wet Gunny Sacks)
Sure thing! Here's what you need to do ...

Step 1: Fill in the online registration form, and print the acknowledgement, containing the application number

http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUS...teAccount.aspx

Step 2: Courier the following to the below address:

1. Copy of RC book/Card
2. Copy of DL/Passport/Aadhaar/Voter ID (for ID & Address proof)
3. Copy of PAN
4. Copy of acknowledgement of online application
5. 1 PP size photograph

ICICI BANK LTD
FASTAG TEAM
MYTHREE TOWERS, BOMMANAHALLI
HOSUR ROAD, BANGALORE 68
Attn: Nagesh V/Avinash J

Step 3: Write a cheque and drop it at a nearby ICICI bank branch!

beneficiary name: "ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC"
Amount: 587/- (250 Joining fee +37 Service tax +200 refundable deposit +100 threshold amount)

For you reference, here are the contact details of the addressees. You may contact Nagesh to track the progress of your application.

Mr Nagesh V, Executive: 94800 58927
Mr. Avinash Jangra, Manager: 78997 47387
pannags is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 14:41   #145
BHPian

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Useful info for Chennai BHPians

Called up the toll free no. of ICICI Fastag who gave me the Chennai Contact - Mr Nagarajan, Contact No. is 9176832582. The guy comes and collects documents at your doorstep and personally fixes the tag on to the windshield upon allotment. Gave my documents and the tag was fixed on 6th calendar day. Had given a cheque from ICICI account for Rs. 586.25 and it takes 4 working days for processing and for other Bank accounts understand it takes upto 6 working days. Activated the account in the link and you have a credit of Rs.100/- to your account.

Last edited by couswheels : 27th February 2016 at 14:45.
Old 29th February 2016, 10:03   #146
BHPian

I did two trips on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway over the weekend. Although the fast tag website says all the toll plazas are ready, I did not notice anything like that. Ananthpur and i guess Jadcherla are ready they have the counter number mentioned clearly. Rest of the plazas there is no sign of FastTag. Ananthpur plaza guy said it was on trial sometime back and will be started soon. I asked March 1st as the date and he said even he has heard of that. Other plaza guys had no clue, one toll booth attendant even claimed it does not exist in India. Also I noticed different plazas had different types of readers. All in all I see some new construction on all the plazas but I am not sure if they were for fast tag reading.
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:18   #147
BHPian

The Fastag RFID tag was delivered home yesterday.

I excitedly carried it along since I planned to work out of the EC offices. Upon reaching the up gates, I drove straight to one of the Fastag lanes and held out my sticker for the reader to scan. However, the guy scanning the toll passes manually (for pass holders !!!) asked me to hand over the RFID for him to scan. I insisted that this is an RFID tag and that the reader should have already captured the details. He consulted another chap and let me through immediately.

Just a short while ago, I received an SMS that 45 rupees have been deducted from my account at EC gates!

The Fastag system is already in place and working. Just that they do not seem to want to "promote" that.

Last edited by pannags : 2nd March 2016 at 14:19.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:51   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Sure thing! Here's what you need to do ...

Step 1: Fill in the online registration form, and print the acknowledgement, containing the application number

http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUS...teAccount.aspx

Step 2: Courier the following to the below address:

1. Copy of RC book/Card
2. Copy of DL/Passport/Aadhaar/Voter ID (for ID & Address proof)
3. Copy of PAN
4. Copy of acknowledgement of online application
5. 1 PP size photograph

ICICI BANK LTD
FASTAG TEAM
MYTHREE TOWERS, BOMMANAHALLI
HOSUR ROAD, BANGALORE 68
Attn: Nagesh V/Avinash J

Step 3: Write a cheque and drop it at a nearby ICICI bank branch!

beneficiary name: "ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC"
Amount: 587/- (250 Joining fee +37 Service tax +200 refundable deposit +100 threshold amount)

For you reference, here are the contact details of the addressees. You may contact Nagesh to track the progress of your application.

Mr Nagesh V, Executive: 94800 58927
Mr. Avinash Jangra, Manager: 78997 47387
Thanks much! Submitted the documents and cheque day before yesterday (29th) around noon for both my cars and got a call yesterday (1st March) from Nagesh the the tags were ready. Went there today and collected it! Super fast. When I first reached out to ICICI few months back - they were not even bothered to call back. Looks like there is some kind of pressure to sell this! Will test this when I travel next! Hope it will work fine.

Soon after coming home - registered at http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUSTLOGIN/Default.aspx and can see 100.75 as a balance for each car. Their interface is smooth and will try recharging before next travel. Looks like they have the option to recharge via credit card/ debit card and NEFT. They also seem to have a option to transfer balance from one account to other.

Last edited by maheshramaling : 2nd March 2016 at 18:15.
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:12   #149
BHPian

Drove to my native near to bellur cross on Sunday.
At all the three tolls between Bangalore and bellur cross I could see vehicles in queue and probably paying/discussing with operator.
Feels that the benefits of fasttag are nullified on weekends and holidays, mainly due to ineffective ways of crowd control.
Planning a ladakh drive in a few months, so was keen on getting fasttag for my Scorpio.

Any bhpians faced similar scenario during weekends?
Old 4th March 2016, 18:32   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Thanks much! Submitted the documents and cheque day before yesterday (29th) around noon for both my cars and got a call yesterday (1st March) from Nagesh the the tags were ready. Went there today and collected it! Super fast.
You're welcome! That was really fast!

Quote:
The Fastag system is already in place and working. Just that they do not seem to want to "promote" that.
The same drama repeated on my way back. The guys at the toll gate apparently consult their supervisor every time a Fastagged car passes the e-gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Drove to my native near to bellur cross on Sunday. At all the three tolls between Bangalore and bellur cross I could see vehicles in queue and probably paying/discussing with operator.
I have trip coming up this weekend. Will be driving to a village called Sampige near Nittur.

BTW, did you by any chance notice if the Fastag system is working? I don't want a situation that the reader scans the RFID tag and I pay for the ticket as well
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks