Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2019, 10:03   #3826
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Got a mailer from Kotak Bank today that says they are waiving the issuance fee of Rs.100 for new applications:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-kotak.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 24th November 2019 at 10:06.
Old 24th November 2019, 11:04   #3827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Fastag has nothing to do with your RC. As long as your tag is active and has money in it, it will work. I had done 3 trips on highway before I got my RC.

But the only information that Paytm asked from me was the RC card details. Hence the query.

Any idea how much time Kotak is taking to issue the tag? Paytm is taking 15 days.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 11:35   #3828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
But the only information that Paytm asked from me was the RC card details.
In my (then) new car, the SBI tag came activated at delivery. Account details came through SMS to the registered mobile number, day or 2 before I took delivery. I didn't have to do KYC after that.

Delivery and activation timelines in last minute rush are different from what it used to be 1 or 2 years back. I've gotten Equitas tag twice (once in 2017, another in 2018) within a day or 2 at most. Account details was sent within an hour of payment.

PayTM has always taken long, there were week or more turnarounds in this very thread.
Old 24th November 2019, 11:37   #3829
BHPian

Can I register for a new FASTag where the vehicle is not in my name ?e.g. Bank account in my name and vehicle is in my father's name ?
Old 24th November 2019, 11:38   #3830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Fastag has nothing to do with your RC. As long as your tag is active and has money in it, it will work. I had done 3 trips on highway before I got my RC.
Does it mean you can use a single Fastag across cars (by sticking with a double sided tape)?
Old 24th November 2019, 11:44   #3831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Does it mean you can use a single Fastag across cars (by sticking with a double sided tape)?
No. It is linked to the chassis number. What I was replying him was in relationship to the physical RC you receive 4-5 weeks after the car gets registered. There was no need to wait for that.
narayans80 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 14:09   #3832
Senior - BHPian

With the FASTag becoming mandatory, they should not just use it to collect the toll but explore ways to spot the traffic offenders. This is technically feasible but need some infrastructure.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 15:49   #3833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys what about new cars that haven't got their smart card yet. Will the car not be allowed to ply on highways till it's gets its smart card and then another 10-15 days for the fastag?
As far as I know all new cars come with a Fastag by default from the showroom. So the issuer of the fastag already has the vehicle details. If yours is a car that did not come with the Fastag from the showroom, the issuer needs a copy of the RC only to issue you the right category of Fastag (color coded for visual identification) so that the correct toll amount is deducted according to the category of the vehicle.

Last edited by pjbiju : 24th November 2019 at 15:51.
pjbiju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 16:10   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Can I register for a new FASTag where the vehicle is not in my name ?e.g. Bank account in my name and vehicle is in my father's name ?
Bank account does not matter. You need to upload the RC (in your fathers name) and the tag will get issued in his name. You can load money from any bank account (including yours) through various means including UPI. Your tag has a unique UPI reference (netc.regnNo@yourbank generally) which is very convenient to transfer money from your bank account to your fastag account.
null is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 18:34   #3835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
As far as I know all new cars come with a Fastag by default from the showroom.
Nope, it comes as an option. I just bought a car and I did not get the Fastag. Only if I knew the govt. would make it mandatory from December I would have opted for that option.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th November 2019 at 19:05. Reason: Minor typo.
Old 24th November 2019, 18:38   #3836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, it comes as an option. I just bought a car and I did not get the Fastag. Only if I knew the govt. would make it mandatory from December I would have opted for that option.
It is mandatory, check with the dealer. Dealers charge 600/- as well for Fastag.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th November 2019 at 19:05. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 22:34   #3837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was never optional I think since 2017. There was an extra charge of Rs. 600 for fastag as other BHPians mentioned here.
rajivtelang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 23:29   #3838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
It was never optional I think since 2017. There was an extra charge of Rs. 600 for fastag as other BHPians mentioned here.
We didn't have to get the FASTag when we bought our Jazz in April 2018. Infact, on asking about the free FASTag, our dealer told that Honda had till then not implemented it so the car didn't come with it.
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 23:42   #3839
Senior - BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post

That's what I meant. It's optional meaning you opt for it on paying them INR 600/-.

None of the dealers (4 nos.) I have spoken to have said it is mandatory. Not sure what's going on here. We bought 3 cars from 2 of those dealers (one skoda and 2 Hyundai's) recently.
Also, how can something which is priced more at dealerships be mandatory than for what it is available for outside (INR 400 in Paytm).

Last edited by Pancham : 24th November 2019 at 23:43.
Old 25th November 2019, 05:40   #3840
BHPian

Bought Paytm fastag couple of days back after speaking with its customer care. Following points were clarified:

1. It will be delivered within 7 working days
2. There will be no convenience charge for uploading the balance ( I believe most of the banks are charging the same for different mode of payments)
3. Paytm a/c must be KYC compliant.
4. Only soft copy of RC to be uploaded
5. Load the wallet atleast 30 mins before hitting the road so that there is no balance issue at toll plaza
6.No time-bound alidity issues
7.maxumum amount allowed is Rs.1 lakh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks