Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 09:54   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Take a look at this number plate!

In Pune off late you need a magnifying glass to read number plates of many cars. The MH 12 / 14 and alphabets are printed so small it's impossible to read unless you are standing right in front of it. Only the numbers are in normal or extra large size.

I think this is to avoid getting tickets through the cameras and as expected Pune cops aren't bothered at all.
Old 5th March 2024, 10:43   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
In Pune off late you need a magnifying glass to read number plates of many cars. The MH 12 / 14 and alphabets are printed so small it's impossible to read unless you are standing right in front of it. Only the numbers are in normal or extra large size.
I think this has been going on for almost a year now and since MH doesn’t have any mandatory HSRP number plate requirement these people get away with it. This has become the new normal now which earlier was no biker ever wearing a helmet.

Take a look at this number plate!-img_5992.jpeg
Source: Google
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 12:20   #978
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
Is it even allowed to Print anything on a number plate?
Especially if the IND number plates become mandatory, how will these people find ways?
The owner of the Vellfire is the founder of a listed company and is the Honorary Consul of Brazil. Hon CC positions are usually awarded to individuals who have a strong business relationship with a foreign country, in this case Brazil. They are granted one official car, which is nearly always their own and have these white on black plates with the text containing the name of the country they are representing. The plates have to come from the local embassy of the said country and they cannot be printed by any random number plate guy. These plates are usually taken very seriously and they do not come in the IND plate format.
Old 5th March 2024, 14:01   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
This was one of the oldest in-use car (on road) which i saw in the recent days. Still don't know why the transport authority in Karnataka took 'C' (similar to the one posted in this post) to use for number plates back in the 80s and 90s, and not 'KA' as it is now.

Every state has number plates that start with the letter of their initial alphabet.

Anyone knows the reason for this?
Maybe cause the state was named Karnataka only in 1973 and was Mysore(?) state before that?
While Kerala was named Kerala in 1956 State reorganisation itself. First dibs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
K was already allocated to Kerala, so C went to Karnataka (Carnatic reference, maybe?)
Old 5th March 2024, 14:16   #980
BHPian

My father's moped and scooter had registration starting with 'C' (CNM in Mysuru). 'M' was used before 'C'. I think the second letter indicated the place within Karnataka
Old 22nd March 2024, 07:41   #981
BHPian

This car belongs to my nephew based in the US. Got his personalized plates recently....
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-mh12.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2024, 21:52   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
My father's moped and scooter had registration starting with 'C' (CNM in Mysuru). 'M' was used before 'C'. I think the second letter indicated the place within Karnataka
Vehicles in Mysore district of Mysore State (and later Karnataka) were issued with registration numbers in the MYM series and later MEM series. Post 1980-ish, Karnataka was running out of the ME- and MY- series, so we got C prefixed series.
Bangalore vehicles were always CA- or CK- (with one weird exception of CBK series). All other RTOs had CN-, CM-, CT-, and CR- series. So Mysore registration numbers always began with CMM, CNM, CRM, or CTM.
The 3rd alphabet indicated the district.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 22nd March 2024 at 21:54.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks