Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:44   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Must feel really nice when your GF is shouting her head off for forgetting her birthday!! That too on 9 speaker Dolby surround!!
Hasn't happened yet so I can't comment. But a very good way to test the highs, mids & lows of the system. Wouldn't you agree?
Old 8th May 2008, 17:25   #107
Senior - BHPian

nice thread....

I may be looked down upon, but i use my cell extensively while at the wheel or the handle bar (bike). i specially selected a 2760 Nokia, the flip open model. When ever I get a call, I pop it open, select options - loudspeaker and (1-Bike) Either stick it up ... into my helmet bottom first so that the speaker stays near my ear, and i can close the Visor and continue my talk. or (2-Car) Same pop it up, loudspeaker, leave it dangling by the neck strap near my chest and continue on the speaker.

Both ways are good enough only to avoid the Law. But i know and I very much oppose the idea of talking and driving/riding. Just that I trust very heavily on my sense of Multi-Tasking and till now good at it. But some day when I feel I am loosing it, Or worse, Lost it and banged somewhere, I have to stop.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:40   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
But some day when I feel I am loosing it, Or worse, Lost it and banged somewhere, I have to stop.

I just hope and pray that when the lost it and banged it happens, you are not at the hard end of tarmac.

Why don't you just buy a blue tooth helmet kit like this one from Motorola.
Motorola Motorola HS830 Helmet Headset
Old 8th May 2008, 18:13   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Both ways are good enough only to avoid the Law. But i know and I very much oppose the idea of talking and driving/riding. Just that I trust very heavily on my sense of Multi-Tasking and till now good at it. But some day when I feel I am loosing it, Or worse, Lost it and banged somewhere, I have to stop.

Everyone feels he has a good sense of multi-tasking. Hope you don't realise that its not failsafe the hard way. I have a hands free kit that I use only to say I am driving and hang up. Of course when there is no traffic, I do take and even make calls. But most often I stop my car to speak if I can not avoid speaking.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:19   #110
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

most sensible thing would be not to answer the phone,
or, park up and talk, finish and move.
followed by the option of buying a blue tooth hands free or a normal wire hands free if you absolutely must go yak yak yak while driving.

third suggestion would be atleast use the speaker phone

you'd be surprised how much it helps, especially when it is a work call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
Everyone feels he has a good sense of multi-tasking. Hope you don't realise that its not failsafe the hard way. I have a hands free kit that I use only to say I am driving and hang up. Of course when there is no traffic, I do take and even make calls. But most often I stop my car to speak if I can not avoid speaking.
Old 8th May 2008, 23:01   #111
BHPian

I envy all you guys who could switch off the phone or put it in silent while driving. Thats the best thing to do.

But i cant afford to miss a call while on official travel. so I use a Sony Ericsson BT headset & use it only in the car. I will leave it in on position & Pair it when ever i get in. No big deal as i got used to it. Weekends, i either stop the car to take the call or take it later. The Nokia E series will make the selection easier by announcing the name of the caller.

But using it in a Bike is really .
Old 8th May 2008, 23:30   #112
BHPian

Headset or speaker, the only word for all this is dangerous!!

Nobody knows what the call is all about untill they actually take it and talk to the other person. If the call is exciting and or good or bad news it will directly effect the person's driving capabilities and put him in the danger zone.

I just dont bother about calls when i'm driving untill i reach my destination. Another way is to disconnect the call. All the people who call me know that I disconnect a call only when I'm driving or riding. So no risks at all!!
Old 9th May 2008, 09:56   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Headset or speaker, the only word for all this is dangerous!!

Nobody knows what the call is all about untill they actually take it and talk to the other person. If the call is exciting and or good or bad news it will directly effect the person's driving capabilities and put him in the danger zone.

I just dont bother about calls when i'm driving untill i reach my destination. Another way is to disconnect the call. All the people who call me know that I disconnect a call only when I'm driving or riding. So no risks at all!!
Also, when you are talking to someone in your car, that person is also witness to what is happening around your car, so both of you react in similar fashions when a car in front slows down abruptly or a biker swerves into your path.

The person you are talking to on the phone has no idea what is going on and continues the conversation normally. That is what causes the most distraction.

That is what makes driving and speaking on the phone so risky.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:07   #114
BHPian

That is why we should ban talking to the co-passenger, ogling at girls outside while driving, thinking about something else than driving, etc.!!!! Would that be enough? I guess, there is always a limit in exaggerating the dangers. Even waking up from sleep itself is dangerous. It is in fact true that some drivers don't want co-passengers talking to them while driving. So, if you are one like that, better avoid what disturbs you from driving properly.

Quote:
Also, when you are talking to someone in your car, that person is also witness to what is happening around your car, so both of you react in similar fashions when a car in front slows down abruptly or a biker swerves into your path.

The person you are talking to on the phone has no idea what is going on and continues the conversation normally. That is what causes the most distraction.

That is what makes driving and speaking on the phone so risky.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:37   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That is why we should ban talking to the co-passenger, ogling at girls outside while driving, thinking about something else than driving, etc.!!!! Would that be enough? I guess, there is always a limit in exaggerating the dangers. Even waking up from sleep itself is dangerous. It is in fact true that some drivers don't want co-passengers talking to them while driving. So, if you are one like that, better avoid what disturbs you from driving properly.

Your reply would have been a lot more to the point if you had actually read my post.
Old 28th May 2008, 18:23   #116
BHPian

Me while driving is using Sony Ericsson's HCB 120 car kit !

It's cheap and worth the price of it not too expensive!!

Here's the snap of it !!

It has the feature of getting the number on the screen itself no hassels !
Just clip it on the sun visors and connect it to your phone!

I love this thing and say you will not face any issues because no one can imagine(onlookers , co-passengers and police too) that i am using a car kit because no one can imagine this small device is that big thing working till i told them !!

http://www.datakits.co.uk/store/images/large/hcb120.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
How do you manage your phone calls while driving?-hcb120.jpg  

Old 29th May 2008, 13:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Your reply would have been a lot more to the point if you had actually read my post.
Apologies. I didn't get your point when I read it first. Yeah I get it now. Whatever the mode of talking, we could first tell the other end that "I'm driving".
Old 29th May 2008, 14:50   #118
BHPian

Personally i would park the car and recieve the call, as i feel talking on the phone while driving is also equally risky as drunk driving. one should avoid talking on cell while driving.
Old 29th May 2008, 15:22   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Apologies. I didn't get your point when I read it first. Yeah I get it now. Whatever the mode of talking, we could first tell the other end that "I'm driving".
That's all right.

I too always say first of all that I am driving.
Old 1st June 2008, 15:12   #120
BHPian

I use a plantronics voyager (510, 520) bluetooth headset. But usually when I'm driving I don't put on the headset. This might sound strange but I really can't drive in the city when I'm distracted (even though both my hands are free). I keep my cellphone on vibrate mode, when it rings I check the number and only pick up calls which I feel might be important. When I take a call driving in traffic (happens very rarely and you can't pull to the side of the road because you're stuck in the middle) it's usually only a few seconds which 're spent in asking the reason for the call and letting the caller know that I'm driving so will contact him/her later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks