Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:38   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam Kapasi : Welcome relief in these terrible days of dunga fasad.

Oh wait...
Dang, Sam. You are Bang on target. Dung mein fas gaya hai koi !
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:39   #77
Senior - BHPian

The first thing I do after logging on to TBHP site is to rush to this site and burst out laughing aloud. My staff for the last two days are thinking that their Boss has gone looney and needs help. Because what they see from the glass window is the sight of a middle-aged man, happily married, who was talking sense a few days ago is, uncontrollably laughing and crying (tears flowing) at the same time.

In the midst of a serious discussion he gazes at his terminal and bursts out laughing...

Now, Ramky I mentioned this methane thing in my post #:8... This 'sticking of the probe' was the killer...Oh God...

MODS: Please close this thread. I can't take it any more, lest my staff bundle me to an asylum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Cows belch / fart out more methane than an average petrol car (read Swift); Swift driven for 1,11,000 and 200 cows a year produce same amount of methane !!!!!!! (Portsmouth University research data)

I asked him how they measure it, where do you stick the probe........ he's supposed to give me an answer today
  • CO2 has grown by 31% while Metehane has grown by 150%, metehane lasts longer and creates more damage to atmosphere!!!! (Portsmouth University research data)
Wonder if a catylic converter would work on a cow / bull?
  • Cows in the country side on natural food produce far less methane than ones on city, country cows also produce more dung!!!!!!!!
Food for lots of thought...... what say you ppl?

=======
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
The first thing I do after logging on to TBHP site is to rush to this site and burst out laughing aloud. My staff for the last two days are thinking that their Boss has gone looney and needs help. Because what they see from the glass window is the sight of a middle-aged man, happily married, who was talking sense a few days ago is, uncontrollably laughing and crying (tears flowing) at the same time.

In the midst of a serious discussion he gazes at his terminal and bursts out laughing...

Now, Ramky I mentioned this methane thing in my post #:8... This 'sticking of the probe' was the killer...Oh God...

MODS: Please close this thread. I can't take it any more, lest my staff bundle me to an asylum.
I was about to say the same. My staff also thinks the same and now I am wondering what all they must be thinking . This thread is Certainly Insane.
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:45   #79
BHPian

Bird Droppings or Cow Dung?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
one question here is, can dung contribute to corrosion if left unattended.
Not sure of Cowdung, but Bird Droppings on car paint are known to be bad. This is because they can be mildly acidic and damage the paint/surface.
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:20   #80
Senior - BHPian

Back to the "Technical Stuff" section ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Thread moved. This is purely a street experience and has nothing technical about it.

There is so much technical info provided by ramkya1 in this thread, that I think it warrants moving back to the "Technical Stuff" section . This is getting to be more than just a street experience !!! In fact, it is taking us all on the road to enlightenment (ok, ok, i know ...watch out for the dung on that road too !).
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:26   #81
Senior - BHPian

Remember the Surf ad on TV ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
...Do I need to water clean the underbody?...
You can use " Surf " to clean the dung off. After you are done cleaning, dung "dungthe reh jaaoge".
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ramky, BAD !
1,11,000 km = 200 cows in a year ? No. Cant' be.

......................... !
@ Condor: "A herd of 200 cows can produce roughly the same amount of methane as a car that's traveled 100,000 miles."

Source:
Belching Cows Global Warming - Mahalo

"Dr Andy Thorpe, an economist at the University of Portsmouth, explained that 200 cows burp the annual equivalent amount of methane to the energy produced by a family car being driven 111,850 miles.. "

Source:
Emissions from burping cows 'higher than family car' - Climate Change, Environment - The Independent

Though these report major emissions through the mouth, the reverse is also true for bovines as shared by my Vet colleaague; that's one act we need to watch out for when treversing the hind-side with a spotlessless dress

@Glifford: Bird droppings release amonia which is very corrosive.

=====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 2nd December 2008 at 14:59.
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Some food for thought on the specimen, from its usages ...........

12. Tooth polish - Wonder if polishing the tooth on the underbody is possible ???

14. Smoke from Cow-dung increases our eyelids to close & open many times, lots of tears from the eyes come out, thus it increases the vision of a person, some villagers can see even in old age !!!!!!!! So setting fire to the scrappings from the underchasis increases vision.

----
Would like to see some proof for the above two points!
Instead of burning the dung, why not we create a "crying club" similar to "laughter club" and increase our visions!
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:52   #84
BHPian

[quote=d_himan;1073197
Do I need to water clean the underbody? Is dung harmful? I had had a cleaning job done last weekend and dont want to go through the experience again if avoidable. [/quote]

Congrats bro! U saved a fortune on teflon coating which is nothing in comparison to cow dung coating
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Would like to see some proof for the above two points!
Instead of burning the dung, why not we create a "crying club" similar to "laughter club" and increase our visions!
"What an Idea". You just can't get away from the Dung this thread has discovered.........

You would need stimulation to cry, for tears to come out? What better material than to just scrap the bottom, take it out and burn it.........

=========
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:10   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ramkya1 : .. that's one act we need to watch out for when treversing the hind-side with a spotlessless dress
That's one thing I have not found the need to be careful about .. the bovines have always been very well behaved, AFAI-Have-Seen.

I'd be very wary of their hind-legs, though.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That's one thing I have not found the need to be careful about .. the bovines have always been very well behaved, AFAI-Have-Seen.

I'd be very wary of their hind-legs, though.
I guess theory and practice does differ and geography does play an important part in modulating behavior. Or is it grooming from the childhood....... calfhood?????

So right and MAN the hind-legs........ can they kick!! Remember the time I was down for 3 days when I got a kick from a calf on my thigh, fortunate it was 6" off target ....... shudder... shudder !!!!!!

=======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 2nd December 2008 at 15:20.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:22   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ramkya1 : I guess theory and practice does differ and geography does play an important part in modulating behavior. Or is it grooming from the childhood....... calfhood?????
Theory & practice may differ. In this case, what you had mentioned is the theory part. What I said was based on my (practical) experience.

I have found these animals to be inherently well behaved, and sensible. Never found the need to crack a whip at them.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:29   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

@d_himan: You can get shampoo made out of car dung from Kanpur. You can use that dung shampoo to wash your car. It should help.

A woman packaging shampoo made from cow dung
Dung Attack - harmful?-cow_dung.jpg

Quote:
"......We culture the elements extracted from cow dung and urine and then re-culture them for refining .This helps in enhancing the inherent powers of dung and urine. ...."
Source: Cosmetics and toiletries from cow's excreta like dung and urine (gomutra) are manufactured by Kanpur Goshala Society; India Travel Times, India News Times, Tourism, Tourist, Hotel, Airlines, Cuisine, Taj Mahal, Ayurveda, Yoga, Festival, Temple, Hindu

Also, it's so sad that this thread does not have pictures . While there have been extremely great text based responses, no one has put any pictures.

@d_himan: was the dung like this
Name:  How-to-Get-Vanilla-From-Cow-Shit-2.bmp
Views: 4545
Size:  791.1 KB

or like this
Dung Attack - harmful?-37195017_6932dc2fab.jpg

or like this?
Dung Attack - harmful?-d0640543.jpg

This will help our resident dung experts to investigate better .

Picture Source: Google

@MODS: I think I have given you enough ammunition to close this thread now. Please listen for sanity sake. It's literally a 'dung-al' out here.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd December 2008 at 15:34.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:35   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
khan_sultan : This will help our resident dung experts to investigate better .

@MODS: I think I have given you enough ammunition to close this thread now. Please listen for sanity sake.
@Khan Sultan .. looks like you sure did give the Mods some ammo .. And look with what ! Is this a new hobby of collecting pics of dung ??!!

Last edited by condor : 2nd December 2008 at 15:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks