Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 15:55   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Here is an extract from the site of :
Mumbai Traffic Police
It says, the Mobile Phone must be switched off when driving. Also note that the phone cannot be picked up by parking the car to the side of the road.
Now this is strange....Why I can't answer the call after nicely pulling over the vehicle and stoping and then answer the call.

Do I need to get out of the vehicle for answering
Old 14th December 2007, 16:34   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
How different is talking on phone with handsfree to talking with passengers in the car? Forget about the rules for a minute, ideally is there any difference? In both of them you could loose your concentration mid of conversation. Is anything proved scientifically?

The passenger in the car can see the road ahead. Will shut up when something dramatic occurs. You don't have to explain sudden silence in the conversation.

A person on the other end of the mobile will keep going "hello hello, canyou hear me" even at the moments when you need to be thinking and concentrating only on the road ahead.

This is the main difference (IMO) between talking to a person and talking into a mobile.

But what do I know, I don't use the mobile while driving.
Old 14th December 2007, 16:52   #33
BHPian

as pointed out it is advisable not to use even BT while travelling.Surveys show that using Head Phone or BT give more confidence and which tend to create accidence.
The truth is that if the message has to reach you it will reach ...you either call them back or they call you back...
have safe driving
Old 14th December 2007, 16:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

My phone is always connected to my HU, so no need for any handsfree. But all my calls will be short "call me later/will call u back, I'm driving."
Old 14th December 2007, 17:14   #35
BHPian

For me, absolutely no calls while on the move, though I dont put my phone off. 'choose to call back when I'm off the road instead.

I hate looking like a call centre chap / a Star Trek character.
Old 14th December 2007, 17:27   #36
BHPian

I pick up the phone after pulling aside. In general no calls answered while driving. I am not entirely comfortable with BT sets or wired head sets unless I am in a long conversation.
Old 14th December 2007, 21:20   #37
BHPian

I have a wired handsfree kit, when I get a call while driving I slow down to a very managable speed like 25/30 while on highways, inside city slow down to almost crawling speed and extremely left, and talk.

Due to emergency nature of my job I can not switch off my cell anytime. Though I preffer not to receive any call while driving.

Last edited by sumitkalindi : 14th December 2007 at 21:23.
Old 15th December 2007, 23:27   #38
BHPian

In my car, I prefer using the loudspeaker and on the bike I wear wired headset with music on it, which automatically switches off when you receive a call.
For making a call, I park the car or bike and do the needfull.
Old 16th December 2007, 21:33   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkalindi View Post
I have a wired handsfree kit, when I get a call while driving I slow down to a very managable speed like 25/30 while on highways, inside city slow down to almost crawling speed and extremely left, and talk.

If I am behind you, what am I supposed to do?

thank you
for creating a slow moving road block.
Old 16th December 2007, 21:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

I use a BT headunit the Pioneer 6950BT. Just switch on phone BT after starting the car and it automatically connects. The audio comes out of the car speakers and theere is a mic in the rear view mirror. The HU also gives a display of incoming call number and also stores all my contacts. Only negative point about this HU is no voice dialing.
Old 16th December 2007, 22:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

I use a jabra bluetooth headset from a very very long time now.

As Satish asked - has it been proved whether talking on the phone is distracting ? It works as a sedative for me. I drive calmly but when I am on the phone with my gf / friends, I tend to drive cheerfully. It calms me down amidst all the traffic jams and confusion. (If its a business call - I tell them I am driving and call later at leisure )
Old 16th December 2007, 23:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I mostly ignore the calls while driving, not only because it distracts my attention but also because it spoils the taste of pan masala.
So if you do have to pick up a phone call..you simply roll down the window and SPLAT all over the road eh???
Old 17th December 2007, 00:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
So if you do have to pick up a phone call..you simply roll down the window and SPLAT all over the road eh???
Na Na , open the door itself while moving and spit out .True I have seen it .
Old 17th December 2007, 06:31   #44
BHPian

I have Blaupunkt humburg 57 HU, which has integrated BT and USB. The moment I switch on the ignition, my phone is connected to the HU using BT and handling calls on the drive is as simple as that.
Old 17th December 2007, 12:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

i have a BT headset but after the initial few days of usage now its just lying in some corner of my house gathering dust

also while driving if the call is important i just move over to the side of the road and answer it...if i cant move over and if the call is important to ignore i just pick and i say "i'm driving and will call back in a few minutes". this usually works for me.

and you guys should pick up the previous issue of "Week" Magazine which featured a cover article on this topic.

ah well just be safe guys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks