Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2016, 10:43   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoInt View Post
I have applied through ICICI Bank still waiting for the tag.
When you apply through NHAI office
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The fastag account is yet another type of account that ICICI manages and it will not be linked your bank account in any way so it does not matter.
Can you apply for FASTag in any ICICI bank. Remember reading that only the bomanahalli bank can accept applications. Where is the NHAI office located?
I live in north Bangalore and hence prefer to apply for the same this side of town
Old 19th July 2016, 10:59   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you apply for FASTag in any ICICI bank. Remember reading that only the bomanahalli bank can accept applications. Where is the NHAI office located?
I live in north Bangalore and hence prefer to apply for the same this side of town
You will not be able to apply for FASTag in any ICICI Bank in Bangalore. You can call Nagesh (+91-9986580842), he will come and collect the required documents and process the FASTag.

You can also apply at the POS locations at Devanahalli / Nelamangala Toll Plaza.

NHAI is located at the below address:
National Highways Authority of India, Regional Office, Sy.No.13, 14th km, Near Deepak Bus Stop, nagasandra, M.s.Ramaiah Enclave, Bangalore - Tumkur Road (NH-4) - 560073
AutoInt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 18:17   #423
BHPian

Strange experience at ATTIBELE...

Last Friday i received FASTag and yet to fix it in windshield as i've some balance left in BETL tag which is currently occupying windshield. So i kept the FASTag inside my laptop bag and the bag was kept in the front passenger seat. Today while returning from Bangalore as usual boom barrier opened in Attibele and after reaching home, i received SMS from ICICI saying Rs.25 deducted from my ETC account :(
Old 19th July 2016, 18:44   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post

Last Friday i received FASTag and yet to fix it in windshield as i've some balance left in BETL tag which is currently occupying windshield. So i kept the FASTag inside my laptop bag and the bag was kept in the front passenger seat. Today while returning from Bangalore as usual boom barrier opened in Attibele and after reaching home, i received SMS from ICICI saying Rs.25 deducted from my ETC account :(
Is the amount deducted from your BETL account as well?

-- Wind
Old 19th July 2016, 18:53   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Is the amount deducted from your BETL account as well?

-- Wind
Not in the evening, but in morning 25 was deducted from BETL tag.
Old 19th July 2016, 18:58   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The FASTag uses RFID technology, which does not need a line-of-sight for the reader to read the tag. The same tech that most of the companies use for physical access control to their premises. The tag is a passive device, as in, it does not have a power source of its own - no button cell, no connection to the car's battery etc. The tag reader energises the tag using a suitably powerful field and uses the distortions in the field caused by the activity of the circuitry inside the tag, to read (and write) data.

The only way to avoid the tag reader from reading the tag is to keep it enclosed in metallised enclosures. Glass does not count as one, nor does a leather or rexin laptop bag. These readers are quite powerful that they are mounted several feet above the vehicle yet energise the tags and read them.

If you already have a BETL tag, and that was also charged, you can take the transaction history and write to the ICICI FASTag customer support. If you had paid cash at the toll gate, you can attach a copy of the toll receipt and write to the support team.

Last edited by silversteed : 19th July 2016 at 19:00.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 19:26   #427
BHPian

^Thanks. What i thought, even BETL tag is RFID based one and expected to take preference as it was fixed in windshield. Also i was carrying this tag from Friday evening and travel in BETL flyover as well, this is first experience.

I guess people who decided not to use FASTag due to issue in 24-hour pass discount should avoid going adjacent lanes to FASTag lanes .
Old 19th July 2016, 21:46   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Not in the evening, but in morning 25 was deducted from BETL tag.

Good to know that amount doesn't get deducted from both the tags at the same time.

-- Wind
Old 20th July 2016, 09:45   #429
BHPian

Quote:
It is only available in the Bommanahalli branch apart from the Airport toll booth and 1 other toll booth around Bangalore.

Send an SMS to 5676766 in the following format: ITOLL <pincode> <name>

Someone will call you and they will come and collect documents. You will need Photo ID, a cheque for Rs. 510 and vehicle RC copy along with 1/2 photos I think. I did the same on Jun 30th, and the guy came and collected documents on Jul 11th and the same guy came and delivered and installed the Fastag ID on the car on Jul 18th.

Out of the Rs. 510, 200 are charges, 200 is security deposit(refundable/reserve amount), 110 will be credited to your fasttag account that you can create online immediately.
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 09:59   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can also apply at the POS locations at Devanahalli / Nelamangala Toll Plaza.
Wish Devanahalli POS machine was working! My news ( 10 days old) is that even though the POS machine itself is installed at the NDTPL toll plaza, seems ICICI is unable appoint a operator for the last 3 weeks.

As a result, they are not handling any FasTAG applications at Devanahalli.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 10:21   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Send an SMS to 5676766 in the following format: ITOLL <pincode> <name>
Did this yesterday. Hoping that someone will call as I have all the docs & photos ready
Old 20th July 2016, 10:36   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did this yesterday. Hoping that someone will call as I have all the docs & photos ready
Don't hold your breath - I did the same too and no one called me back.

My advice is to scroll a few pages earlier and see my post on couriering the same to the FasTAG team at ICICI Bomanahalli complete with all documents, cheque and photo.

They will start to process immediately on receipt. I am expecting my tag by the weekend.

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th July 2016 at 10:47.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 14:03   #433
BHPian

Quote:
You will not be able to apply for FASTag in any ICICI Bank in Bangalore. You can call Nagesh (+91-9986580842), he will come and collect the required documents and process the FASTag.

I had SMSed to Nagesh yesterday evening and today he sent a representative to collect the form and the documents. He was very prompt in his response.

I have been told that the tag would be delivered within seven working days.

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 14:39   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Don't hold your breath - I did the same too and no one called me back.

My advice is to scroll a few pages earlier and see my post on couriering the same to the FasTAG team at ICICI Bomanahalli complete with all documents, cheque and photo.

They will start to process immediately on receipt. I am expecting my tag by the weekend.
This can be done. When I didn't receive the call for 7 days, I was worried too. I asked the lady who finally called on Day 8 if I can submit documents at Bommanahalli and the processing would be faster, she said it is going to 7 days no matter if we submit or if they come and collect.

If you don't want to wait, the best thing would be to go the branch and submit documents and collect it after 7 days.
Old 20th July 2016, 17:12   #435
BHPian

I received my FASTag today. Nagesh (Representative from ICICI Bank, Bangalore) handed over the tag at my office. It took 7 working days from the time I submitted the documents and payment to him.

My windshield has CR70 sun film. Can I paste it over the film? Will the scanner be able to read it? Appreciate your clarification here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks