Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 18:01   #181
BHPian

re: Take a look at this number plate!!

I have an observation : some of these KL-registered cars (with/without Kannada number-plates) are brand-new cars. So its not that the person driving the vehicle is on a temporary transfer or any such thing. Clearly people rush to their 'native' and buy/register cars there thanks to the tax-difference, and then drive around in Bangalore ad infinitum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^
Tha funny part about the above number is It is a Kerala vehicle but regional language is not malayalam (Kerala) but Kannada (karnataka). I could not blame him for that because he was a victim of a mugging incident in Bangalore and lost few thousand Rupees + broken windshield+ RV mirror.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:49   #182
BHPian

While exiting my office yesterday, I noticed a DL registered Esteem sporting the registration numbers on a dark blue background. Very Diplomatic Corps style.

I wonder what was the need - It's a sure way to attract attention. If the owner does have clout, there is really no need for the fancy plates in the first place.
Old 18th September 2011, 01:22   #183
Senior - BHPian

In Chennai the police is insisting on a standardized number plates. It is good to check frequently and make the people to understand the value of number plates. Such kind of fancy number plate may not help them when they are in trouble some where on highway.Even if our own friends by pass also they may not notice. Better to respect the act and do for our own benefit too. At least let we TeamBhpian strictly follow the number plate rule. I do it.
Old 19th September 2011, 14:57   #184
Senior - BHPian

on my way back from Kaas/ Satara, I spotted a very weird number plate on a Fiesta IIRC.

While I was on regular (low) beam, the number appeared as GA03 H 6121. A couple of kms down the line, I switched to high beam to warn a motorcyclist trying to cross the road between the Fiesta and me. I noticed that on high beam, I could not see the number at all but a word in cursive handwriting, something like 'Avishkar', though I could not read it correctly.

What type of number plate is this? Is it legally allowed?
Old 20th September 2011, 19:18   #185
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My sister sent me this. SUV apparently belongs to a Gujarati. In Gujju, the plate reads "Your Father" (effect is obviously more in the vernacular language):

Take a look at this number plate!-tarobap.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 20:48   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
on my way back from Kaas/ Satara, I spotted a very weird number plate on a Fiesta IIRC. While I was on regular (low) beam, the number appeared as GA03 H 6121. I noticed that on high beam, I could not see the number at all but a word in cursive handwriting. What type of number plate is this? Is it legally allowed?
Number plates in India are required to have black lettering on a white background. The font face has to be any standard font while cursive writing is prohibited. The number plate that you observed looks like a legal number plate but because of the cursive handwriting, it is prohibited.
Old 21st September 2011, 09:35   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My sister sent me this. SUV apparently belongs to a Gujarati. In Gujju, the plate reads "Your Father" (effect is obviously more in the vernacular language):

Attachment 612658
or maybe an economically affected individual getting relief! - TAR(P)OBA(MA)P(AID)

I think I need to take a break!
Old 21st September 2011, 09:49   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey GTO, that was just awesome.

Still laughing while I type this. Yes, the effect is definitely 100x in Gujarati. What a plate this guy got!
Old 11th October 2011, 12:13   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I noticed that on high beam, I could not see the number at all but a word in cursive handwriting, something like 'Avishkar', though I could not read it correctly.

What type of number plate is this? Is it legally allowed?
So I was driving home yesterday night, when I encountered some road-thugs, screaming and yelling in black Indigo and driving in a suicidal manner. Very very high chance that they were drunk. They were not very fast, but just incredibly rash. They event went offroad to the left dozens of times in their attempts to overtake a sedately driven Palio and other cars.
I had a mind to report them to the police , so I got behind them to get the reg-number. The plates were silver in colour and in my headlamp beam, all I could see was an orange flag. When I switched on the high beams , I could see no letters/numbers, but what I think was "jay" written in devnagari. I simply couldnt make out what was written at all, though I think the number was MH 11 xx xxxx.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:20   #190
Oxy
BHPian

This fancy number plate nuisance needs to end.

Why can't the authorities understand that it becomes so easy for a offender to get away if the vehicle registration number is not easily readable.
Old 25th October 2011, 23:41   #191
BHPian

I think we took this somewhere near Vaniyambadi, TN.

Take a look at this number plate!-p2070018re.jpg
Old 26th October 2011, 03:29   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithpd View Post
I think we took this somewhere near Vaniyambadi, TN.

Attachment 832421
It is too much of mocking the system and uniform Numberplate usage. See the sticker on the back screen it seems a lawyer's car. Instead of being roll model he/she mocks the system.
Old 26th October 2011, 10:40   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome. People can never stop amusing you with there stupidity. This concept of VIP is so flawed in our country. Such people like the one in pic above should be banned from driving for life. I am sure they would not bother much about the other laws on the road too.

But the Police just doesn't wanna act. I fail to understand why cant they stop such things from selling itself. For instance sun films. Why don't you prosecute anyone selling films which do not comply with the RTO norms? Same with the numberplates.
Old 4th November 2011, 00:37   #194
Senior - BHPian

Hi. everyone I am also adding my contribution to this thread,and it is about this joker who is more bothered about his STATE's map then the traffic rules.
That is why he thought of having state boundryline then regular rectangular or square shape for his shitty bike's number plate and the lettering is too in devnagri language (two traffic offences) and our so called COPS just turn their heads away inspite of looking at such voilations....SCARED. What I think is that if he stops this chap for this voilation he will be either bashed up or maybe warned.
Can anyone read what is the actual registeration number of this vehicle?
Rubb Rakhaa..
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-photo0086.jpg  

Old 4th November 2011, 00:59   #195
BHPian

I saw this bike in my recent trip to Bihar less than a month ago. I had the opportunity to see this bike even from the front and it did not have a number in the front too.
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-untitled1-copy.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks