Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 19:54   #151
BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
BTW, did you by any chance notice if the Fastag system is working? I don't want a situation that the reader scans the RFID tag and I pay for the ticket as well
I have seen it working seamlessly in attibelle toll and few tolls between hosur and chennai. Whenever a vehicle with FastTag passes through the scanner which is on top of the roof, scans and even displays the vehicle number of the passing vehicle.
maheshramaling is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 19:59   #152
Senior - BHPian

In the Ecity Toll, towards the city, the reader is very iffy. Does not read the Fastag very well. Reads BETL tag well.

(true for both my cars. So not tag specific or location specific)

At other places, the read process is slow but works fine.
Old 4th March 2016, 20:54   #153

Very interesting to learn about Fastag! I was excited to find out whether the service is available in the tolls between Bangalore and Coimbatore the route I travel frequently. The fastag website didn't provide any information about the tolls I am interested in.

After further research in google, found the toll free number 1033 to enquire regarding the questions related to fastag. Immediately tried from my landline to check the toll gates and the call was attended immediately . After waiting for couple of minutes, the call center person confirmed me all toll gates (Kaniyur, Vijaymangalmam, Vaiguntham, Omallur, Palayam (Dharmapuri), Krishnagiri, Attibele) has fastag service.

Now I am thinking about getting a tag for my car. However one interesting question came across my mind. The fastag system is automatic which means when a vehicle passes through the fastag lane the amount will be automatically debited to our account. Just want to check if we still need to interact with the toll person and ask them for our choice (Single / Multiple) or the system by default will charge one way automatically?
Old 4th March 2016, 22:45   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthishanmugam View Post
After waiting for couple of minutes, the call center person confirmed me all toll gates (Kaniyur, Vijaymangalmam, Vaiguntham, Omallur, Palayam (Dharmapuri), Krishnagiri, Attibele) has fastag service.
The operator just reconfirmed the list that is on the website. On the Salem stretch only Attibele is active, you may read previous posts.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 01:13   #155
BHPian

Did another trip on blr-hyd. ETC lanes are blocked still. Anantapur staff is well informed, rest have no clue. Anantapur guy told me fastag will take sometime.

BTW whenever you pass thru a plaza, after deduction you will get a SMS. I ordered my RFID, will last my hands on it soon.

Any idea on Devenahalli toll plaza? Heard fastag works there.

Last edited by Funda : 6th March 2016 at 01:15.
Funda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:37   #156
BHPian

Quote:

Step 3: Write a cheque and drop it at a nearby ICICI bank branch!

beneficiary name: "ICICI ETC POOL A/C 0103SLELTCPC"
Amount: 587/- (250 Joining fee +37 Service tax +200 refundable deposit +100 threshold amount)
Have a question! How do they link my application and payment made by me? Looks like this is a pool account.
Old 10th March 2016, 23:51   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Have a question! How do they link my application and payment made by me? Looks like this is a pool account.
I actually mentioned my application number and name behind the cheque. Additionally, I also sent a pic of the cheque I deposited to the sales executive.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 00:17   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

This was at Krishnagiri toll. All vehicles were allowed in the FASTag lane and manual tickets were issued to them. What does Electronic Toll Collection mean then?!
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-img20160311wa0000.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 00:25   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This was at Krishnagiri toll. All vehicles were allowed in the FASTag lane and manual tickets were issued to them. What does Electronic Toll Collection mean then?!
Its the same most every where even here in Mumbai, Hence i dropped the idea of getting a fast-tag even though i travel very frequently on the highways, Just doesn't make sense getting one when mostly the lanes are used for all vehicles and also when some of the tolls dont have their fast-tag machine/camera not working itself.

I feel it would take another 2-4 years, Maybe for it to get implemented properly and efficiently.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 21:48   #160
BHPian

Quote:
I actually mentioned my application number and name behind the cheque. Additionally, I also sent a pic of the cheque I deposited to the sales executive.
Thanks. I have done the same. Called Nagesh and he confirmed it
Old 14th March 2016, 10:26   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
AFAIK, the Fastag system does not work in Krishnagiri. Works on all other toll plazas between Madras & Bangalore.

Also, I saw that the Fastag lane was reserved (basically blocked; only opened when the guy there sees you have an RFID tag) for Fastag vehicles or vehicles with a two-way toll receipt. I can live with that.
Old 15th March 2016, 16:15   #162
BHPian

Finally after weeks I got my Fastags. Nagesh tells me hyd-blr route is waiting for some govt order. He said two readers are having issues remaining will start working in another 15 days. Though I have serious doubts, I am still hoping to use ETC soon. As of now the booth guys are clueless. Last trip was two days back.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:17   #163
BHPian

Got the Fastag within a week from Mr. Nagesh, ICICI Bommanahalli, BLR. He helped in fixing it on the windscreen. After fitting, i straightaway went to my home town near Salem. Disappointing to see none of the NH7 tolls have Fastag enabled. They have all the boards, even garlands for those Fastag boards. But it is not yet working. May be they are intentionally delaying it.

Only place where i could try is the Electronic City toll and it worked without any issue. Like most of the folks here said, Fastag system in Attibele is not working. But they let you go through that dedicated lane and You wont be charged for it
Old 16th March 2016, 20:26   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
But it is not yet working. May be they are intentionally delaying it.
From what I read on the net. Systems like FasTag are easy on the end user and also indirectly bringing in much more control over the system. These transactions all gets record and are audit-able. Even the smallest of business men generally avoid transactions done via a bank. Because it is then tough to cook up the account books. The gut feeling I have is that all these toll companies are playing with the account books and FasTag may mess up their plans.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:48   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The gut feeling I have is that all these toll companies are playing with the account books and FasTag may mess up their plans.
Exactly, that's what i felt. But for past 6 years of driving in NH7 highway to my hometown, i never faced any issue w.r.t toll billing, receipts, providing change etc. May be they are playing with big vehicles or even with the overall collection

Only biggest concern these days is the crowd during long weekends. Hell break loose on these days and one will have to drop all his discipline to be the survival of fittest.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks