Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 19:21   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Not only do you manage to have the most amazing experiences, but you are doubly lucky to be able to write so well!

Honestly, I think you should expand beyond TBHP only because more people should feel the joy of your writing and enjoy your experiences. You really should collate all your experiences which you have recounted on TBHP into a single DOC file, edit it and keep it. You can then have something to show your children. And allow them to enjoy your experiences.

If you need any help with this 'project', let me know. I'm ready to help you.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:37   #137
BHPian

Amazing writeup Sam. Enjoyed every moment of it. Even though I knew it would be something simpler - like a fine or so -at the end, it was gripping till your "The End" statement.

I didnt explicitly post a +1 for other's request or ask for the next episode, but was eagerly checking the writeup along with mjothi's Thailand triplog.

Next leg of the race pls.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:46   #138
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Sam. Was stuck at home all day with a bad flu - this really lifted my spirits.

40 bucks for ruining an Alfa Romeo? I like! I should travel to Germany more often.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:08   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I was so angry with the Germans for making us go through all that nonsense
Samji, the "bigger party pays" rule is valid only in India.

And just imagine how disciplined our roads would have been, if our policemen insist that pedestrians pay up for damages they cause.

That said, I do not think it really was your fault. Time the wrecked Alfa was lying on the road was more than the time the Audi stood stationary after it hit your dad. And no other vehicle hit it. Obviously, it was a case of careless driving by the Alfa driver.

Quote:
that one day, amny years later I stole one of their best women and took her away to India.

3... 4... 5... (run out of the smiley limit!!!)
Old 10th March 2009, 22:15   #140
BHPian

Amazing write up ! I wish someday I would pick up such narrative skills.
The way conversations are woven inline with the story made this quite lively,IMHO.Thanks a ton for the treat and glad for the happy ending.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:36   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
I will comment more on that when the story is over.
I believe the story got completed earlier than expected. But nevertheless your comment is due.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:45   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I welcome alternate endings and imaginations. If anyone wants to hone, practice or show-off their story telling skills, I welcome it.

I have one happy ending.

I was so angry with the Germans for making us go through all that nonsense that one day, amny years later I stole one of their best women and took her away to India.
You asked for it. Here is the alternate ending:

Yeti lands at Police Station and finds his dad behind bars. Vows to get even with all who are responsible for putting his dad behind bars ( including himself) -- A La Sunny Deol with long hair and 4 left feet(what was that movie .... Jeet)

Goes fuming outside the station and finds the lady who had helped her earlier. She knew this dud(e) is not going anywhere without her help. She takes him to Bonn in her car where the Indian high Commission is based.

The Yeti is still mad at the on goings and to top it the Indian high commissioner gives him a cold shoulder and prefers to go with his wife for buying her a diamond necklace. The Yeti gives him a good big lecture on Indian losers like him who are giving his country a bad name and transforms the high commissioner. The high commissioner goes with them to the police station at Munich and gets an attorney of indian origin also to reach the station and get the Yeti's father released. The lady is impressed by the Yeti and the display of Indian " Bhaichara"( synonymous to Bhains ka chara ) She praises the senselessness of the Yeti and his style of dealing with such wierd situations.

The Yeti decides to return the favour of the good lady by taking her back to the Alfa male loverboy and re-uniting her with her fuming loser in a church in the presence of Jesus and asks them to hold each others hands till death does them apart.

Years later when Yeti is working for Jaipur Bilaspur local (JBL) bhopuwaale; he gets an opportunity to revisit Germany. He puts up a stall of his company in the Auto Show. One fine day when he is all by himself and gloomy a good looking girl(Jenny) walks up to him and introduces herself as the German representative of JBL and makes friends with the Yeti. As they chat up the Yeti falls head over heels for this girl and asks her out on a date. The girl signals to her elder sister and goes on a date. The elder sister is none other than the lady who had helped the yeti during his last visit to Munich. She and her husband ( the alfa male) wave at the younger sister as she makes an exit with the Yeti ( background music of Shehnai -- indicating that the Yeti has fallen hook line and sinker for the German girl )

end of the alternate story

please put your reviews for this alternate ending.

Sam -- i am not a good writer as yours to pen down my thoughts -- i have written in one flow and at one go. Do send bouquets\brickbats as applicable.

I am thinking of the following outcomes
  1. I am afraid of getting infracted for writing the above content
  2. I am sure not getting invited for Sam and Jenny wedding ( after my rambling above)
  3. Bye Bye team bhp -- agar zindagi rahi to kal mukka lat hogi ( translation -- if life is fair with me -- we will meet soon in this forum or elsewhere)
kpbhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2009, 22:56   #143
Senior - BHPian

SAM ji the wait makes the story all the more rivetting ! :-)
Old 10th March 2009, 23:01   #144
BHPian

Alpha Male

Sam, That was gripping.

For a moment, thought that you would end up posing a threat to the alfa male ( alpha male ). Teen Sammy all set to win the gentle one.

We should have a thread to upload pics like yours and have some fun. My wife has her dose of fun looking at my pic, bushy bristles i flaunted above my upper lip which i had 10 years back and i look older than today.

Guts ofcourse it takes!!
Old 10th March 2009, 23:57   #145
Senior - BHPian

Can't blame the guy in Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
...... Obviously, it was a case of careless driving by the Alfa driver. .....
It sure was, if "Gentle" was even half as pretty as Sam says she was - that guy would not have looked at the road for AGES!

Add pretty women to known traffic hazards . . .

Cheers,
Old 11th March 2009, 00:25   #146
Sar
BHPian

I logged in this evening to catch up on some reading, and came accross your blog. Read it all in one go, everyone's comments included. It was so infectious, the urgency with which they made you finish at superspeed. Great writing as usual Sam. Even though I haven't seen your father in years, I can just imagine him saying, we'll see what happens when we go to India! Totally enjoyable
Old 11th March 2009, 00:34   #147
Senior - BHPian

A Good end.
Waiting for : YetiBlog® Turns SinCityBlog®
Old 11th March 2009, 01:14   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

What to do when you find there is already ten pages of a new Yetiblog?

Well, I am ashamed to admit that I read straight through Sam's posts, leaving out most of the others <Blush> <-- (Moderators: Can I please have a blush smiley? Even if nobody else needs it, I promise to use it regularly!).

It's 1.15am now, and my local mosquitoes have been seeking their midnight snacks for a while. Sam's story was so gripping I barely noticed several bites!

Hmmm... I wonder if Sam's insurance would pay out for that!
Old 11th March 2009, 02:11   #149
Senior - BHPian

Sam mere bhai, listen to your fellow Bhpians for once. Publish your works. Your true vocation is writing, IMHO.

Welcome to Penguin Books India
Old 11th March 2009, 07:41   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What to do when you find there is already ten pages of a new Yetiblog?

Well, I am ashamed to admit that I read straight through Sam's posts, leaving out most of the others <Blush> <-- (Moderators: Can I please have a blush smiley? Even if nobody else needs it, I promise to use it regularly!).
LOL, I did exactly the same. It is very hard to wait for the next post and when you get a bonanza (lots of Yeti posts in one shot), you make the most of it.

Sam,

Thanks much for sharing this wonderful story. I hope you always keep writing yetiblog.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks