Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 14:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

this seems to be the case of rash and irresponsible driving.

as if the driver dint slow down on turn and tried to turn at a very high speed in a small car full of people.

lot of people drive what they cant control.

lot of people think they should drive real fast on expressways

anyways wish that people drive safe cos this expressway is having accidents every now and then which is unfortunate.
Old 26th November 2007, 14:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hope everybody involved recovers. This is indeed a very bad accident!
but its a straight road with very gently curves. Where exactly did this happen?
there is one turn, while coming from greater noida to delhi, after approx 2-3 km starting from Pari Chauk, greater noida. ( Expressway end to greater noida).
Old 26th November 2007, 14:44   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
there is one turn, while coming from greater noida to delhi, after approx 2-3 km starting from Pari Chauk, greater noida. ( Expressway end to greater noida).
Ok its the same place where a corolla overturned as it lost control.

For a empty road, this road sure kills a lot of people
Old 26th November 2007, 14:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh, that is one hell of an smash up! I hope they recover soon!
I could not make out it is a Santro.
Govt should put caution boards at most bends on such roads. My experience shows that most highway bends are dangerous to approach at speeds above 100, as the centrifugal force is just too much for the car to bear.
no caution boards and the limit use to be 80 kmph and now it is crossed by the govt. itself.
I blame Janta, Companies and Govt. all 3 of them for such accidents on expressways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
this seems to be the case of rash and irresponsible driving.

as if the driver dint slow down on turn and tried to turn at a very high speed in a small car full of people.

lot of people drive what they cant control.

lot of people think they should drive real fast on expressways

anyways wish that people drive safe cos this expressway is having accidents every now and then which is unfortunate.
yes, you are right. You wont believe i had seen people driving on passions, crux r, centra bikes with thinnest tyres with full thrust with their families, on high speed lane of expressway.

3-4 days back. a major accident was about to occur infront of my eyes, 4 vehicles. safari (polititian), scorpio(polititian), baleno and esteem were cruising at around 100+ kmph because i was at 50-60 kmph but they were atleast safe distance from each other approx 10-15 feet away from each other and suddenly a villager with his child on his shoulder havnt even bothered to check if the car is coming or not. safari stopped approx 6 feet away from that guy and swear i don't know how those people managed to control their cars as all the cars were out of control with sudden brakes. all the people in the car then started beating that villager and called the cops.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 26th November 2007 at 14:53.
Old 26th November 2007, 14:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Ok its the same place where a corolla overturned as it lost control.

For a empty road, this road sure kills a lot of people
yeah and the same place where a tavera's engine blows off and was on fire like 1 month back.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:00   #51
BANNED

120 kmph on a curve and that too in a santro loaded with passengers ( esp kids ) and you asking who do we blame -- and u add the Govt as an option , DAMN , its just a case of being dumb and stupid and the driver should be fined heavily for such an act . You can't BUT BLAME the driver of the mentioned vehicle .

The Govt is making better roads but that doesn't mean that they get blamed for the stupid acts of some over confident accelarator happy people . Its lucky that they escaped without any casualties !!!

Cheers

PS -- maybe we should ban the govt for allowing companies to make cars that go faster than 20 kmph ... lets revert back to bullock carts -- really stupid to blame the Govt for everything that goes wrong or is it just the way we are made ???

Last edited by khaadu75 : 26th November 2007 at 15:01.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
120 kmph on a curve and that too in a santro loaded with passengers ( esp kids ) and you asking who do we blame -- and u add the Govt as an option , DAMN , its just a case of being dumb and stupid and the driver should be fined heavily for such an act . You can't BUT BLAME the driver of the mentioned vehicle .

The Govt is making better roads but that doesn't mean that they get blamed for the stupid acts of some over confident accelarator happy people . Its lucky that they escaped without any casualties !!!

Cheers

PS -- maybe we should ban the govt for allowing companies to make cars that go faster than 20 kmph ... lets revert back to bullock carts -- really stupid to blame the Govt for everything that goes wrong or is it just the way we are made ???
In Uttar Pradesh, have ya seen the highways? Highways to haridwar, hill stations like nainital uff.
Now just one good road and people are not able to digest that road.

We have good roads to agra but what about other places?
Old 26th November 2007, 15:07   #53
BANNED

Quote:
In Uttar Pradesh, have ya seen the highways? Highways to haridwar, hill stations like nainital uff.
Now just one good road and people are not able to digest that road.

We have good roads to agra but what about other places?
So ... I'm sorry but I didnt understand the point you trying to make .
Old 26th November 2007, 15:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:

Whom should we blame for this?
Govt. or the Janta or the companies?

Govt. - for not providing good roads and one good road like experss way and not giving instructions to the people how to drive carefully. Taxes are so much that companies can't sell their products acc. to the international norms here because of the high taxes and companies downgrades their cars. No Securty norms adopted by the govt.
Mods please change
"whom should we blame for this?" to
"whom should we blame for such accidents on roads"

I think people are missunderstanding.
Old 27th November 2007, 09:54   #55
BHPian

Another Accident on Expressway, noida.
Heard in the news, havnt gone to expressway noida because i'm hibernating at home.
1 Bike was hit by a truck, biker died on the spot.
RIP!

If people will ignore the safety rules and regulations, accident will go on and on and on... as i had mentioned i had seen few bikers running their bike to the extreme right lane (high speed lane) instead of left lane.
Old 27th November 2007, 11:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

no body is to be blamed for this as no person is responsible for one persons ignorance.the driver of the santro should be aware that he is driving a santro and he should be aware of the capablity of that vehicle.if he fails to do it then its his problem.there are people who sticker amby with ferrari stickers and feels that he is ridding a ferrari.

ram
Old 27th November 2007, 18:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

Even i saw the banged up car 2day while returning from college....to say the least it was banged up very bad...
The driver should know his car...that curve is indeed dangerous....even i slow down on that...even after my ride is on 215/40 rubber...

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 27th November 2007 at 18:56.
Old 27th November 2007, 18:59   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Manan bhai movie so early in the morning ?
arre movie was late night.and had spent the night at the friends place.
Old 27th November 2007, 23:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Even i saw the banged up car 2day while returning from college....to say the least it was banged up very bad...
The driver should know his car...that curve is indeed dangerous....even i slow down on that...even after my ride is on 215/40 rubber...
I had seen your car like 3 weeks back on expressway.
Drive slow dude. You were at high speeds and now its good to see you getting slow down.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 27th November 2007 at 23:17.
Old 28th November 2007, 17:40   #60
BHPian

Breaking News for expressway:
Govt. will deploy speed guns and rumble Speed Brakers on Express way.
Source: AAJ TAK

Don't know whats going on man? They are all messing up. Spead breakers on high speed expressway? Speed Guns?

Sudden Speedbrakers on the highway. Don't you think its dangerous and more dangerous at nights?

BHPians your comments please.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 28th November 2007 at 17:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks