Team-BHP > Street Experiences


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 23:31   #166
BHPian
 
Deep Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Udupi
Posts: 730
Thanked: 636 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My friend's car.....
Hope the police do not look at it too closely.

In Kannada it is written as K A L 22 !
They will wondering which is this state now!
Deep Blue is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 11:42   #167
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 21,634
Thanked: 60,936 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Here are more of having only regional registeration plates.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Take a look at this number plate!-dsc00200.jpg  

volkman10 is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 12:05   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 595
Thanked: 17 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here are more of having only regional registeration plates. Cheers!
And the tribe seems to be increasing. I see many bikes sporting number plates only in Kannada. I also see many cars sporting those tiny number plates with microscopic fonts. Is it a mere coincidence that I find most of these vehicles overtaking incorrectly, jumping the signal, driving on the wrong side, etc.?

Why can't the authorities enforce the number plate rules strictly? Are they waiting for some serious crimes to be committed before they act?
CBlazer is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 13:14   #169
Senior - BHPian
 
vibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SG
Posts: 1,122
Thanked: 2,244 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Interestingly the delhi Traffic Police has a facebook page where people can upload photographs of offending vehicles with details of place and time of offence and the police takes action on basis of the photographs uploaded. Even vehicles of many big shots have reportedly been penalised for having 'Govt of India' , 'Police' etc on their number plates based on these photographs. Needless to say many offences regarding number plate rules are regularly uploaded.

I dont know if such examples are there across India, if not there has to be so that responsible citizens can do their bit in curbing some menace atleast.
vibbs is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 14:43   #170
BHPian
 
the VTEC guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 564
Thanked: 140 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Interestingly the delhi Traffic Police has a facebook page where people can upload photographs of offending vehicles with details of place and time of offence and the police takes action on basis of the photographs uploaded. Even vehicles of many big shots have reportedly been penalised for having 'Govt of India' , 'Police' etc on their number plates based on these photographs. Needless to say many offences regarding number plate rules are regularly uploaded.

I dont know if such examples are there across India, if not there has to be so that responsible citizens can do their bit in curbing some menace atleast.
Yes similar facility is available for Pune RTO on facebook. It was also featured in I think Pune Mirror some time back.
the VTEC guy is offline  
Old 14th June 2011, 05:20   #171
BHPian
 
sudharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 281
Thanked: 7 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Yes similar facility is available for Pune RTO on facebook. It was also featured in I think Pune Mirror some time back.
Check out the Bangalore Traffic police page on Face Book. One can post pictures of Traffic Violations there and Mr. Praveen Sood (ACP Bangalore Traffic Police) will take necessary action against the offenders.

Last edited by sudharma : 14th June 2011 at 05:23.
sudharma is offline  
Old 8th July 2011, 15:03   #172
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 536
Thanked: 102 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Name:  02072011 Medium.jpg
Views: 4594
Size:  44.0 KB

Spotted James Bond in an OHC..Nice reg. Number
nick17s is offline  
Old 18th July 2011, 10:56   #173
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 536
Thanked: 102 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Now thats a nice reg. number "HYD 16"

Spotted this in West Delhi

Take a look at this number plate!-hyd.jpg
nick17s is offline  
Old 18th July 2011, 11:29   #174
BHPian
 
white-rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 282
Thanked: 35 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

I am a non kannadiga,who lives in bangalore.Few days back,I was travelling with my friend on late saturday night.It was around 1 am.One bike passed us by kissing our dezire.We had our family inside the car.We wanted to takedown his number,but it was written in kannada(I think).We couldn't do anything,but simply stare.This is something serious,Govt has to take care.
white-rabbit is offline  
Old 18th July 2011, 14:06   #175
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 536
Thanked: 102 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
I am a non kannadiga,who lives in bangalore.Few days back,I was travelling with my friend on late saturday night.It was around 1 am.One bike passed us by kissing our dezire.We had our family inside the car.We wanted to takedown his number,but it was written in kannada(I think).We couldn't do anything,but simply stare.This is something serious,Govt has to take care.
thats bad, you should have clicked the pic of no. plate (if by any chance)..
nick17s is offline  
Old 18th July 2011, 15:03   #176
BHPian
 
Tommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 254
Thanked: 50 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-rabbit View Post
I am a non kannadiga,who lives in bangalore.Few days back,I was travelling with my friend on late saturday night.It was around 1 am.One bike passed us by kissing our dezire.We had our family inside the car.We wanted to takedown his number,but it was written in kannada(I think).We couldn't do anything,but simply stare.This is something serious,Govt has to take care.
To all the Bangalore based bhpians, take pictures and post it to Bangalore Traffic Police Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Banga...5344994?ref=ts
Tommie is offline  
Old 18th July 2011, 18:24   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,773
Thanked: 3,035 Times
Re: take a look at this number plate!!

I had been to Vijayawada in AP last week and i noticed quite a few vehicles with different coloured number plates. No one seemed to be bothered.

Lot of them had black number plates with white/gold/red lettering !!

One esteem even had the owners name on the front number plate (red on black plate).
fiat_tarun is offline  
Old 26th July 2011, 13:03   #178
BHPian
 
sudharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 281
Thanked: 7 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
Now thats a nice reg. number "HYD 16"

Spotted this in West Delhi

Attachment 578653

How's it possible for a Modern (Maruthi Swift Desire think) to have a "HYD 16" number plate? Can any one explain.
sudharma is offline  
Old 26th July 2011, 15:45   #179
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,718
Thanked: 1,286 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
How's it possible for a Modern (Maruthi Swift Desire think) to have a "HYD 16" number plate? Can any one explain.
That is a very old Haryana series and it seems the dezire owner has been transferring this number to the vehicle(s) that he purchased since he was alloted that number originally. This can be done after obtaining official permission from the local RTO and paying some sort of transfer fees.

A cousin of mine also has a similar number HY# 00$ which he originally had on his Bajaj Priya scooter (in the late Eighties) which was then transferred to his Esteem, then an Opel Astra and untill very recently on to his E class Mercedes. These days however the number graces one of his smaller rides (i10 I think) so as not to draw unwanted attention to his new S class.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 20:25   #180
BHPian
 
sudharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 281
Thanked: 7 Times
re: Take a look at this number plate!!



I know that in some foreign countries you can retain the registration number. I was under the impression that transferring the registration number to another vehicle is not possible in India.
sudharma is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks