Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 15:31   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Remember reading about a NGO in Chennai recently, that is working for these people.

John, are you referring to this one ?
Old 31st March 2008, 15:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that & a few other social service organisations who take them off the streets & rehabilitate. Certainly encouraging them or those other types like' mothers with an infant in hand ' are not the right thing for us educated people to do. I know for a fact that these mothers hire these infants for as little as Rs.30 a day & keep them without feeding for the whole day under the burning sun. India at its lowest, i would say.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Vivek relax dude, nitrous just voiced his opinion or what he does, why you getting so defensive.
I thought I was being offensive
Old 31st March 2008, 19:53   #49
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I went to society's security and RWA; they adviced me to pay up saying it's good luck to have their blessings and bad to have their wrath.
Yes thats the attitiude security and RWA's have. No one wants to mess with them. same thing happens in our society all the time, eunuchs walk in and make hay. security does nothing and no neighbour ventures to intervene. when we complain to RWA president, he says its there right. I think he might be on their payroll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
They reached there in 40 minutes and gave a good thrashing to the eunuchs. After that day none of their ilk ever ventured in to our colony.
Nice job. I wish i had frnds/relatives like yours.

Anyways, i believe that either they mend their ways or (atleast in N India) should be shot at sight or classified as an inferior human race and sold into permanent slavery.
Old 31st March 2008, 22:46   #50
BHPian

Actually sohailPistawala(member) ,

I know why you are chilled.. thats because the ones in mumbai are not that persistent.. atleast that is my opinion.And not until the person starts looking worried or troubled .All you have to do as one member suggested ignore them or look down or elswhere.. they will place their hand over your head/face and walk off after some time, nothing more..I am from mumbai so i am well versed with that trick.

But i had a horrific incident in the train on my way to bhopal as a kid. probably 16 yrs old it was horrid and so i cannot put it here... but yes those BEY***HES S**K!! in the north. no idea about the ones in the south.

There are also the genuine ones who actually work for a living.. i even have a video interview taken by a BMM student on their lifestyle and culture. So i still do sympathize with the genuine ones.

But for the rest of them ... all i ever wish for is that shotgun you guys already suggested ..
please forgive my abusive tone...
Old 1st April 2008, 14:44   #51
BHPian

vivek: whatever you are trying to be , keep it with to you i suggest, i think i have already made my point. hehehe

matrix: exactly my point. Dont really know what the actual scene in the north is!!

guys just dont bash me up for these things man, cant i just voice my opinion.
Old 1st April 2008, 15:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
guys just dont bash me up for these things man, cant i just voice my opinion.
Yeah, we will take your opinions too sohail in spite of everything.
Old 1st April 2008, 15:05   #53
BHPian

Thanx esteem lover : atlast some ray of hope , otherwise its always bashing / thrashing/ crashing going on (shuru Ho jate hai bina soche Samjhe) lols . Good i am not the scape goat!! hahahaha.

Sorry Mods for hindi!!
Old 1st April 2008, 15:37   #54
BHPian

i normally don't pay em and neither have the change - but this one time at the sonyworld junction they walked up to my car and when I waved "NO", spit on my rolled up window. Not sure if it was the loud music or what which made them expect something from me!!
Beggers normally i make a judgment call and very rarely, if and only if i have change, give something (5-10rs). I am sure my judgment maybe wrong at times though.
Old 1st April 2008, 21:50   #55
BHPian

now now, next time jassi gets to sony world signal and spots the same spitter.. what would be the thoughts.. sympathy for a victim of nature or the ever growing urge to actually have the shotgun, a longer double barrel would be preferrable i guess..
Old 1st April 2008, 22:48   #56
BHPian

nah i am a little old fashioned - i'd rather use a sword and hack the offender down
on 2nd thoughts no i ain't that evil, I guess a gun to shoot a harmless bullet in the moron's rear oughta do it for me and surely will teach them all a lesson
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:20   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Jassi jaisa koi nahin !
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:50   #58
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
on 2nd thoughts no i ain't that evil, I guess a gun to shoot a harmless bullet in the moron's rear oughta do it for me and surely will teach them all a lesson

you are really doing that moron a favor. you realize your bullet will only clear out the moron's clogged exhaust pipe..

better bet would be to pour a ton of cement in his mouth so he cannot spit ever again. leftover cement can be used to permanently close the already clogged rear exhaust pipe.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar
Why??!!
Why should one pay them?
If you have any other solution to keep them from my car(Im a Team-BHPian,remember),please let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek
we wud not have this problem in the first place if smartpants like you did not encourage livelihood of such lowlives.
Mr.NRI, Would you wipe off saliva from your windshield and window panel when they spit on it if you don't pay?
Can you stomach the sight of their "public parts"(now that they are not private)?
Worst case, they hold and feel your testicles.(This has happened to me,years back)
Can you handle that?
You sit in front of a computer and can talk.I drive in India with these creatures around and 5 or 10 bucks is my solution.You have another solution?
Old 2nd April 2008, 14:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

its always easy to talk about alternatives and say things like 'i would have...' / 'i might have...' without being in a situation themselves.

the best solution is to pay the 5rs/10rs and get done with it. but if one feels that they can take these people on and are ready to handle what these people throw at you, so be it.

Everyone has their own way of looking at a situation and their view of a solution to it; each are their own judges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks