Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2018, 19:01   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Salman Khan's criminal cases. EDIT: Gets bail in blackbuck case

And the sad fact is that BAIL is a right - till appeal is finished - unless court feels that releasing the person could cause harm.

So many undertrials languish in custody while their cases drag on without bail. Many undertrials, it's reported, have spent more time behind the bars than the maximum sentence for their "crime".

Then we have majority of people under sentencing who are in appeal but are denied bail.

Sad that influence and money to pay for endless lawyers makes law tilt in favour.
Old 8th April 2018, 15:52   #242
Senior - BHPian

Referring to the First Post article, he would have been a lot better than supplicating to others etc etc had he confessed to the crime.

The sentence would probably had been lighter, and like Sanjay Dutt he would had been paroled to essay roles in movies.

But I smell something....All the others were acquitted. Khan was the driver, as reported. How can a driver shoot black bucks , two of them???? Even if he was Salman?

Rajasthan going to polls later this year. Is there a link???....
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 17:22   #243
Senior - BHPian

I just cant understand the people from film industry coming out in support of him. Since the case is still going on in appeals process, how does anyone know what really happened. Being supportive is one thing but the kind of things they write on social media is really sad. There is also talk that he is covering for someone and is assuming responsibility That means someone in that group did kill the black bucks ?
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 08:57   #244
Team-BHP Support

Re: Salman Khan's criminal cases. EDIT: Gets bail in blackbuck case

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
....how does anyone know what really happened.....
One would think 20 years already took care of that aspect. Who remembers exact details of something that happened 20 years ago?

'Sir, are you absolutely sure your testimony is 100% accurate'?

'Your Honor, I'm pretty sure, but it was 20 years ago so you have to account for that'.

'So you may be remembering some details wrong'?

'Possibly'.

'Unreliable witness. Dismissed. Next'.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 09:55   #245
Senior - BHPian

Why don't they set some kind of exemplary punishment? For example, they could ask him to initiate and develop a program to revive/ sustain one of the many endangered species we have left. (Edit: with reasonable targets of course; say increase the count of tigers by x numbers or reduce poaching by certain initiatives) Knowing his deep pockets and ability to generate waves of support among his fraternity, this could actually help some animals.

This would be similar to one of those community services handed out in other countries. He could also be asked upon to work in related charities and maybe advertisements. Though, hopefully not the way Jaggu dada made the polio ad famous

Last edited by selfdrive : 9th April 2018 at 09:59.
selfdrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 11:34   #246
BANNED

Parody studios made a game called Selmon Bhoi and are now being sued.
Link 1, Link 2

The game has been removed from the Play store. You can watch the game-play on youtube. It is hilarious.

Mods please feel free to delete post or youtube link.
Electromotive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:00   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromotive View Post
Parody studios made a game called Selmon Bhoi and are now being sued.
That's life- hunt an endangered species, threaten your colleagues, consort with underworld figures, get drunk and kill people, appear in court in a banian and walk free and live in the limelight with the adoration of millions. But just parody the situation and face legal action!

Quote:
Mods please feel free to delete post or Youtube link.
Hope not, as it is am pretty sure youtube will start taking down the video. Some corner of the media-space has to have room to show what is obvious. That's the only comeuppance someone as powerful as the star in question will ever face anyway. Sad state of affairs.

Hilarious game anyhow, hope the next time they take the advice of a lawyer and modify the in-game references sufficiently so that they can stay out of legal trouble but still make the gameplay obvious enough to reference the facts. Hope the 'Streisand effect' comes into play here and the legal action actually makes the game even more popular and widely-shared! I certainly hadn't heard of it till I saw the news article so great going by bhai's lawyers and PR team, they seem about as smart as he is!

Last edited by am1m : 9th September 2021 at 12:06.
am1m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:06   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Why don't they set some kind of exemplary punishment? For example, they could ask him to initiate and develop a program to revive/ sustain one of the many endangered species we have left. (Edit: with reasonable targets of course; say increase the count of tigers by x numbers or reduce poaching by certain initiatives)
Sorry for quoting an old post, how do you expect Salman to do this? I'm ok with initiatives to reduce poaching.

@Mods, please feel free to delete this post.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:14   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
That's life- ... and walk free and live in the limelight with the adoration of millions. But just parody the situation and face legal action!

Hope the 'Streisand effect' comes into play here and the legal action actually makes the game even more popular and widely-shared! I certainly hadn't heard of it till I saw the news article so great going by bhai's lawyers and PR team, they seem about as smart as he is!
Amen, brother! I find it disgusting that scum like these get to walk scot free after all they have done. Absolutely no shame; that "being human" brand is such a slap on the cheek.

Instead of rule of law we have rule of law makers in this cow republic. The middle class is squeezed dry with taxes and gets... what exactly in return?
Taxation without representation under veil of democracy.
Electromotive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:21   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Parody studios made a game called Selmon Bhoi and are now being sued.[/url]

Mods please feel free to delete post or Youtube link.
I am sure the post will get taken down within 24 hours. I had seen this post on reddit and members who could not see the video on youtube can see it on reddit. The game is funny especially the description of some of the cars and the flashback of the events at the starting of the game

Quote:
That's life- hunt an endangered species, threaten your colleagues, consort with underworld figures, get drunk and kill people, appear in court in a banian and walk free and live in the limelight with the adoration of millions. But just parody the situation and face legal action!
Yes this was my same thought. Hypocrisy at its best
M A D over CARS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:24   #251
BHPian

The company should have taken proper legal advice before going around with this mis adventure.

This would have anyways gained traction with the obvious name and game play. Can we blame the lawyers and PR for a touchy client, they are happy billing him.

Quote:
Hilarious game anyhow, hope the next time they take the advice of a lawyer and modify the in-game references sufficiently so that they can stay out of legal trouble but still make the gameplay obvious enough to reference the facts. Hope the 'Streisand effect' comes into play here and the legal action actually makes the game even more popular and widely-shared! I certainly hadn't heard of it till I saw the news article so great going by bhai's lawyers and PR team, they seem about as smart as he is!
setuniket is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed