Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 17:53   #2011
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
On another thought, if I peel it off and reposition it, will it leave behind any residue or will it still work?
Rest assured, you will end up damaging the tag entirely in an attempt to peel it off from its position. The adhesive is really strong and I am yet to come across success stories from anyone here on the forum or elsewhere that they removed the tag and replaced it elsewhere.

If you don't have much balance in the current tag, just order from Equitas bank. They deliver in 2 days flat and its been consistent for me and many of my friends at work and outside.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 18:31   #2012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Got SMS from Equitas to present original PAN and AADHAAR to the barnch before 31st Dec ...
Went to the Market Yard branch and submitted docs today. It was empty. Lady at the counter did try to sell me a savings account which I politely declined and said will think about later, first please process my KYC. Let's see how it goes, my mega south India trip is coming up in the weekend.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 18:46   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
My honest experience - DONT go with ICICI Fastag...
Hmm. In my case, I visited their branch twice - once to fill the form and once to collect the tags (for my two cars). No hassles at all. I booked HDFC for my third one only because I bank with HDFC Bank. Otherwise no complaints about ICICI at all.
Old 20th December 2017, 19:00   #2014
BHPian

I just got my HDFC Fastag(s) for my 2 cars yesterday. Since the only instructions that were in the envelopes were how to stick the tag on the windshield (no welcome letter, etc)., I could not even get into my account.

Tried the HDFC Fastag toll free number probably around 25 or 30 times and was getting a "busy" message consistently. Finally at about 9:00AM today I managed to get through. Told them I do not know my Wallet ID for the first time login because there was no welcome letter or email.

They gave me the Wallet ID - I logged in and charged my account with around Rs.1500. After calling them back to check the activation status, they were insisting that the tags are still not active ! Could not get them during the day and finally got them at 6:00PM today - still they were saying (despite the recharge) that the cards are not active. The person at HDFC also gave me 3 mobile numbers of their Fastag backoffice staff none of whom picked up the call initially.

Out of frustration I googled and found a company called Sahaj handing Fastag IT operation (https://www.sahajcorporate.com/fastag.html) . Called them on the number provided under the same link and talked to one Karthik - he insisted that the tags are already active.

After this one of the HDFC persons called back and asked me to sms me the car registration numbers (I have 2 cars under 1 wallet id). He then called me back and said they were already active from Dec. 15. He had no explanation as to why the person in the call center said that they were not active. Guess the only way is to actually test the tag by going through a toll plaza!

Super frustrating experience. From the application process to finally activating cards it is so bad. If only they made it simple like getting the Salik card in Dubai, more people would apply for it.

I guess the next round of frustration will be at the toll plaza where I will have to shell out despite having the tag, all because the RFID reader may not in all probability be working!
Old 21st December 2017, 09:21   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Uh oh... is this confirmed? Just today - as a matter of fact, about 15 minutes before you posted this - I applied for an HDFC Fastag and paid Rs. 300. :-(
No. Not confirmed. Just couldn't find their name on NHAI site so assumed they have opted out.
Old 21st December 2017, 09:37   #2016
BHPian

Has anyone done the KYC thing for Equitas bank yet? I saw a branch in HSR layout near to McDonalds, wonder how long they will take to update, as the deadline is 31st Dec IIRC.
Old 21st December 2017, 09:49   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Has anyone done the KYC thing for Equitas bank yet? I saw a branch in HSR layout near to McDonalds, wonder how long they will take to update, as the deadline is 31st Dec IIRC.
I think deadline has been extended to March18
Old 21st December 2017, 10:46   #2018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please read couple of posts talking about it on the same page here and few on the previous page. They have provided details on their experience with Equitas' KYC thing:

Experience 1 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Experience 2 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Experience 3 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)

Experience 4 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 11:17   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Please read couple of posts talking about it on the same page here and few on the previous page. They have provided details on their experience with Equitas' KYC thing:
Thanks Parag, this was embarrassing to be honest, will check with the HSR Branch and update whether they have got the clues now.
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 11:19   #2020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parag, this was embarrassing to be honest,
No need to mate . This topic was the main discussion over the last 2 days - Equitas and that KYC message and I was wondering how you ended up missing those responses.

Please visit the HSR branch as my friend's experience which I have posted is from the same branch. By now I am sure many would have visited them for this KYC and there should be some process in place at least to accept these docs which they claim later shall be forwarded to their FASTag reps.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 11:50   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Here is my FasTag experience on the B'lore - Chennai - B'lore highway (via Hosur/Krishnagiri) last Friday - Saturday.

Was able to utilize the FastTag at EC, Attibelli, Krishnagiri, Vaniyambadi, Pallikonda, Chennasamudram (here the FastTag lane was crowded, took another lane & showed the FasTag, was allowed to pass). SriPerumbadur (took the FasTag, but barrier didn't open, operator asked me to pay cash, did that, later got a SMS for the FasTag charge as well :( Have raised a claim for refund of the same.

Return journey, utilized the FastTag at SriPerumbadur, Chennasamudram, Vaniyambadi & Krishnagiri). FasTag lane at Pallikonda & Attibelli was crowded, so took the regular lane & paid cash.

At 2 - 3 toll plazas on the route, I observed that 2/3 regular lanes had "ETC" marked on them, so FasTag users can use these lanes as well. Good thing for us!
Also, in my experience FasTag lanes can be well utilized on week days or Weekend early mornings, other times FasTag lane is crowded, so need to take the regular lanes & pay cash.

Last edited by finneyp : 21st December 2017 at 11:55.
Old 21st December 2017, 12:54   #2022
BHPian

I have ordered a Paytm FASTag and waiting for the delivery. Expected delivery date is 27.12.2017. I will be using it during my pongal vacation drive in second week of January 2018 on Hyderabad - Vijayawada highway. Did any one here used the FASTag facility in the same route recently ? If so, please provide your feedback on the same.
Old 21st December 2017, 13:32   #2023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
FASTag installation document : Maruti Suzuki
I got a chance to use the FasTag on 10th December as the toll started accepting it just a few days back. I've affixed it dead in center below the black area. It worked flawlessly.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171221_132518.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171221_132456.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171221_132439.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171221_132417.jpg  

Old 21st December 2017, 17:42   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I have ordered a Paytm FASTag and waiting for the delivery. Expected delivery date is 27.12.2017. I will be using it during my pongal vacation drive in second week of January 2018 on Hyderabad - Vijayawada highway. Did any one here used the FASTag facility in the same route recently ? If so, please provide your feedback on the same.
Travelled through that route yesterday, did not face any issues. There were dedicated fastag lanes at all toll plazas.

Last edited by mjumrani : 21st December 2017 at 17:43. Reason: Typo.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:53   #2025
BHPian

Looks like the free ride in Devanahalli toll plaza (towards hyd) has finally ended. Yesterday I was in the fastag lane with other non fastag vehicles and when my turn came I pointed to the tag. The person came out, not to do a manual scan but to note down my vehicle number and asked me to proceed. In 10 minutes I received the SMS. Last week I took the non fastag lane as the fastag lane was kept blocked and could pass without getting charged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks