Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2020, 22:29   #826
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz with turbo petrol engine spotted undisguised

Guys,

I would like to share my dilemma in here for a friend. Dont know if this is a proper thread or not. Note to Admin: please delete and shift to the proper thread as you deem fit.

My best friends altroz was a day old as you can see from the pic the left panels both A and C pillar have suffered a considerable amount of scratches and dents since he was crusing at 60 km/hr and a tempo trax traveller brushed him on the old mumbai pune highway.

The situation here is although he had taken delivery of the car from the delivery it was on temp plates and was in the process of getting registered. The insurance was also under process. My question is should he get it repaired from his own pocket or should reason with the insurance company.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-f2dd517334054e0f8b9a4837f6ed1704.jpeg  

Need advice after Accident-0df00943ed3a41f89d1e09f11d665796.jpeg  

Need advice after Accident-aeda91d8aea94c71a5f608c695259bda.jpeg  

Need advice after Accident-32afb2ecc05b403c846a34ec4c27d4c7.jpeg  

Raulspace999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 22:50   #827
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulspace999 View Post
My best friends altroz was a day old as you can see from the pic the left panels both A and C pillar have suffered a considerable amount of scratches and dents.
Can you please ask him to share some close-up pictures of the pillars ? From these pictures, the damage seems to be only on the fenders, doors and quarter panel.

Quote:
The insurance was also under process.
By this, do you mean that he was driving with no insurance at all or did he have the cover note without the actual policy ? If he has the cover note, he will be saved.

Quote:
My question is should he get it repaired from his own pocket or should reason with the insurance company.
No policy means no cover and hence no compensation. Sadly, your friend has made a very costly mistake if the car was being driven without insurance and registration. It just takes a few hours to get an online policy these days, I wonder why he took such a big risk.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 06:38. Reason: Minor typo
OSH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 23:19   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulspace999 View Post
Guys,

My best friends altroz was a day old as you can see from the pic the left panels both A and C pillar have suffered a considerable amount of scratches and dents since he was crusing at 60 km/hr and a tempo trax traveller brushed him on the old mumbai pune highway.

The situation here is although he had taken delivery of the car from the delivery it was on temp plates and was in the process of getting registered. The insurance was also under process. My question is should he get it repaired from his own pocket or should reason with the insurance company.

Thanks!

I don't see any damage to A or C pillars. Only the doors, fender and quarter panel seems to have taken a hit as per the pictures.

Didn't your friend take a copy of insurance from Tempo trax driver? He can get it repaired through tempo's insurance using Tempo trax 3rd party. Ask your friend to file an FIR on tempo driver, as FIR is mandatory for claiming 3rd party insurance of the other party.

If he doesn't have any details regarding the tempo traveler, he should end up paying from his pocket. Or ask your friend to get it repaired through his insurance once it gets through after a month or two.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 06:35. Reason: Last sentence not needed any more
WhiteSierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 00:36   #829
BHPian

Advice sought on a good body shop in North Calcutta

Hi fellow BHPians,

Can anyone suggest a good body shop in North Calcutta preferably in the vicinity of Dumdum/Salt Lake/New Town/Kankurgachi localities?

I searched through different threads and while a lot of BHPians have recommended AV Designo in Taratala and I had even taken my car there for inspection, met the owner Mr. Daga and even agreed on a price, he has not got back to me with firm dates for the repair after saying he would, which betrays a certain lack of interest.

Hence having second thoughts about going back to him, plus it would also be easier for me if the FNG was closer to my residence.

My car is a Vista that is 7 and a half years old, has done 72k kms and has been niggle and trouble free since purchase. Unfortunately with the car ageing and mostly remaining parked outdoors, now one panel below the front left door has developed a hole from rusting and the left rear quarter panel also needs to be repaired from an injury sustained due to me backing into the garage door.

Have included pics of the damaged parts below. Would be grateful for any pointers on getting the damage repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-img_20201130_155548.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-img_20201130_155712.jpg  

Last edited by Neversaygbye : 12th December 2020 at 00:49. Reason: changed outside to outdoors
Old 12th December 2020, 05:39   #830
BHPian

Re: Advice sought on a good body shop in North Calcutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
Hi fellow BHPians,

Can anyone suggest a good body shop in North Calcutta preferably in the vicinity of Dumdum/Salt Lake/New Town/Kankurgachi localities?
You can search for some place on the app or website of gomechanic.in. Their reviews are good and prices are reasonable.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 12th December 2020 at 05:46.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 16:48   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
You can search for some place on the app or website of gomechanic.in. Their reviews are good and prices are reasonable.
Thank you Cessna182. I checked out the gomechanic site as per your advice and have left my mobile number for a call back. Prices seem quite reasonable so will probably get it done through them if everything works out.

Thanks once again.
Old 7th February 2021, 14:45   #832
BHPian

I scratched my car. How to get it removed?

Hello everyone,

Long story short. I scratched my car. It was my mistake. I wanted to reverse my car in a narrow alleyway and made an error in my judgement. There was a broken pipe jutting out and I scratched the lower part of the back door on the left. Please see the picture attached. I am beside myself for doing this to my new car. Is it possible at all to make this scratch go away? If so what is the best and trustworthy shop in Bangalore to get it done?
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-img_20210207_130713.jpg  

alphasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 19:58   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: I scratched my car. How to get it removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Long story short. I scratched my car...
Sorry to hear it. I have done so many times now, and have got over crying too much over it, although it still hurts my pride when it was me doing something silly.

Your car can certainly be restored to full glory. But you have to be prepared to pay. Is the metal dented? For denting and painting I pay 7k per panel, and it is the same at the dealer-service and at my local independent garage. A tinkering yard may well be cheaper, but if your car is new, you'll want to give it the best, using the right paints and stuff.

On one occasion, I did what I thought was quite serious damage to one door. VW service fixed it up for me, and I told them, "I have only complaint: you have made the door look better than the rest of the car!"

Don't worry: your car will look perfect again. But we can't avoid having our wallets remind us of what we did wrong.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 20:09   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Long story short. I scratched my car.

If so what is the best and trustworthy shop in Bangalore to get it done?
Getting to normal is very much possible, very easy. Just a matter of 3 days and 5k to 7k.

But do you think, once it is done, the car will remain scratch less for ever? In my view, it is not possible. It is just a matter of few days, months or years.

Yes it hurts. But, it is fact. if i were you, I would leave it as it is. Its a small scratch as I can see from the picture.

If you need best tinker and paint shop in South Bangalore, you can visit Sai colorium near Sarakki (JP Nagar 1st phase)

He does the job to perfection.

Last edited by gkveda : 7th February 2021 at 20:20.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 22:22   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sorry to hear it. I have done so many times now, and have got over crying too much over it, although it still hurts my pride when it was me doing something silly.

Your car can certainly be restored to full glory. But you have to be prepared to pay.

Don't worry: your car will look perfect again. But we can't avoid having our wallets remind us of what we did wrong.
Thank you for the reassurance. You are right. Our wallets are indeed constant reminders of our mistakes. It was just that is a new car, barely a week old. But it is comforting to know it can be fixed. But 7k..whoa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Getting to normal is very much possible, very easy. Just a matter of 3 days and 5k to 7k.

But do you think, once it is done, the car will remain scratch less for ever? In my view, it is not possible. It is just a matter of few days, months or years.

Yes it hurts. But, it is fact. if i were you, I would leave it as it is. Its a small scratch as I can see from the picture.

If you need best tinker and paint shop in South Bangalore, you can visit Sai colorium near Sarakki (JP Nagar 1st phase)

Thanks. I would leave it like that. But the scratch is deep, and there is a very small dent. Will this not cause a problem in future such as rusting in that place?

The tinker shop you mention, will the paint shop look like original with no over spray and stuff?

Somehow I feel that I destroyed the newness or whatever it is, that inexplicable thing. I am not new to cars nor am I new to dents. But first time it is on a very new car .
Old 8th February 2021, 03:25   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I would leave it like that. But the scratch is deep, and there is a very small dent. Will this not cause a problem in future such as rusting in that place?
If you have exposed bare metal, then best to get it done soon, or rust can turn your minor damage into real damage.
Quote:
Somehow I feel that I destroyed the newness or whatever it is, that inexplicable thing. I am not new to cars nor am I new to dents. But first time it is on a very new car .
On the bright side... Didn't you feel worried about that first scratch since you got your new car? You can relax now!

It is perfectly possible to paint a small area and feather it in with the surrounding paint, but here, I always seem to hear "We have to do the whole panel." Actually, maybe it is easier for them to do a whole panel: that feathering must be a fuss.

Go get a quote for it. Then you'll know where you stand. If you can, then get it done: you'll feel good about restoring the car.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 07:06   #837
BHPian

Quote:
It is perfectly possible to paint a small ar inea and feather it in with the surrounding paint, but here, I always seem to hear "We have to do the whole panel." Actually, maybe it is easier for them to do a whole panel: that feathering must be a fuss.

Go get a quote for it. Then you'll know where you stand. If you can, then get it done: you'll feel good about restoring the car.

Thanks. What would constitute the whole panel in this case? The scratch is in the bottom part of the rear door. The entire door is a panel here?
Old 8th February 2021, 08:03   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

Sai colorium is not that far from where I live. Have you ever got your car serviced there? any tips if I decide to take my car there?

Quote:
If you have exposed bare metal, then best to get it done soon, or rust can turn your minor damage into real damage.
On the bright side... Didn't you feel worried about that first scratch since you got your new car? You can relax now!

It is perfectly possible to paint a small area and feather it in with the surrounding paint, but here, I always seem to hear "We have to do the whole panel." Actually, maybe it is easier for them to do a whole panel: that feathering must be a fuss.

Yes. I am relaxed in a way . I will get a quote and see what they say.
Old 8th February 2021, 11:16   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sai colorium is not that far from where I live. Have you ever got your car serviced there? any tips if I decide to take my car there.
I have got my santro door dent removal and repainting done from them. They are really good.

You can search for SAI COLORIUM in TBhp site and get reviews as well.

Members here have appreciate their job as well.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 13:23   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
Hi fellow BHPians,

Seva Mechanic Bodyshop near Chinar Park. Call at 8697888899. Run by an old man. Have seen lots of cars under repair in their premises, some of them expensive ones too. Secured workshop with gates and all.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks