Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2008, 16:58   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvi View Post
Bangalore: I am unable to decide the winner between KR Puram or Agara/Silk Board
The true winner in Bangalore should be Bommanahalli-Begur cross in hosur road. definitely nightmare for the driver.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:00   #92
BHPian

BTM Main road leading to Silk board junction. Between 9am and 9pm, the 3 kms stretch takes a minimum of 30 mins and can stretch up to 2 hours on a rainy day.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Any road leading to a government run liquor shop during peak hours(reads after 6 p.m) in Kerala is a traffic nightmare

Well said Sanjay, I too have experienced this.

There is a theatre complex in Trivandrum, known as SL theatres. There is also a government liquour shop exactly opposite to it. There was a main road, which was also a city bus route, running in between these two buildings. All buses HAD to go through it. There was a traffic jam almost everyday because of those "loyal customers" who watch movies and then go for drinks. They used to just block the road to get into buses to return to their homes. The result was a minimum of 20 minutes delay. My worst experience was a delay of 50 minutes on the eve of a dry day!!!

Some years back, the government built an alternate route, bypassing this area!!! cheers:
Old 16th June 2008, 21:35   #94
BANNED

The reason is 12,000 vehicles choke Silk Board Junction every hour

Traffic volume at Silk Board junction, that connects Hosur Road, Madiwala, BTM Layout and HSR Layout, is now 12,000 vehicles per hour, up from 6,000 in 1998.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
BTM Main road leading to Silk board junction. Between 9am and 9pm, the 3 kms stretch takes a minimum of 30 mins and can stretch up to 2 hours on a rainy day.
Old 17th June 2008, 12:55   #95
Senior - BHPian

Only 12,000 vehicles per hour? That's not much compared to the Begumpet main road (S.P. Road) in Hyderabad. The figure in 2003 was 10,000 vehicles per hour. It was at least twice that till the airport shifted recently to Shamsabad.
Old 15th February 2010, 11:30   #96

In Calcutta, now Kolkata the streets are not too wide compared to the traffic volumes, so the entire city is a difficult drive. A few of them are particularly difficult:
1. The chingrighata crossing of the E. M. Bypass, if you are travelling from the Electronics city in the evening, and trying to go south, the whole stretch from the Nicco Park to the Chingrighata crossing would take around an hour for this a KM and half stretch. Horrible! And its getting worse!
2. VIP road towards the Airport in the evening. Even the Rail minister had to leave her car and take an auto to cross this stretch a few days back. The name VIP Road seems to be a misnomer now.
3. Ruby crossing during the peak hours.
4. Howrah bridge during the peak hours. There is every possibility that you would get kisses from the public transport buses.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

The priydarshani signal around kural on the eastern express highway enroute towards sion. This signal takes a whole 8-10 mins to go green once gone red.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:44   #98
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

agara/silk board is bad.
National Games Village/ Vivek nagar is bad during peak hours.
From Agara through Iblur to Bellandur/ Sarjapura Road is also miserable.
the once beautiful, wide inner ring road is now a nightmare during peak traffic hours owing to indisciplined cab, two wheeler and auto drivers - especially around the U turn space after EGL, the Eejipura/Srinivagilu signal and again at the very next signal next to oasis centre.

Beautiful Bangalore has morphed into a commuter's nightmare with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

All traffic signals in Bangalore.

eg. try following lane discipline and approach a signal, you will see you are the odd man out as the two lanes of vehicles in front of you automatically turn in to 4 or 5 lanes and leave you confused what to do.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:59   #100
Team-BHP Support

The turn into Rd #12 from Rd #1 Banjara Hills from the Masab Tank side.

A temple, bus stands before and after the turn, share auto's and utterly incompetent cops.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:06   #101
Senior - BHPian

Holkar bridge in Pune during rush hours. Complete standstill from 8:45AM till around 10AM. Same chaos reigns in the evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Gov has the expansion on the cards but, my kids will enjoy that.

Bengaluru - > kya main bolu ?
Dairy circle till the first bus stop (opp christ college) in the mornings is choked till death. Also during lunch time and every now and then. The bus stop on the road and merciless private bus drivers who give rats *** to general public by stopping in the middle of the road are the main culprits.
I wish the bus stopped somewhere near Nandini Dairy gate and no private buses allowed to stop there.

EDIT: Quick question. How much time would it take for me to travel on a bike and in a car from Jayanagar to Columbia Asia (Malleshwaram/Yeswantpur) every week day ?

Last edited by prince_pervez : 17th February 2010 at 14:15.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:14   #102
Team-BHP Support

There is only one way to come out of this unscathed. Beat the traffic with time. Find out time slices where you will find least and go according.

I know its difficult for many folks. But its effective. I used to follow a 6AM to
4PM kind of schedule and used to find crystal clear roads.
I guess thats the only way out.

Bellandur junction on ORR and KR Puram are horrible. From KR Puram if one has to go towards Hebbal by ORR, each signal is a 3 minute one and in peak hours you will go bonkers crossing each one of them. The worst is the one near the Manyata Tech Park.

PLUS add on to it the truck traffic choking the road.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:19   #103
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

correct
when one follows lane discipline one tends to be the odd man out in the end. and despite following lane discipline, one is invariably the last man to reach a signal and the last man to cross that particular signal!

atleast this holds true of the morning and evening commute in bangalore - the city best known these days for its chaotic, indisciplined traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
All traffic signals in Bangalore.

eg. try following lane discipline and approach a signal, you will see you are the odd man out as the two lanes of vehicles in front of you automatically turn in to 4 or 5 lanes and leave you confused what to do.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:30   #104
BHPian

^^ I agree as I also used to do morning 6 to evening 3 for couple of years but no more possible now.

My worst place for traffic is "Lane in fron of Cyber green, microsoft, infinifty tower & Ericsson buliding in Gurgaon. Go any time in the day u r off 30 mins - 2 hours of your day
Old 17th February 2010, 21:29   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
^^ I agree as I also used to do morning 6 to evening 3 for couple of years but no more possible now.

My worst place for traffic is "Lane in fron of Cyber green, microsoft, infinifty tower & Ericsson buliding in Gurgaon. Go any time in the day u r off 30 mins - 2 hours of your day
Some how I am able to manage 8 to 5. Basically that means I am on the road by 7:30AM. Which is also kind of OK. Folks are kind of lazy during winter ! Some how I am cashing on that

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks