Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 15:48   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Salman Khan gets 5 years in jail for 2002 drunk driving & hit-and-run case. EDIT: Now acquitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Though I honestly respect the law, judiciary has breached a threshold today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I had a little hope in our jurisdiction, but today, I just realized that we are only pretending that law is equal to all.
I wouldn't blame the Judiciary or say that its not working. It's just that one set of lawyers did their jobs very well and the others didn't. The judgement does not say Salman's not guilty - it says that guilt was not proved beyond reasonable doubt.

Moral of the Story: Hire a good lawyer if you are caught.

The one silver lining from Salman's acquittal is that the affected families will now get compensation from Salman (which is what they apparently want).
Old 10th December 2015, 15:52   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Salman Khan gets 5 years in jail for 2002 drunk driving & hit-and-run case. EDIT: Now acquitted

Well that's done and dusted. Now all we need is an autobiographical movie extracted from the same 13 long year struggle for vindication and watch it cross the 1k crore mark shattering every known record possible. Actor being who, man?

Last edited by dark.knight : 10th December 2015 at 15:55.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 15:53   #183
BHPian

All men are created equal, but some are more equal than others - George Orwell
PatchyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 15:54   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Well, he's acquitted.

Half my faith in the Indian Judiciary was wiped when he got bail in record time, rest half wiped off when I saw Uphaar victims mother cry after the meaningless result of a long legal battle.

Though I honestly respect the law, judiciary has breached a threshold today.

Yeh mera (tolerant) India, I luv my India. :'(

Edit : BTW, happy Human Rights Day!
Yeah, I was expecting this to happen and it has. I think we've all become numb to these things - we don't expect a miracle to happen any more. When I mean "we", it is the small minority of people who have some hope that something good will happen and that there is a course of right will always win. It doesn't.

And today is Human Rights Day? Yes, I googled to check. Maybe they should have at least pushed the verdict to tomorrow.
naveenroy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:10   #185
BHPian

Money speaks in our country.
Sad day for poor people and that too as someone has rightly pointed out on Human Rights Day.
Mods : Kindly add in the subject jeading : Acquitted by High Court
Old 10th December 2015, 16:14   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Ha!
Its Being Human rights day, apparently.

But why was anyone expecting any differently.
It was more or less a foregone conclusion. I dont know if its the judiciaries fault, or just that the other guys were browbeaten by lawyers who make more in a day than we do in a month. The road to being a cynic beckons again.
Old 10th December 2015, 16:22   #187
Team-BHP Support

To be fair to the judiciary, the law (and by extension justice) is dependent on technicalities and details (who can forget the immemorial dialog played out in almost every Bollywood film with a courtroom scene: "Kanoon jazbaat nahi saboot maangta hai" (Law demands proof, not emotion), or some variation of it.

The irony is, THIRTEEN years is enough time to muddy the waters enough that even the people involved themselves can't tell the facts from made-up memories anymore. Can any of us remember remember minute details of an incident a decade old from the middle of the night when we were half-asleep?

I don't blame the judiciary for deciding what they did, I blame them for giving the parties involved enough time to create a situation where the facts are no longer clear to anyone, living or dead. THIRTEEN YEARS is enough to ensure NOTHING IS PROVABLE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th December 2015 at 16:24.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:56   #188
Senior - BHPian

I think justice is half served.
If our judiciary wants to create an example of complete justice, they must award some hefty compensation to Salman for all his time wasted in the court hearings.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 18:58   #189
BHPian

There is one person dead and few injured in the accident. No human was driving the car. No one was drinking.

The car was on auto pilot. Period.

God save the country.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 21:00   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post

There is one person dead and few injured in the accident. No human was driving the car. No one was drinking.

The car was on auto pilot. Period.

God save the country.
Actually maverickxx2006, I have a funny feeling there will be a twist here as well !!

Now, SRK and SK are going to make another 'Big Banner' movie and dumb fans will make this a bigger hit than Bajrangi Bhaijaan

And we are going to have another 500+ Crore Box office hit by Salman

The way I see it, if Sanjay Dutt was proved guilty for just his involvement in activities that took innocent lives, there is no real reason why a man who is equally guilty just walks away scot free.

Whoever said "Money Cannot Buy Everything"!!
Old 10th December 2015, 22:02   #191
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
"Kanoon jazbaat nahi saboot maangta hai" (Law demands proof, not emotion), or some variation of it.
From Jolly LLB!
Salman Khan's criminal cases. EDIT: Gets bail in blackbuck case-shot201512101874cnamkb.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
The way I see it, if Sanjay Dutt was proved guilty for just his involvement in activities that took innocent lives, there is no real reason why a man who is equally guilty just walks away scot free.
Sanjay Dutt had to contend with Ujjwal Nikam, a very noted lawyer with a brilliant track record. The prosecution in Salman's case if they wanted could have briefed him or a more competent lawyer, not trying to say that the prosecution lawyers who eventually argued were not competent!

Last edited by PPS : 10th December 2015 at 22:05.
Old 11th December 2015, 00:14   #192
Mik
BHPian

In other news, Toyota better recall the 2002 LandCruisers. Apparently they have a thing for driving themselves over unsuspecting pedestrians.

Judiciary will only act on what is presented to it. Many people in the recent past have been acquitted/given a clean chit etc. based on what is presented to the judiciary, not what might have actually happened. Also there is this tiny little thing called power and the leverage it has. Through money or through position.

Many politicians accused of heinous crimes are quietly getting away by currying favours and transferring others who present a problem. As seen in the Vyapam scam, its safer to be the accused than to be the witness.

But I digress. Jai Ho!
Mik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 00:31   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
And now he got two days interim bail. So much for justice!
Now this is a cause for our media and our people to get intolerant about. It is super good for a country to have zero tolerance for injustice, and corruption.
prasadee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 10:10   #194
BHPian

re: Salman Khan 2002 drunk driving & hit-and-run case. EDIT: Now acquitted

ok, so he was not in the car and he was not drunk . Then who did it ? Someone should get punished for this act right ? The car belongs to Salman right ? Even if someone else was driving it , what will be the owners responsibility?
Old 11th December 2015, 10:29   #195
Team-BHP Support

re: Salman Khan 2002 drunk driving & hit-and-run case. EDIT: Now acquitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
The one silver lining from Salman's acquittal is that the affected families will now get compensation from Salman (which is what they apparently want).
Salman is supposedly innocent, yet he will be paying compensation for a crime he didn't commit? What an irony...
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks