Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 21:34   #106
Senior - BHPian

Old Madras Road from NGEF Junction to Ulsoor is horrible for traffic. Single ever 100 meters and massive traffic every day, day and night.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:52   #107
BHPian

In Bangalore: Stretch between Sujatha Theatre to City Railway Station Main gate.
Other places, traffic moves, albiet slowly. This one is horrible.

Last edited by null : 17th February 2010 at 22:02.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:52   #108
jav
BHPian

lately for me its one spot which bothers me everyday, its the left turn from sarjapur road to hsr layout, there is always a jam as everyone is trying to squeeze into the small service road, no matter how much i try to stay towards the side i always end up between two vehicles who are trying to squeeze in from both sides and i end up braking hard and to top it all there are bikers who want to inspect my door handles and orvm in this jam, i feel like im in the matrix

Last edited by jav : 17th February 2010 at 21:53.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:58   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
roads in pune are terrible and combined with the insane number of two wheelers it is a nightmare to drive. during peak hours the traffic is so slow you could actually switch off your car, pull the handbrake and take a power nap. some of the worst traffic spots are -
1. bt kavde railway crossing
2. ramwadi chowk
3. the narrow stretch connecting nibm to kondhwa
i am sure the pune guys know what i m talkin about.
2) Ramwadi is under control due to the Airport road signal now.
3) I don't know why the traffic there has increased ? Have more buidlings come there ? When we used to visit that place it was a breeze.

Ok one more in Pune. Peak time.
Bund garden to Wadia, then Wadia to Jehangir. Aweful. Painful.
Old 18th February 2010, 00:24   #110
BHPian

Bommanahalli Junction, Hosur Road
Vellara Junction, Ashok Nagar
Kodigehalli Junction, Hebbal
Old 18th February 2010, 13:05   #111
BHPian

Luckily nowadays there are no such spots on my commute but in the past there were quite a few of them.

Holkar Bridge in the evening
Swargate signal (before the one way on Tilak Rd)
Race course road/Pulgate (again before all the one-way thing)
Old 18th February 2010, 14:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

1. Majiwada junction, Thane.
  2. Manpada junction, Thane.
  3. Hiranandani Gardens entry from Adi Shankaracharya Marg.
  4. JVLR near L&T after the flyover.
  5. SEEPZ area.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:20   #113
BHPian

Chennai metro rail horror

Now that the construction of the support beams for the metro rail has started, almost the whole of the 100feet road has been narrowed down from Guindy to Koyambedu Signal. The worst hits are the signals from Ambica Empire to League Club Signal/MMDA Colony Signal (not sure of the name of that signal). The traffic just crawls between these signals after 6.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:12   #114
BHPian

Hinjewadi flyover and near Wakad police Station. Only on peak hours rest of the time its fine.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:21   #115
Senior - BHPian

Pune: Holkar bridge. (Best avoided from 9AM to 10:30 AM and 6 PM to 8:30 PM)
Pune: Jehangir hospital at peak hours.
Bangalore: Ahem! (You need a Sunday to actually drive, other days are good for crawling)
USA: None.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 2nd June 2010 at 18:22.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:47   #116
BHPian

South Mumbai: Roads are narrow, or dug up: Chowpatty-Peddar road-Haji Ali-Worli.

Western Suburbs Mumbai: Near Airport flyover, from JVLR Flyover onwards till Times of India Flyover.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:07   #117
BHPian

In Mumbai, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the 1.5 km stretch from Marol Fire Stn. to Saki Naka. Evergreen traffic ! Thanks to Mr. ADAG, Metro Work going on. The road is completely uneven. Kahin Concrete kahin Tiles. Kahin Uppar Kahin Neeche.
Old 3rd June 2010, 03:32   #118
Senior - BHPian

The entire road network of South Delhi. It started with the BRT corridor, then came the never ending Metro construction and now it is the PWD. They dug up the roads a few months back to put up signages which are nowhere to be seen as yet and now they have started dumping heaps of mud with small boulders thrown in for good measure to fill up the gaps between the road median stones.

This was started late last night on the outer ring road between Soami nagar and the Chirag Delhi flyover around 11.00 pm. This stretch with three lanes on either side stays jammed up the entire day in any case due to bad road alignment in front of the ADAG/BSES compound and now with one lane taken up by the new addition to the Aravali range, God help motorists tomorrow morning.

Last edited by khoj : 3rd June 2010 at 03:36.
Old 4th April 2011, 00:34   #119
BHPian

Re: Which is your worst traffic spot?

In bangalore, these are the two areas where i would think twice before taking out my car..

- ORR where bridge constructions take place.. at a large number of spots.. If you happen to miss the service road, the place where bridge construction starts, everything gets squeezed into one lane, with buses/lorries/tempos and everything else trying to take advantage of you and merge in the lane, its chaotic and rather unnerving..

- near majestic bus stand on friday nights.. Bus drivers have their ball on this road and rash driving is at the peak on this stretch.. Same goes for the chikpet area.. traffic sense is senseless.. you are better off taking your 2 wheeler or an auto

In chennai

Havent driven around much .. but then IMO needless to say t.nagar is like a nightmare at any given point of time in the day..
Old 13th April 2011, 04:43   #120
BHPian

Re: Which is your worst traffic spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
In Mumbai, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the 1.5 km stretch from Marol Fire Stn. to Saki Naka. Evergreen traffic ! Thanks to Mr. ADAG, Metro Work going on. The road is completely uneven. Kahin Concrete kahin Tiles. Kahin Uppar Kahin Neeche.

Yogesh I completely agree with you...

The Metro Rail work going on between 7 Bunglows to Andheri Amboli Naka too sucks especially at the Garden Court junction. Especially between 8:00am and 10:00am.

Another traffic snarl is the road heading to Shaan Cinema (Parle Biscuit factory flyover) from SV Road at Irla near GTC. This one gets bad between 8:30am and 10:30am especially if one is driving to work and needs to get ahead of the rickshaw walas waiting for their passengers to get off at the Gokhlibai School drop off point.

And also at the Juhu circle especially where the 1st Road meets the 10 th road and then proceeds to Versova link road and Lokhandwala complex.

Coincidently I live at Juhu PVR and need to pass this on a daily basis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks