Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2017, 12:36   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Went through BETL twice yesterday. No charge so far
Old 27th February 2017, 13:11   #632
BHPian

Axis Bank is your answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Okay, so after multiple unsuccessful attempts, I have given up any hope of a 'representative' coming over to collect documents and deliver the tag to me. So, my query to this group is - which is the most convenient way to get a FasTag for my car in Bengaluru?

Thanks in advance...
I believe it's Axis Bank, home delivered ! That is if you don't want to burn fuel, time and pay toll to visit Devanahalli, Airport Road Toll Plaza, besides being a hit/miss (depending on whether they have stickers in stock).

Read this from my recent posts on this thread:

Getting the sticker & activating it

and

Monitoring and recharging your account

Hope you get it soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Is there any reason why they can't have several scanners, perhaps one per lane to cater to those lost souls who end up in the non-Fastag lanes?
I suppose it is also the cost factor of acquiring multiple devices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Unbelievable! looks like someone designed their software using 80s technology. I was thinking ICICI portal is rudimentary, but cannot beat Axis

Again its all transport ministry not setting standard or rules for either Toll operators or FastTag providers.
Well the portal has the right UI elements in the form of animation, tools etc. but lacks a good implementation.

It is like they have almost unleashed an untested beta application on the public. Just look at the text in the red border below. It is like someone forgot to update the trial text with meaningful information!

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-snap0000599.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Happening with me often with the Axis Bank Tags. A lot of "discount" offered (on the Bangalore - Hassan Route) because of missed toll collections!

Last edited by Glifford : 27th February 2017 at 13:32. Reason: Multiquoted
Old 27th February 2017, 17:43   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Got my Fastag for my Safari from Airport Toll at Devanahalli last week.

They have a POS selling ICICI Fastag.

Simple walk in process.. DL, RC , and a photo plus Rs 500 cash.

Contact person : Srinath
Mobile: 90356 13830
Thank you for this info. I called Srinath and he said that the Tags are available and you can avail the same from the POS from 9:30AM to 5:30PM.

So I guess I have to pay toll at devanahalli just to get the FastTag. Or is there any other way !!
Old 27th February 2017, 18:03   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
So I guess I have to pay toll at devanahalli just to get the FastTag. Or is there any other way !!
You don't need to pay toll.

1. Pass the Toll booth towards Airport first (which you anyway don't pay)

2. Stay right next to the median after passing this toll and there is a cut in the median where you perform a U Turn

3. Now pass back the toll booth without paying again - This is because you are on a road that is for Hyderabad Return traffic where they would have paid toll at another booth before this

4. Soon after passing toll, carefully start moving to extreme left by keeping an eye on the Airport return vehicles emerging out of toll gates

5. This small little office is situated on the left hand side on service lane soon after the toll

Now with those 120 bucks saved, you can test tour fast tag after getting one by heading towards Hyderabad
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 19:41   #635
BHPian

After going through this thread, it looks like walking in to a POS toll is the best way to get a Fastag. Is there anyone else here from Belgaum/Kolhapur/Hubli region who has got Fastags from these two nearest POS locations listed on NH4 for us - Kognoli toll and Hirebagewadi toll ?? Please share your experiences if anyone has had luck at these two toll plazas. I am looking forward to get one for our Polo which has recently been registered with Belgaum RTO (KA 22).
Old 28th February 2017, 07:45   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Is there anyone else here from Belgaum/Kolhapur/Hubli region who has got Fastags from these two nearest POS locations listed on NH4 for us - Kognoli toll and Hirebagewadi toll ??
Be less hopeful to get tags from the POS locations mentioned in the ICICI FASTag website.

I had once attempted to check for the same at 2 of their locations in Karnataka (Shantigrama & Nelamangala) and was a futile one. In fact, I walked up to their office and the folks sitting there were just clueless and even said they had never ever issued FASTag from that booth!

Best is visit yourself one of the days and check it yourself unless someone has positive news for you. Secondly, you can also check calling the toll booth office number itself - Usually mentioned on NHAI websites:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-toll_plaza_info.jpg

Call at your own risk. Once I called the number listed on their site to talk to someone at Shantigrama Toll Plaza and it was embarrassing to say sorry once I realised It was a wrongly mentioned number .

OT : For Hirebagewadi Toll Plaza it mentions Ranebennur as the nearest Police station which is again untrue. So good luck calling them

Source:

Hirebagewadi Toll Plaza

Kognoli Toll Plaza

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th February 2017 at 07:48.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 09:03   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Updates can be delayed. I have now stopped looking for the sms messages.
Old 28th February 2017, 10:21   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
Both toll plazas on Mumbai - Pune Expressway, all lanes are equipped with Fastag scanners. I take this route 2-3 times a week and have personally verified in almost all lanes at both Khalapur and Talegaon. This was also informed to me when I got the Fastag at Talegaon POS.
Can you share the exact location of Talegaon POS? Is this on NH4 or Expressway.
I travel on expressway very frequently. I would be more than happy to spend extra 15-20 mins and get a FastTag at the earliest.
What documents did you carry? Originals needed of just self attested copies?
Old 28th February 2017, 10:31   #639
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Updates can be delayed. I have now stopped looking for the sms messages.
My experience so far has been that I have inevitably received the SMS for every single toll charged to my FasTag account
But, the SMS may have been sent even 2 months after the journey ;Since the journey date and time are also mentioned it will be easy to reconcile.

The online portal also lists the transactions so you can cross-check if need be.

Last edited by NPV : 28th February 2017 at 10:33.
Old 28th February 2017, 10:32   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Can you share the exact location of Talegaon POS? Is this on NH4 or Expressway.
I travel on expressway very frequently. I would be more than happy to spend extra 15-20 mins and get a FastTag at the earliest.
What documents did you carry? Originals needed of just self attested copies?
It is on the Expressway. While going from Pune to Mumbai, keep on the lane towards the left at Talegaon toll plaza. Just after crossing the toll on your left side you will find a container-converted-cabin in which the Fastag agent sits. You can also ask the toll operator who will happily guide you.

Timing: 10AM onwards. Not sure what time he closes.

Documents (Original to verify):
  • RC card / paper
  • ID proof (PAN Card)
  • Address proof (Adhaar or Passport or Driving License)
  • 1 Passport photo
  • Cash - Deposit/Card issuance fee of Rs. 200 plus recharge amount
He has a machine to take photocopies. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ragh_bhushan : 28th February 2017 at 10:33. Reason: Adding more details
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 10:38   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
It is on the Expressway. While going from Pune to Mumbai, keep on the lane towards the left at Talegaon toll plaza. Just after crossing the toll on your left side you will find a container-converted-cabin in which the Fastag agent sits.
Ah! OK. I have seen that container
I used to think its an IRB admin office or a rest area for IRB staff.
I have applied for a Tag via AXIS today morning. If I don't get a call back, I will get the Fast tag by visiting the POS the next time I drive on Expressway.
Once again thanks a ton!
Old 28th February 2017, 13:27   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for this info. I called Srinath and he said that the Tags are available and you can avail the same from the POS from 9:30AM to 5:30PM.

Unless you live close by or headed out to the direction of Hyderabad / Nandi Hills or in a tearing hurry (need the tag in less than 24 hours) why waste your time, fuel and effort in going to the Airport Toll Booth?

Why don't you just call for an Axis Bank FASTag and get it home delivered in less than 24 hours (sometimes the same day)?

Details:

Getting the sticker & activating it

and

Monitoring and recharging your account
Glifford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 17:33   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Unless you live close by or headed out to the direction of Hyderabad / Nandi Hills or in a tearing hurry (need the tag in less than 24 hours) why waste your time, fuel and effort in going to the Airport Toll Booth?

Why don't you just call for an Axis Bank FASTag and get it home delivered in less than 24 hours (sometimes the same day)?
The reason I wanted to go to devanahalli was due to the empty roads all around because of the strike.How often will you get lucky to have this kind of scenario. KR Puram junction would any day tick me off.

As you insisted, I called up Umesh and he said that he would deliver the tag within 2 days at my office. So I am now waiting for the next two days. If he doesn't turn up then I would definitely need to drive to devanahalli.

What if I procure Tag from the Toll and after some days this guy turns up with the Tag. Is that a possibility!! to have 2 tags for the same Car? I guess the system should not allow for repeat registration but we know how government systems work.
Old 28th February 2017, 18:18   #644
BHPian

Quote:
The reason I wanted to go to devanahalli was due to the empty roads all around because of the strike.How often will you get lucky to have this kind of scenario. KR Puram junction would any day tick me off.
Ha ha ha! I understand.

Also I have stopped using the car to commute (just too slow and wasteful of resources). So driving it to Devanahalli just to get a sticker was unthinkable for me, no matter how desperately I wanted a FASTag! That's when Sudheer picked up his phone.

Quote:
As you insisted, I called up Umesh and he said that he would deliver the tag within 2 days at my office. So I am now waiting for the next two days. If he doesn't turn up then I would definitely need to drive to devanahalli.
Try calling Sudheer (I know he's hard to get on the phone, but once you do get him he is very courteous and proactive). I guess you should get it quicker than two days (based on my experience)

Quote:
What if I procure Tag from the Toll and after some days this guy turns up with the Tag. Is that a possibility!! to have 2 tags for the same Car? I guess the system should not allow for repeat registration but we know how government systems work.
Well I am sure there would be a way to undo some things in the system. So unless you have paid Umesh, he cannot activate it (and may...may have the option to revert it). So you have the ball in your court!

Last edited by Glifford : 28th February 2017 at 18:19. Reason: Corrected a spelling mistake!
Glifford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 12:58   #645
BHPian

Got the cash back for the month January. Today morning got the SMS and account statement shows as 28-Feb. Looks like, system is stable now.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-cashback.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks