Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 19:12   #706
BANNED

Re: Repair after accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Don't take me wrong, but none of us will be willing to put a price to your life and limb with a car that has smashed to its bare bones.

Please reconsider your decision and go for a new car.
I completely agree..thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 23:37   #707
BHPian

Re: Need advice after Accident

Advice needed for a friend who is not on team bhp:

Quote:
I met with an accident with my Honda Brio car on 23rd July, my jeans got stuck in the accelrator pedal and the car drifted out of control and swiped a BMW and a chevrolet beat. Thankfully, no injuries to anyone. Both the car owners were real gentleman and we sat down, spoke and settled peacefully.

While I thought the worst is over, the ordeal with Capital honda in Chennai had just begun.

I towed my car to Capital honda, which was the nearest dealership. The first thing they told me is that they need a police compliant to start working on the car. I wonder why they need a police compliant when there is no third party claim involved in the whole case. I have seen several friends of mine claiming insurance on the car without any FIR.

I have a Honda Assure that is provided by National Insurance. Mr. Raj conveniently chooses to call it National Insurance now and never mentions it as Honda assure. He told me that National Insurance wont start work without FIR. What is even unsettling to me is Raj's rude tone on every call as if he is doing my repair for free and I am at his mercy.

Also, First the insurance surveyor told me that they need an FIR because the estimate would be above 1 lac. However, the estimate came to 70k. Yet FIR is still being mandated by the insurance guys.

Now I want to get my car out and take it to Olympia Honda who seem to be more cooperative. But I need to pay up 5% of the total estimation as penalty to even take my car out of capital Honda. I signed a document agreeing to pay 5% when the accident happened, because they wont allow my car without signing it. I was already nervous after the accident and I had nowhere else to go other than capital honda. "
Team, any inputs? First, is it really mandatory to file an FIR in such cases. And two, I do think it is unfair of Capital Honda to charge 5% of estimation to just take the car out.
Old 5th August 2017, 01:06   #708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it is unfair of Capital Honda to charge 5% of estimation to just take the car out.
Most dealership will charge a fee for an estimate if you don't go ahead with repairs particularly in the case of an accident or some major engine work. National Insurance guys are normally supportive and your friend can probably speak directly to the branch where this policy was issued, Honda Assure will ensure that it's a cashless claim. FIR is not mandatory to best of my knowledge but you will get a correct answer from National. If they do need it then taking it to Olympia won't help either. So my advice will be to get in touch with National guys and if Capital is just playing smart, pay them 5 % which is 3500-4000 and shot off a mail to Honda, I am sure Olympia guys will try to support your friend by some discounts or services part or total of this 5 %.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 02:01   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post

Team, any inputs? First, is it really mandatory to file an FIR in such cases. And two, I do think it is unfair of Capital Honda to charge 5% of estimation to just take the car out.
FIR and spot survey are not mandatory in case of incidents involving personal vehicles where no third party is involved. However, I hope your friend has pictures of the accident just in case.
But in this case your friend can give an affidavit stating that if any liabilities occur due to third party claims he will be responsible for it. Further if possible he can present the affidavits of third parties involved stating that they will not make any claims. This should be enough to get things moving again.
Although a claim cannot be denied on the bases of not registering a FIR. I knew it because I won a legal suit against the New India Assurance though it took 3 long years.
There is even a clause in the insurance policy that states that FIR and spot survey are not mandatory for personal vehicles.

Last edited by wrongturn : 5th August 2017 at 02:13.
wrongturn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 06:50   #710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post

FIR is not required and even if you try to file a FIR for such accidents with no injuries, police will give you a incident report only and not FIR.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 08:45   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
FIR is not required and even if you try to file a FIR for such accidents with no injuries, police will give you a incident report only and not FIR.
Get the incident report (aka general diary / CSR). The police are not going to take further action on the matter as there was no loss of life and the parties compounded with each other that is mutually agreed to bear their own damage costs. If the insurance needs a piece of paper with a police stamp and seal no harm giving it to them.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 14:16   #712
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai xcent rear ended - repair estimate and insurance claim

I am not sure whether to post this here, in the Insurance (ask me) section or the xcent official review forum.
Xcent got rear ended a couple of days ago. Initially thought that it was only bumper damage, but I returned home to find the boot also damaged. The boot would not close.
Gave it to the Hyundai workshop and as expected they have given a big estimate. I'm most likely going the insurance claim way as getting some tinkering etc done at my own expense may not be a good solution for this damage.
Attaching pics of the estimate and the bumper damage:
Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20171129-14.08.26.jpeg
Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20171129-14.08.262.jpeg
Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20171129-14.08.263.jpeg
Need advice after Accident-whatsapp-image-20171129-14.08.264.jpeg
Need advice after Accident-screen-shot-20171129-2.12.38-pm.png
Need advice after Accident-screen-shot-20171129-2.12.54-pm.png
1. Is it worth trying to get the job done with some tinkering and just making it functional and keeping the personal cost to less than 5000 Rs.
2. Will a nil depreciation insurance mean more than 1000-2000 Rs cost to me?
I am with Royal Sundaram for Insurance
Unfortunately they don't have a cashless tie up with Jains Hyundai. How long does the reimbursement process usually take and will I know the exact out of pocket expense before I approve it?
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 14:21   #713
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai xcent rear ended - repair estimate and insurance claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
1. Is it worth trying to get the job done with some tinkering and just making it functional and keeping the personal cost to less than 5000 Rs.
I'd recommend not; no upside to this. The locking mechanism looks damaged so I don't think tinkering can solve this; at least enough to make the boot perform flawlessly. Bumper can't be tinkered, based on the damage.

Quote:
2. Will a nil depreciation insurance mean more than 1000-2000 Rs cost to me?
Yes. With a 0-dep policy, you'd end up spending at most 3k ish.

Quote:
I am with Royal Sundaram for Insurance
Unfortunately they don't have a cashless tie up with Jains Hyundai. How long does the reimbursement process usually take and will I know the exact out of pocket expense before I approve it?
Not sure about RS but faced a similar issue with New India Assurance. Claim was reimbursed within two weeks.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 15:34   #714
BHPian

What is DICKY Glass Assembly?
aerohit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 17:00   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Xcent got rear ended a couple of days ago. Initially thought that it was only bumper damage, but I returned home to find the boot also damaged. The boot would not close.
Did you lift the spare wheel to check if the structure is intact? In my case, there was a slight bend in the boot floor too.

Also, HASS repainted the boot door and bumper (black) but the paint job was really shoddy. Ensure that your service centre has the ability to properly cure and bake the paint.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 18:18   #716
Senior - BHPian

Is it me or is that labour cost on the higher side?
Old 29th November 2017, 19:52   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Is it me or is that labour cost on the higher side?
Labour cost is indeed on a higher side. Have you got the car checked at an alternate Hyundai workshop or a good FNG. IMO, the bumper seems Okish but you can decide whether you want to replace it. Since the hit is mainly on the locking mechanism metal part, I think repairing that only would be far lesser than the estimate. You definitely need to take a second opinion.

Since you have zero dep add on, the compulsory deduction of 1K and the consumable costs would have to be borne by you. Although RS is a reputed Insurance co and would clear the claims, I would still advise to visit a cashless workshop.
Old 29th November 2017, 20:29   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

The rear structure which holds the door latch seems to have been pushed in which isnt letting the boot close. But a jugaad way will be too crude, that is by pulling back the member to its place. Hence, its better to get a new panel welded. But what I dont understand is why on earth the ASC wants to go all the way to replacing the rear glass and some wiring harness. Does that mean they will cut and weld the whole rearside of the car? Please ask them to demonstrate which all parts they will be replacing, especially the body panels. I dont think the crash would have led to deformation all the way till the rear glass and surroundings.

Also, like mentioned by others, please ensure that all the inner parts in the wheel well, boot are welded and painted properly. Else, you will face issues with water seepage or rusting.
Old 29th November 2017, 20:53   #719
BHPian

Oh dear. Same thing happened to me exactly a year ago. Same car, same rear ending. Far worse damage.

I had to take it to Lakshmi Hyundai (terrible service) as that was the nearest place. Outrageous estimate of costs. Same problem with insurance - my New India policy was not valid for cashless facility.

As the costs were very high, I had no option but to claim insurance. I had to pay and it took more than a month, complete with yelling and shouting, for the money to be reimbursed back. Lost my years of no claim as a result. And I couldn't find out how much would be the cost I would have to shell out of the pocket, despite trying vigorously.

All the parts in your estimate were used for me and all your costs are higher by 15% as compared to last year. Here is what I paid for your parts. I've given your estimate next to it as comparison for the more costly items.

Rail RR Bumper - Rs 871 now Rs 999
Hinge Assbly Trunk Lid - Rs 2049 now Rs 2348
Panel Assbly Trunk Lid - Rs 2880 now Rs 3299
Panel Assbly Back - Rs 2491 now Rs 2853
W /Strip - Trunk Lid Opg - Rs 851 now Rs 1096
Wiring Harness BWS Ext Rs 1745 now Rs 1999
Cover RR Bumper - Rs 1920 now Rs 2199

Look at the price increase in a year on already high priced parts. Standard 14.5% hike across the board, except curiously that for decorating your trunk opening you have to pay 28% extra. At this rate, if you list out the price of all the parts for the entire car, I bet it will be 5X of the car price !

Last edited by Secretariat : 29th November 2017 at 20:56.
Secretariat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 07:42   #720
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all you your inputs.
Yes, the damage is more than I imagined. I am sure that the estimate is much higher than is needed. The surveyor will see the vehicle and approve.
Based on what your all have said, I will question the exact work that is being done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks