Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 17:57   #211
Team-BHP Support

re: Salman Khan 2002 drunk driving & hit-and-run case. EDIT: Now acquitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Just in.. the police have just found the Black buck's suicide note.
And Aishwarya Rai finally admitted she was dating Salman's evil twin.

Too many revelations happening today... It is time for closure I guess.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 18:29   #212
BHPian

re: Salman Khan 2002 drunk driving & hit-and-run case. EDIT: Now acquitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The prosecution (Maharashtra Govt) is studying the verdict and plans to appeal in SC.

Why waste the tax payers money? It was an open and shut case, so what is going to change in terms of the evidence or processes? First they will make a remark which would be all over the media, and then say that the prosecution was not successful in establishing beyond doubt and acquit him
Old 11th December 2015, 19:05   #213
BHPian

re: Salman Khan's criminal cases. EDIT: Gets bail in blackbuck case

Won't be surprised if a similar verdict is delivered on the Kerala Businessman/security guard case.

If Salman did not commit the murder, then we are all sorry for the trouble you went through.

But if Salman did kill, may destiny catch up with you. For obvious reasons, the case had too many loose ends from the beginning. Could have been water tight if the victims were also powerful/influential.
Old 11th December 2015, 21:35   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Who is giving them compensation? Didn't see any news on that.
Salman had to deposit 20 lakhs with the court which was stuck till the final verdict was out. So the victims get it now, unless there is an appeal. Also Salim Khan had said that he would like to compensate the victims but the courts had barred them from any contact with the families until the final verdict. I gleamed all this from the news.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 23:34   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
With all this happening in our country how can people ever say we're intolerant ?
As is the paradox in our country, keeping quiet to everything under the sun is considered tolerance. If like the fable of the emperor's clothes, one being amongst the 1.2 billion raises his/her hand to point out & question the obvious, then and only then would it be deemed intolerance.

The beauty of this is that they always use the term generically, putting it in a very certain yet obscure context. Intolerance against even wrong, would hence be called intolerance nonetheless. Also the law is beneficial only to those who fully understand its dichotomic nature which in most cases will never lead to the actual sequence of events. Truth has absolutely zero bearing in law, it matters who barks the most in front of the judge.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 01:43   #216
BHPian

No Justice in this country.Someone rightly tweeted on Twitter-"Salman Khan is not guilty ,Poverty is."
Divyendu Sharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 05:33   #217
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter note, quite ironic, isn't it.
Old 13th December 2015, 09:02   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Salman had to deposit 20 lakhs with the court which was stuck till the final verdict was out. So the victims get it now, unless there is an appeal.
Are you sure of this? When he has been acquitted of all criminal charges why would there be a legal compulsion on him to provide compensation? That sounds incorrect.
Quote:
Also Salim Khan had said that he would like to compensate the victims but the courts had barred them from any contact with the families until the final verdict. I gleamed all this from the news.
That's a safeguard to try and ensure the family isn't bought off. Very noble I'm sure but am wondering if justice would have been better served if that were an option available!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 09:07   #219
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I sincerely hope this man receives divine justice. I cannot abide that he goes scot free after very clearly being guilty in two serious issues.

This is why I truly hate paying taxes in this country - because there is no justice for the regular non influential joe on the road.
shankar.balan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 22:03   #220
PPS
Senior - BHPian

For those of you interested, here's the link to the 305 page Bombay High Court Judgment acquitting the Actor.

http://bombayhighcourt.nic.in/genera...IxNTIxNTYzNA==
Old 16th December 2015, 22:46   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post

Salman had to deposit 20 lakhs with the court which was stuck till the final verdict was out. So the victims get it now, unless there is an appeal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Are you sure of this? When he has been acquitted of all criminal charges why would there be a legal compulsion on him to provide compensation?
All due respect guys to your updates, but seriously ??

20 lakhs after 12 yrs of harrowing experience to the family who lost a loved one and probably a father/son/brother

How about a quick trivia guys:

1. Salman Khan's (ONLY) Movie in 2002 - Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam

Net Gross - 15 crores

Link

2. Salman Khan's Movies in 2015 - Bhajrangi Bhaijaan & PRDP

Collective Net Gross - 1000 crores +

Link

So 20 lakhs over 12 years is like some of the home loans that we Mango people can afford. Hell, its probably something that even Salman's watchman can afford.

P.S - I recently heard from a friend who works in a law firm that the bail amount for murder/rape is about 15-20k INR. So basically, anybody who can pull up this amount, can quite literally throw it at Indian law and walk away ???
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 10:33   #222
Senior - BHPian

I have said before on many forums, that Indian court system has since past decade constantly fail to give justice to the appalent especially if he is facing up to a status quo powerful and richer defendant. Or if the defendant is status quo more wealthy or powerful he will win against the appalent. The result of the case rarely goes against the status quo powerful and wealthier. The only recent exceptions in memory were the Nitish Katara case which happened 2 decades ago. Now it's all beyond repair.

Check out cases in last 2 decades and see how many cases have been won by the weaker party.
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:05   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Are you sure of this? When he has been acquitted of all criminal charges why would there be a legal compulsion on him to provide compensation? That sounds incorrect.

That's a safeguard to try and ensure the family isn't bought off. Very noble I'm sure but am wondering if justice would have been better served if that were an option available!
The car still belonged to him, maybe thats the reason I guess.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:10   #224
Senior - BHPian

Just in; Jahnvi Gadkar who was involved in the drunk hit and kill gets her driving licence back. This is in ndtv website and they are calling it the Salman effect..
apachelongbow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 13:24   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Just in; Jahnvi Gadkar who was involved in the drunk hit and kill gets her driving licence back. This is in ndtv website and they are calling it the Salman effect..
Since there seems to be no dedicated thread for the Jahnavi Gadkar incident and the issue is virtually the same, am posting here.

The more I see things developing, the more convinced I am that two separate legal systems exist in this country: one is for the ordinary person and the other for the super-rich and super-connected.

The latter system is populated by defence lawyers with demi-God status using shock, awe and every other tool at their disposal to manipulate the system into delivering "justice" for their clients. In our system we have no rights, whereas these cherished few have beautiful concepts like "reasonable doubt" and "special treatment because she is a woman" handed to them on a platter by the judges themselves.

Reasonable doubt??? In both cases the accused were seen drinking at a bar before the incidents occurred. The cars belonged to them, they were witnessed to have been driving and people who were run over died.

I get caught by a cop for running a traffic light- he writes me up a challan regardless of how close a call it was. Reasonable doubt? More like "my way or the highway".

Coming to special treatment as a lady--- or did you miss this gem in the press?--
Quote:
Sessions court judge Sanjay Patil, while granting bail, observed that the investigation of the RCF police in the case is over. Patil also observed that Gadkar is a woman and, hence, the case needs to be dealt with differently.
This is why we revere our judiciary so much, scared to even utter one word against them? So what if she is a woman? She got drunk, drove a car at high speed ON THE WRONG SIDE OF A FREEWAY and killed people. In the US she'd have pled guilty to manslaughter and be doing time right now.

I want to get into the learned judge's head and know why he thinks the fact that the accused is a woman is a mitigating factor. Seriously.

As for getting her license back, that may be a misreporting of facts (I hope it is). The same newspaper DNA reported in September that Gadkar's license had been revoked permanently by the RTO, and that "she will not be able to drive any vehicle for the rest of her life".

To be very honest, THIS is the sort of case the PMO needs to push. Talk about sending a strong message! But instead we get media outrage and impotent fury while the rich and famous laugh their way out of trouble. Every single time.
noopster is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks