Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 18:48   #691
BHPian

Re: Axis Bank is your answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragh_bhushan View Post
I suggest get it replaced for free. Mine did not work for 3 weeks. I raised a complaint and got it replaced and it has been working like a charm ever since. I bought it from ICICI POS at Mumbai - Pune Expressway.
That has been what i have been asking the enlightened people at the Call center of Axis Bank who have been consistently giving me the "We are working on resolving it" line. Now have given them an ultimatum to refund it or replace it. Hopefully it gets through their thick skulls. Given a chance i would prefer to get a refund and buy the ICICI bank Fast tag as it seems more recognised.
SanScorpio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2017, 18:58   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
That has been what i have been asking the enlightened people at the Call center of Axis Bank who have been consistently giving me the "We are working on resolving it" line. Now have given them an ultimatum to refund it or replace it. Hopefully it gets through their thick skulls. Given a chance i would prefer to get a refund and buy the ICICI bank Fast tag as it seems more recognised.
What do you mean when you say it does not work? Is it not recognized by the scanners at toll plazas? If so, does the status say ACTIVE on the online portal?
Old 17th March 2017, 19:01   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
What do you mean when you say it does not work? Is it not recognized by the scanners at toll plazas? If so, does the status say ACTIVE on the online portal?
Toll plaza says invalid tag, the website shows active with funds of 1770/-
And the Customer care guys are the worst ever, one guy even saying that i should ask the toll plaza guy to change the sim to Axis bank
Old 17th March 2017, 19:34   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Toll plaza says invalid tag, the website shows active with funds of 1770/-
And the Customer care guys are the worst ever, one guy even saying that i should ask the toll plaza guy to change the sim to Axis bank
This sounds concerning. I just got my Axis bank FASTag earlier this week, website shows that the card status is ACTIVE and I thought I was all set to rock n roll. Will do a test run this weekend.

I am assuming you tried this at more than one plaza and got the same result everywhere - right?
Old 17th March 2017, 19:44   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This sounds concerning. I just got my Axis bank FASTag earlier this week, website shows that the card status is ACTIVE and I thought I was all set to rock n roll. Will do a test run this weekend.

I am assuming you tried this at more than one plaza and got the same result everywhere - right?
Better do a test run close by, had the misfortune of going to Pune and back assuming that the fasttag will fasten my track, but no luck, all toll plazas didnot recognise it and i had to pay cash. even tried it yesterday with the same result at the Hoskote toll plaza.
Old 18th March 2017, 19:03   #696
BHPian

Update on fasttag experience from Bangalore-Tirupathi drive. From Bangalore, the first two toll plazas (Lanco Hoskote, Mulbagal) have a dedicated lane with a guard present. No boom barriers, just a drive thru. The third toll closer to the border is being prepared with a dedicated lane and has a dedicated lane for the return journey. Paid through fasttag for the first two and by cash for the third. Recieved messages about 5 hours later.
Old 20th March 2017, 12:08   #697
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Was doing a Bangalore-Chennai trip a couple of days back. Crossed Atibelle and Krishnagiri toll plazas like a breeze. While crossing Vaniyambadi toll plaza, FASTag didn't get recognized. Toll guy said it has been blacklisted but I have close to Rs. 500 in the account. As I was on a schedule, I didn't argue, paid by cash and went on.

I had a lot of time to kill, so called the Axis Bank customer care to give a piece of my mind. Have to give it to them though. Call connection to an executive is pretty quick. I narrated what had happened and they asked me contact the person who had issued the tag and that my FASTag was never activated. I countered them saying I have used it on my past 2 road trips and have even got SMS updates on balance. 15 mins and a heated argument later, I gave up. Stopped at Ambur and withdrew cash for the rest of the journey and the return leg. Was very confident that the issue wasn't going to get resolved soon and bought return toll receipt all along.

I am yet to hear from them on my complaint.

Lesson learnt: Call Axis Bank customer care and confirm on the status of your FASTag while planning your journey. So much for going cashless!
Old 21st March 2017, 12:04   #698
BHPian

Re: FASTag: B'lore - M'lore Highway?

How is FASTag coverage on B'lore - M'lore sector?

As my travel is mostly on this highway, can opt if all the tolls are covered.
Old 21st March 2017, 13:14   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: B'lore - M'lore Highway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How is FASTag coverage on B'lore - M'lore sector?

As my travel is mostly on this highway, can opt if all the tolls are covered.
All 4 Tolls are covered with FASTag. However the Hirisave and Shantigrama tolls booths Managed by L&T don't have dedicated lanes for FASTag although a lane here mentions FASTag, it allows cash vehicles too.

However, if the FASTag lanes in the's booths ae clogged, you can always get into regular lane and get the Tag scanned manually as I did 3 weeks back.

The other 2 booths of Nelligere and Nelamangala, dedicated lanes for FASTag exist with a person manning it with a barricade and allowing you only after seeing this tag on your car.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 13:57   #700
BHPian

One thing I observed in Bangalore-Hassan toll plazas is, FastTag dedicated lanes are slow compared to rest and during my Sunday return trip to Bangalore, cash vehicles were allowed in all lanes in all toll plaza`s except Nelamangala. Even though traffic was not high as compared to Sunday evening standards, surprisingly dedicated lanes were open for everybody.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 21st March 2017 at 14:06.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 20:33   #701
BHPian

Update: Finally cancelled the Axis bank Fastag, Unbelievably inept service. Now have to get the ICICI one, hopefully they are better than Axis.
Old 22nd March 2017, 08:12   #702
BHPian

Closing FasTag Account on sale of vehicle

One need not close the account on sale of a vehicle. Just get the tag linked to the sold vehicle cancelled and add tag linked to the new vehicle to that same account and get the balance transferred. The balance in account can be used for the new vehicle. The deposit also continues. However, you lose the 200 tag cost of old vehicle (paid when you took the tag earlier) and need to pay 200 for the new tag cost at this stage.

However, in my case, I needed to close the tag account in totality due to certain administrative and legal issues peculiar to me and not relevant in general, hence, not going into that aspect.

The procedure :

1) Called up ICICI representative.

2) He came over (within 24 hours) with an application form for closure, got it filled up and signed, took an ID proof of account holder and vehicle RC copy and a cancelled cheque (to enable refund of balance as well as deposit to bank account by NEFT).

3) See image attached as to steps carried out by ICICI at the back end.

4) Now, awaiting refund to the bank account (expected within 1 month).

Hope this helps.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastagclose.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd March 2017 at 09:50. Reason: Typo edited
Old 24th March 2017, 11:20   #703
Senior - BHPian

Gents, may have to make a quick trip to Sakleshpur side over the week end. Planning to take the Nelamangala-Hassan route. Any idea if the toll booths on this sector are all FasTag compliant?
Old 24th March 2017, 11:25   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Gents, may have to make a quick trip to Sakleshpur side over the week end. Planning to take the Nelamangala-Hassan route. Any idea if the toll booths on this sector are all FasTag compliant?
You can refer to post #699 above,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4167380
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 11:26   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Planning to take the Nelamangala-Hassan route. Any idea if the toll booths on this sector are all FasTag compliant?
In case you missed it, the answer is just a few posts above yours, in post # 699.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks