Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 16:09   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz with turbo petrol engine spotted undisguised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulspace999 View Post
The situation here is although he had taken delivery of the car from the delivery it was on temp plates and was in the process of getting registered. The insurance was also under process. My question is should he get it repaired from his own pocket or should reason with the insurance company.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks!
If he has taken insurance from the dealership, then perhaps a off the record talk with the sales executive who sold him the car, might help.
Old 11th February 2021, 23:28   #842
BHPian

Re: Advice sought on a good body shop in North Calcutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Seva Mechanic Bodyshop near Chinar Park. Call at 8697888899. Run by an old man. Have seen lots of cars under repair in their premises, some of them expensive ones too. Secured workshop with gates and all.
Thank you stallmaster. I eventually got the body work done at Adrich Automobiles opposite Diamond Plaza and they have done a pretty decent job.

Would have checked out Seva had I got your message earlier. Will keep them in mind for the next time (and I'm sure that there will be a next time with the way traffic is in Calcutta )
Neversaygbye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 21:08   #843
BANNED

Getting rear ended in your favorite car at an unknown place

I was driving to Trichy from Krishnagiri on 8th Feb 2021. I was travelling alone, that why I preferred a day time journey. In the morning, around 11.30 AM I started from Krishnagiri. The Krishnagiri - Salem drive was, as usual, without any issues and a lot of lorry traffic. Salem - Namakkal was also as usual, as most of traffic meant for Coimbatore gets diverted from Salem. On reaching Namakkal, you have to enter into the city to take the Trichy road. There was a hell of lot of traffic on the Salem road itself. I was literally crawling. It took me nearly 30 to 45 minutes to reach near the bus stand signal. Thereafter, it started moving at around 40 to 50 km/h. Ahead, there were around 4 to 5 cars, all of which came to sudden stop. A moron on a 2 wheeler had abruptly taken a U-turn.

In front of me was a Kwid with a TN 49 registration.

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210208-2.56.39-pm.jpeg

3 feet gap was the between me and him. On stopping, there was a sudden jerk. I found my Punto was touching the Kwid. I came out to find that a Tavera taxi had rear ended me.

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210208-2.56.38-pm.jpeg

I came out and asked the driver, if he was not capable of stopping the car he was driving at good speeds. His reply was, it has happened, take care of your car and let me take care of mine. I demanded he had to compensate, because it was no fault of mine and I had got damage to the front as well as the rear.

He called some nearby taxi drivers and around 15 to 20 gathered and started abusing and handling me physically. I was frantically calling a local contact and even while trying to reach him, they started gheraoing me.

The local contact reached me, but, he too was helpless. I had to leave the place with a heavy heart.

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210208-3.17.50-pm.jpeg

During the mess, one particular driver was very arrogant. I have posted his image with his Swift Dzire car. He was saying
1. In the motor industry only a bully can survive.
2. Why the hell did you stopped your car by applying the brakes. You should have kept moving and then no mishap would have happened.
3. We are not bothered about you and the car in front.
4. Go to hell. Why did you let the car in front to leave? You should have collected the damages from the vehicle in the front because he applied the brakes.

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210212-8.41.32-pm.jpeg

My question to him - You are using crap tyres and you are unable to stop your vehicle by applying brakes. Then why you are driving so fast? He was not hearing whatever I spoke.

Today, on 12th Feb 2021, I gave my car for repairs and found that rear spare wheel storage space too has been dented. I don’t know what the bill will be. Just while returning, I checked with True Sai Salem, where I carry out most of the mechanical and parts replacement activities. He quoted 15 K or more for the repairs. It will take 7 to 12 days for the work.

I have given it in Krishnagiri itself for repair today to an known person. Will update the status in a day or two.
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210208-3.17.36-pm-1.jpeg  

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210208-3.17.36-pm-2.jpeg  

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210208-3.17.36-pm-3.jpeg  

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210208-3.17.36-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Aditya : 12th February 2021 at 22:58. Reason: Typos, language, spacing and more
accentgiri is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th February 2021, 21:48   #844
BHPian

re: Getting rear ended in your favorite car at an unknown place

Hi
Glad to know this is a minor accident and nothing untoward happened to you. Though you are not at fault and did the right thing there is no point in trying to prove whose right with the locals and especially the cab drivers. You cannot expect these subset of people to be responsible or law abiding. Asking them to foot the bill is sacrilege in their eyes. Forget this incident and as long it's serviceable and you are not hurt move one.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 22:32   #845
Senior - BHPian

re: Getting rear ended in your favorite car at an unknown place

Same thing happened to my son while he was driving was rear ended by a cab and his Grand i10 had the front and back bumpers damaged had to shell out 30K for the damages. He was driving around with his wife was recently married so didn't pick up any argument and he was leaving abroad for his honey moon so didn't want to spoil the mood. It's no use picking up an argument. You will loose your peace of mind. My Elantra was T boned for no fault of mine a cabby was talking on his phone and rammed me just the day before I was to leave abroad and I had to shell out 35k for the damages. All these happen.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 23:17   #846
BHPian

Re: Getting rear ended in your favorite car at an unknown place

Never we can get any money out from a cabbie; If we have the time and energy, we can carryout a duel but most of the time they escape from us because they don't have anything to lose

I'm happy that nothing major happened to you and the car, it is all repairable. Mostly, for my cars I prefer a FNG for body works.
Old 13th February 2021, 09:51   #847
BANNED

This is my third time I am getting rear ended in my driving history for more that 30 years... My family feels that my driving style should change, while travelling within the city I have to ensure the vehicle following me is aggressive, I have to give way, so let he shall move ahead of me... Hope I have to be cautious hereafter. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HEM View Post
I'm happy that nothing major happened to you and the car, it is all repairable. Mostly, for my cars I prefer a FNG for body works.
I have given to a FNG near me, who takes up modification of Bolero and restoration of old vehicles... Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 14th February 2021 at 04:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 13th February 2021, 10:16   #848
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your incident, and glad that you are safe.

I have had a couple of similar incidents previously - the vehicle in front of me braked suddenly, and I braked too and avoided touching the vehicle in front of me, but, the vehicle behind me rear ended my car.
In one incident, it was a cab that rear ended me, and in the second incident, it was a college going student, who was driving the car under the influence of alcohol.
In the first incident, I had filed an FIR, but, nothing came out of it. In the second case, the student sweet talked me saying he'll pay for the repairs, but, thereafter never picked up my calls and nothing came out of it either.
In both cases, I got the car repaired out of my insurance, put the incidents behind me and moved on.

Not the best outcome, but, there's little that can be done in such cases, and I have learned over the years to take these in stride and move on with life, and claiming what's allowed from my insurance for the repairs. Make sure you always take comprehensive insurance to cover for such incidents.

Take care.
Old 13th February 2021, 10:45   #849
BHPian

One word: Insurance

Roll back to 2011, when I was working in Chennai. I was driving to work one day, following a jeep. Suddenly the jeep applied his brakes and before I noticed and applied mine, it was already too late. My WagonR had rear ended him.

Both of us got down and inspected the damage. For him it was zero. Fortunately for me, my vehicle had collided his spare tyre which was mounted on the tail gate. However my bonnet had taken quite a hit and was misshapen. We had been driving through a crowded area at slow speeds but still it was obvious my wallet would be hurt.

Since I was the one who had collided into him, I apologised and asked why had he applied his brakes all of a sudden. The reason: A cow had decided to cross the road in front of him, oblivious to all traffic.

I took my car to the authorised Maruti dealer and explained the situation. He inspected the damage, and assured me it would be covered under insurance. A few days for the insurance inspector to visit, asses the damage and approve the claim and I drove off with a brand new bonnet.
No FIR, complaint, statement (from the jeep guy or the cow) required.
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 11:13   #850
Senior - BHPian

Why specific to "unknown place"? If I get rear-ended by a cab even in Bangalore where I live, I still grin and bear it. The risks associated with getting into an argument with the cabbies in the middle of the road is way too high in my opinion. I just let my insurance take care of it (or if the NCB is high enough, pay out of pocket and call it a part of car TCO).
Old 13th February 2021, 13:42   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Few days back I was stuck in a traffic jam on ORR, apparently same case of rear ending and people fighting. They literally were trading blows, such a sorry state to see. I was with my family and my son sitting in rear seat was shocked, and started crying. My wife had to go sit at rear with the poor kid and console him. It could have similarly turned ugly for you, specially when they were ganging up, good you came out.

So much anger these days on roads and everywhere, my take is no point arguing over these things, it’s road things happen. Use insurance if heavy damage, if minor just smile over it.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 15:57   #852
BANNED

As of today morning my vehicle at FNG in Krishnagiri

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210213-12.13.09-pm.jpeg

Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20210213-12.12.59-pm.jpeg

Hope it will take another 2 working days, most probably I will receive it on 17th Feb 2021.
accentgiri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:20   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accentgiri View Post
As of today morning my vehicle at FNG in Krishnagiri

Hope it will take another 2 working days, most probably I will receive it on 17th Feb 2021.
Hello Giri, its an unfortunate accident. Its no surprise regarding the behavior of the Cabbies. Happened with me many times at unknown territories. I would only think about moving out of that place ASAP instead of arguing with them.

Hope, your (my erstwhile Punto ) car is restored to its glory and back to the roads soon.
Old 20th February 2021, 13:48   #854
BHPian

Re: Need advice after Accident

It's India and we should be ready to shell out money of our own or claim from insurance at the risk of increased premiums for no fault of ours.

It comes with the car ownership here and I always advise new car owners to be mentally and financially prepared to let go of such incidents.

Worst is, if one is not a bully or literally not ready to trade blows, one might even have to pay up for damages one didn't cause. That's the way it is and we call ourselves a civilized society. One of my friend's brother was severely beaten up during one such minor incident and he completely gave up driving because of that and he still gets chills when he crosses that place on the road. Law took its time and nothing meaningful happened.

My practice always has been to walk away healthy and dignified even if at the cost of losing some money.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 20th February 2021 at 13:49.
Old 30th May 2021, 15:36   #855

Car met with a minor accident, in a peculiar predicament since 20 days.

Hello folks,

I hope everybody is safe and doing well in these trying times. The point of this post is to solicit advice from you experienced motorheads because I'm fairly new to the scene and in a sticky wicket currently.

A brief timeline of events might help summarize my issue.

May 9, 8:30 PM

Just done with my duty at the hospital (coincidentally my last day as I had quit to focus on my PG entrance exams) and totally wiped out, I was removing my car, a Ford Ecosport, when I hit a low lying tree stump (approximately a foot tall) owing to the poor lighting conditions in the parking space and a tad bit my inexperience too, the impact of the collision resulted in the lower end of the bumper pushed inwards sticking to the right front wheel which hampered any turning of the vehicle.

Given the condition, I call up RSA and they respond saying a towing vehicle could only be sent the next morning as a result of the partial lockdown guidelines. Apprehensive about the safety of the vehicle at the hospital premises, I decide to drive the car to my friends place a couple kilometers away at a very low speed and call it a day.

May 10, 11:30 am

The towing vehicle did arrive and after completing the formalities they tow the vehicle to the only service center in my town. An hour later, the towing guy calls me to notify the vehicle being dropped off, made me speak to the security guard at the service center who said he would have the vehicle parked in the workshop.

I file an insurance claim over the phone in the next hour so as to not create any other hassles. I then speak to the service manager who says any and all work would be done after the lockdown and that another advisor would keep me apprised, I ring up the other advisor and he gives me verbal confirmation of the car being present at the workshop.

I contact the service manager again and ask for acknowledgement (written) of receipt of vehicle and the condition it was received in, to which he repeatedly stated that he cannot do so until lock-down ends.
I then email Ford India about the same and their reply was along similar lines, however after a little back and forth they did acknowledge in their email that the RSA delivered the vehicle to the service station, however no information about the condition the vehicle was received was given.
Adding to my woes, this was the first day (10th May) of the full lockdown in my state, Karnataka with the current lockdown extending upto 7th June.

Now that I've laid the situation out, I need advice on a few queries of mine.

1. I do understand that no work on my car can be done during a lockdown and I have no qualms with that,
and I've communicated the same to Ford India through email, however I did ask them a few questions as to

A. Why I wasn't informed that I wouldn't receive any acknowledgment regarding the condition the car was received in?

B. If the dealership was closed, who received my vehicle and who has the keys to my vehicle?

C. If the condition of the vehicle is altered/further damaged whilst in the workshop, who would be liable for the same?

Surprise surprise, Ford India dodged all those questions like Neo in the matrix!!!

Is there any way I can ensure that my car isn't messed with? It's already been twenty days since it's been in the workshop and it's a pretty new car too.

2. It occurred to me that I could get it repaired in a neighborhood garage given the damage isn't extensive, however i fear any future warranty/insurance claims might be voided/hampered because the car was worked upon in an unauthorized workshop.

3. Also, I might need the car soon to visit my ailing grandpa, which is another reason I want to get it
atleast partially fixed and get the full repair done later, but that would again be an issue with the insurance/warranty?

Pictures for reference -

Need advice after Accident-img_20210530_152716.jpg

Need advice after Accident-img_20210530_152731.jpg

Need advice after Accident-img_20210530_152800.jpg

Need advice after Accident-img_20210530_152825.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th May 2021 at 17:36. Reason: Format edited for better reading
skillerpal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks