Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2018, 23:01   #2971
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I am planning to procure a tag from ICICI bank, should the address in car RC match the address in KYC ?

Also, will the tag get de-activated if it sits idle for long(say an year)?
To the best of my knowledge, Address in RC need not be same as your KYC address.

Tag will not be deactivated if it sits idle (and has a positive balance). An exception is if balance goes negative.
Old 18th October 2018, 23:33   #2972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I am planning to procure a tag from ICICI bank, should the address in car RC match the address in KYC ?

Also, will the tag get de-activated if it sits idle for long(say an year)?
They needn't match, my address is not the same as the one in the RC book. I collected the tag from the branch, so I am not sure about tags that are sent by courier. There is no mention of non usage penalty, the last new car I saw with the tag is certainly not going to see a toll booth, but delivery was delayed because fastag was not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
If you still see the old tag in your account when you login, there's a small issue. You can't transfer all the balance amount from the old tag to the new tag. 100 rupees has to be left behind.... the entire account as there are more tags in that account. Lesson learnt. Empty the balance before replacing a tag
Yup, clever way to make your money disappear. The last few transactions are all "adjustments" basically they get to keep the money. My old tag is canceled.
Old 21st October 2018, 20:23   #2973
Team-BHP Support

Used Fastag for the first time on the Pune - Mumbai expressway over the weekend. The tag could not be automatically read on both tolls from Pune - Mumbai; the attendants had to step outside and manually scan it. So, that + the fact that all lanes are hybrid meant we spent more time than we would have had we paid in cash.

Both tolls on the return journey could scan the tag immediately so that was seamless and quick. Paid 138+92.
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:54   #2974
BHPian

Based on positive suggestions from T-BHPians, went ahead and ordered my fastag from ICICI. The entire application process was quite smooth, had to upload RC, licence copies and received the tag within 2-3 working days.
Loaded Rs. 1000/- initially.

Went on a road trip to Thiruvanantapuram during Dashara, and the fastag usage across NH toll-gates was seamless. Felt like the fastag proliferation is yet to pick up, with hardly 10% of the ongoing vehicles entering ETC lane. Got a feel of how our elected leaders must be feeling, leaving us behind and zooming past on cordoned off roads! The toll-booths across KA & TN were mostly equipped with tag scanners, barring a few which had personnel wielding hand-held scan-guns. The wait time in either case was more or less equal and I was happy to save time & effort to fish out money, roll down/up side-windows and standing in long queues due to festival rush! Managed to spend the time saved + more on wayside photography, much to the annoyance of the milady! Overall my 1st time usage was quite satisfactory.

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 22nd October 2018 at 12:58. Reason: Minor edit/correction
Old 28th October 2018, 21:19   #2975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post

As for me it looks like it's worst!!
Called them numerous times on their customer service number, only reply I get is there is some technical problem. I have been given 48hr deadlines 3 -4 times now. I even sent an email to fastag.hdfcbank@insolutionsglobal.com (given to me by the customer service) with my bank statement but no reply as yet. Any hdfc fastag users encountering this problem?
My new car delivery came with SBI Fast tag. It was very convenient to get scanned and move on at toll plaza's instead of searching for change & saving those toll receipts till the journey gets completed. In terms of saving time, my experience with most of the tolls were not satisfied, as auto scanning gets time to read & when the manual scanning has to happen, the one scanner in service takes time to reach. Plus most the lorries are on fast tag, hence the queue is getting crowded & these drivers are known for their patience - During a trip when I want to recharge, SBI site was down for 2 days. But luckily there is enough balance to complete the trip.

Wanted to have this facility for my other car too. Definitely I do not want to go with SBI due to those poor experiences & opted for HDFC. Applied through their website by uploading all required documents & paid the fees. It has been 3 weeks since my payment & till date I have not received even a single communication from them. Spoken to their toll free # multiple times, but they were absolutely useless. Sent email to fastag.hdfcbank@insolutionsglobal.com 4-5 time and not even an acknowledgement to the email. Looks like have to let go the amount, forget the incident & try some other service. Very poor experience with HDFC -:(
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 08:40   #2976
Distinguished - BHPian

Install Bhim/UPI app on your phone and it makes recharging Fastag easy. ( ICICI)

The UPI Id (Usually your phone number@upi, this is displayed in the app profile) needs to be entered while recharging ICICI tag and you are done, the app will show a notification for you to approve it on the phone to complete the payment.

Since every car dealer gives you a different vendor, ICICI by far is the best.
Old 2nd November 2018, 11:28   #2977
BHPian

Re: FASTag: Single Entry Toll?

How does FASTAG sense if we have to buy a single entry OR return toll?

Is it single entry by default?
Old 2nd November 2018, 11:38   #2978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It doesn't. It charges the differential amount each time you pass through a toll booth.

For example, consider a toll booth with Rs. 50 one-way, Rs. 80 return and Rs. 120 for day pass.

- The first time you pass through this booth, Rs. 50 is deducted from your tag.
- The second time you pass through, a further Rs. 30 is deducted.
- The third time you pass through, another Rs. 40 is deducted.
- Fourth time onwards there is no deduction.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 11:38   #2979
BHPian

Quote:

In my experience, it is single entry. When you return through the same toll within the stipulated time, then the balance (for double) is deducted.

@ Mods, please delete this post. I did not see Binand's response query JMaruru's query.

Last edited by deadguy25 : 2nd November 2018 at 11:40.
Old 2nd November 2018, 11:42   #2980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

A very common question that crops up once in a while on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Your understanding is correct. If you return before 24 Hours, only the remaining amount (as applicable in case of return journey fare) is deducted.

However, this is not always the case that the window is 24 hours. It will depend on the booth as well. For instance, in Bangalore at least 2 booths (BETL and NBTL) that I know operate based on Calendar day. So your return journey is valid only if you pass the booth before 11:59:59.
Old 2nd November 2018, 11:56   #2981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Like others have mentioned, if you pass within 24 hours, only the balance amount is deducted.

Here's my recent toll receipt - Single entry is 30 and return toll is 45. So while returning, they deducted only 15 from my account.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_4.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 14:40   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
So your return journey is valid only if you pass the booth before 11:59:59.
This is bad. If paid by cash, we could convince that we are within 24 hours window.
Old 2nd November 2018, 14:56   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
This is bad. If paid by cash, we could convince that we are within 24 hours window.
But then, even if you convince, the system has to accept? When you show the receipt, the attendant will run it through a bar code reader, and if you are past the time, it would not let you through right?
Old 2nd November 2018, 15:19   #2984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
24 hours window is not applicable for NBTL toll. So you should pass back the booth before same calendar day that is 11: 59: 59 PM.
Old 2nd November 2018, 15:33   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
24 hours window is not applicable for NBTL toll. So you should pass back the booth before same calendar day that is 11: 59: 59 PM.
The same thing applies for BETL too. Before midnight of the same day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks