Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 12:44   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Take a look at this number plate!

In Melbourne, on a Triumph Rocket III.

Take a look at this number plate!-screenshot_20221230_190627_chrome.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2023 at 06:11. Reason: Typos, image inserted in-line.
arjithin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:05   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Looks like
- He bought the bolero in Assam and has Assam Number.
- Then he paid road tax in Nagaland and took that number with RTO process.
- He didn't realize that, once the nagaland number was issued, the Assam number would have been cancelled, and retained the Assam number plate.

Considering the vehicle, and the way our government operates, he wanted to be on safe side and hence such situation.
This is a grey area.

I have 2 plates for my car too.
Both active registrations.

My older RTO just says "NOC Issued to transfer to xx xx(new RTO)"

No news on whether my older RC is cancelled.
viXit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 13:03   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Looks like
- He bought the bolero in Assam and has Assam Number.
This bus has two number plates, both HR-37.

Take a look at this number plate!-hp.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2023 at 06:11. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
mukeshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 08:48   #934
BHPian

Folks wanted some clarity over the old school number plates, here to share my understanding of it. My current commute from Gurgaon to Delhi and back has given me ample chances to see number plates like DAA 001, PUX 010, RXX XXX, and many more, especially on high-end vehicles, read, cars from Fortuner and above categories. Searching such numbers on Vahan yielded these to be valid registrations. All such vehicles are new, the oldest one was active since 6 years, from my search! Since there is a provision allowing us to get our old number transferred to our newer vehicles, folks use such numbers to standout! However, I doubt the theory of such numbers being issued afresh!
Old 17th February 2023, 10:55   #935
BHPian

Came across this genius who probably wanted to evade the speed cameras. Telangana police and their trigger happy fingers can be partly blamed for such excesses though. People have been fined for traveling at 60 kmph on 4 lane highways with no median openings or accident zones in sight.

Take a look at this number plate!-img_20211226_140323.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2023 at 06:12. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Old 17th February 2023, 11:24   #936
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aish_4761 View Post
Folks wanted some clarity over the old school number plates, here to share my understanding of it.
A few states allow the transfer of a vintage series number plate from an old car onto a new one. Most of these states require the transferor car to be scrapped and these plates have a huge market in itself in the states that allow such transfer. Single digit plates sometimes sell for upwards of half a crore as it is a seller's market. Infact, Delhi does have a few exotics too which are running these vinatge plates. A Ferrari 458 Speciale, a Nissan GT-R, a Lamborghini Gallardo, a 911 GT3 and a McLaren 720S are a few that I can recall at the top of my head. Supercool, in my opinion! Hoping this rule comes through down south too, since old Karnataka plates had some very interesting series like CAR, MEN etc.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:51. Reason: Quote teimmed.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 16:52   #937
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
A true Maharashtrian I guess
Enough proof here and in various snaps on the thread for the RTO to prosecute all these errant car owners.
Old 17th February 2023, 17:03   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
This is a grey area.No news on whether my older RC is cancelled.
It's not a grey area, once NOC is issued, the registration is passed onto the new RTO and the old number ceases to exist (although online records will show up old records).

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:50. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 17th February 2023, 17:25   #939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
It's not a grey area, once NOC is issued, the registration is passed onto the new RTO and the old number ceases to exist (although online records will show up old records).
Not exactly this way. NOC is just a no objection certificate, obviously. Means that the source RTO doesn't have any issue (read pending amount) in transferring the given number to the other (specific) RTO. Once issued in name of new RTO, you can pay the taxes in the new RTO and register with the same number, even in case of change of state. Once registered in new RTO, the old number now ceases to exist with the old RTO.

It is only when you apply for reassignment of number, then as soon as a new number is issued, the old number ceases to exist completely and becomes illegal to drive with. Trust that clarifies.

Last edited by saket77 : 17th February 2023 at 17:27.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 17:43   #940
BHPian

Have been seeing a lot of vehicles with number plate saying “applied for registration “ in Ahmedabad. These are neither brand new cars nor flimsy stickers. Most have been with black background and golden or yellow letters. What’s the legality of this? How long can people drive around with temporary registration? Do these vehicles have active insurance? Is it common practice to sell these vehicles within a short period without getting a permanent registration?
Old 18th February 2023, 02:01   #941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aish_4761 View Post
Folks wanted some clarity over the old school number plates, here to share my understanding of it. My current commute from Gurgaon to Delhi and back has given me ample chances to see number plates like DAA 001, PUX 010, RXX XXX, and many more, especially on high-end vehicles, read, cars from Fortuner and above categories. Searching such numbers on Vahan yielded these to be valid registrations. All such vehicles are new, the oldest one was active since 6 years, from my search! Since there is a provision allowing us to get our old number transferred to our newer vehicles, folks use such numbers to standout! However, I doubt the theory of such numbers being issued afresh!
Hey Aish!
These numbers aren't issued fresh albeit are old series which people transfer to their new vehicles. Every RTO in Delhi has set of old series with them , record of which can be found on Delhi government's motor licensing website.

Moreover these numbers carry a hefty amount if by any chance anyone is willing to sell. In North specifically Punjab , Haryana and Delhi you'll find fancy numbers a niche! Wonder a guy in Chandigarh spent 16 lakhs for a 0001 plate on his Honda Activa. Crazy as it sounds!
DJ 0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 21:31   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Not exactly this way. NOC is just a no objection certificate, obviously. Means that the source RTO doesn't have any issue (read pending amount) in transferring the given number to the other (specific) RTO. Once issued in name of new RTO, you can pay the taxes in the new RTO and register with the same number, even in case of change of state. Once registered in new RTO, the old number now ceases to exist with the old RTO.

It is only when you apply for reassignment of number, then as soon as a new number is issued, the old number ceases to exist completely and becomes illegal to drive with. Trust that clarifies.
Thanks for the clarification.
I have observed that a RC that has been cancelled, shows up as CANCELLED on the portal when checked. But my older number is not shown up like that.
How do I verify that it is indeed cancelled.
Old 16th March 2023, 11:51   #943
BHPian

Somewhere in Hungary.

Take a look at this number plate!-img_1792.jpeg
500ContyCruiser is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:09   #944
BHPian

Re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Nithyananda K N for sharing this unique numberplate:
I spotted this unique number near Ganesh Peth Police Station, Hubli. Karnataka. Don't know how authentic these numbers are. In case emergency or accidents how to report these cars numbers.

Take a look at this number plate!-fancy-number.jpg

Take a look at this number plate!-front.jpg

Take a look at this number plate!-back.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2023 at 19:49. Reason: Images inserted in-line.
RavyaLe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 17:26   #945
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Clean white Fortuner =

Choice of VIP number = Good

Golden number-plate =

Take a look at this number plate!-20230411-15.36.24.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com