Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 09:25   #61

I use a Nokia bluetooth car kit CK-7W which I picked up from Nokia's show room in Church Street in Bangalore. Deatils of CK-7W are given in
Nokia India - Overview - Car kits - Car solutions - All accessories - Accessories - Find products

The kit needs professional installation - in my case, TAFE (the dealers for Skoda) installed it for me and did a very neat job.

The kit comes with an external mic, that is mounted on the driver side A-pillar.
The remote control button (which can be used to connect / disconnect calls as well as increase / decrease volume) is mounted between the steering wheel and the dashbord (just below the speedometer).
The external speaker is mounted below the dashboard.
The car kit - phone pairing is a one time simple affair, after which the car kit pairs with the phone whenever it comes into range.
When a call comes in, the external speaker gives a "ring" tone, the sound system mutes, and the sound system display shows "Phone".
One picks up the call by pressing the remote control button.
The conversation can be heard on the external speaker and the volume turned up / down with the remote control button.
Once the call is over, one can disconnect by pressing the remote control button.
The car kit supports voice-dialling and does a fairly decent job of it (I beleive this feature also needs support from the hand set and so the performance of the voice dialing feature is dependent on the handset. I use a Nokia 6021 and am very happy with the voice dialing.

Hope that helps.
Old 6th January 2008, 20:23   #62
BHPian

Simple. I switch off the phone when I unlock the car and then switch it back again when I am done driving - when I am alone. If I have company, then I let the co-driver, usually a family member take the call.

How much ever important it is, the call can be attended to when I reach my destination. I would rather miss the call when driving and attend to it later, than getting myself/some other road user killed.

It is just not worth it.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 6th January 2008, 21:25   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akole View Post
I use a Nokia bluetooth car kit CK-7W which I picked up from Nokia's show room in Church Street in Bangalore. Deatils of CK-7W are given in
Nokia India - Overview - Car kits - Car solutions - All accessories - Accessories - Find products

Hope that helps.
This is the same product I had mentioned in my earlier post. I have not tried the voice dialling though. This feature sucks in my Razr V3i, so I see no point in trying it in the car.
Old 6th January 2008, 23:29   #64
BHPian

Bluetooth integrated into my JVC Exad touchscreen DVD player. Number flashes on screen, touch to accept call, microphone on A-pillar, sound through speakers. neat and simple.
Old 7th January 2008, 13:35   #65
BHPian

I leave the phone in silent mode and return any missed calls after I reach my destination. If I don't recognise the number I wait for the person to call me back — and nine times out of ten it turns out to be a telemarketer. In my eight years of owning a mobile phone, I have yet to receive a call that demanded immediate attention.
Old 25th January 2008, 02:56   #66
BHPian

Hi,

I drive the car with the mobile on my right hand and control it very well. The work is done by the left hand and also by the right some times .
Old 25th January 2008, 17:11   #67
BHPian

I know using the phone while driving is not good, but I cannot do away with it. I mostly get business calls and need to pick all calls. I use a Bluetooth handsfree only while driving. Every call is important and I get real wild when I get these credit call & personal loan calls.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:49   #68
BHPian

Answering calls

I usually stop my car before I answer a phone or just ignore the call.
Old 9th February 2008, 16:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

I've a Nokia CK1-W handsfree kit installed in my vehicle that interfaces with my 9500 Communicator. Makes life that much easier and hassle free.
Old 9th February 2008, 16:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

I use handsfree kit (Wired headphone and mic kit).
Old 10th February 2008, 11:33   #71
BHPian

I attend the calls mostly. I'm used to talking on the phone n driving since a long time. But if its an unknown number I dont pickup.

For messaging, The QWERTY is easier while driving too.

cya
A
Old 10th February 2008, 11:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

Used to answer calls on my Bluetooth kit (Supertooth III), but its become much easier with Jag which has a phone. Need to figure out how to clone my sim, though!
Old 10th February 2008, 13:48   #73
BHPian

Handsfree kit (Wired headphone and mic kit).
Old 10th February 2008, 14:03   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Got me a Motorola IHF1000 car bluetooth kit.
Old 10th February 2008, 14:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper316 View Post
Hi,

I drive the car with the mobile on my right hand and control it very well. The work is done by the left hand and also by the right some times .
What are you saying buddy ? What is controlled by the right hand well but aslo done by the left and the right sometimes ???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks