Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2013, 08:54   #226
BHPian

I had opportunity to help someone involved in an accident twice, both the times i just made sure that he reached the hospital and then left without making noise. I generally get another samaritan from the accident spot to accompany the injured in my vehicle and after reaching the hospital i dont just move away from my vehicle, the moment injured is stretchered out into the hospital i just move out with the vehicle in the pretext of going to the parking. One thing i do make sure is to get some details of the individual accompanying the injured from the accident spot, just in case someone tries to get me into a loop later he is the one who can be your savior, of course i never share my details to anyone. With these precautions in place one can still be a good citizen.
Old 8th March 2013, 09:52   #227
BHPian

Re: Need advice after Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
One thing i do make sure is to get some details of the individual accompanying the injured from the accident spot, just in case someone tries to get me into a loop later he is the one who can be your savior,
With the way i have burnt my fingers, i still have my doubts on this. What if the same so called savior turns hostile. For e.g. in my case, the other biker, who helped me reach the hospital, had confirmed that he would stand by me, just in case, someone tries to plant me as the accused. I had initiated this with him on my way to the hospital coz the injured biker had already misunderstood me once to be the person who caused this mess and i had a hard time convincing my credentials with the help of some local onlookers. Somehow I had a hunch of the ill-intentions of the biker. But i still persisted to see that he gets the required medical attention. However, when the other biker and the injured biker were left alone while i managed the form and other formalities, the other biker had vanished. The ward boy later told me that the injured biker had pleaded the other biker to either support his version or to leave immediately since he had suffered major loss to his bike and would need some one to foot the bill i.e. me. And that good Samaritan chose to be good to the injured biker instead of standing by the truth i.e. he fled away with practically no one to support my version.

Quote:
of course i never share my details to anyone.
They only need the vehicle number to quote and that is available readily without you sharing it with anyone and that is where my fear stems from. What do you do if someone wrongly reports your vehicle number as the one responsible for his/her misfortune on road?

Quote:
With these precautions in place one can still be a good citizen.
this way, even i have been of help a couple times i.e. i reached the ill-fated spot a few moments later and could be of help. But this time around, mine was one of the vehicle with whom the biker's bike had banged from rear and i still offered for help. Now how do you clarify + substantiate your stand in such a case?
Old 8th March 2013, 12:38   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo222 View Post
With the way i have burnt my fingers, i still have my doubts on this. What if the same so called savior turns hostile. For e.g. in my case, the other biker, who helped me reach the hospital, had confirmed that he would stand by me, just in case, someone tries to plant me as the accused. I had initiated this with him on my way to the hospital.
You ahould have taken clear details of that individual so that you could have got back to him later for clarifications by which even his vanishing wouldn't have made much difference, of course it may not be possible to that extent. The only mistake you did is by staying back, after having reached hospital knowing the other guy is getting medical attention you should have just vanished. Noting down number and getting back to you means it is on the other individual to prove that you were present there at the accident site, legally it is very difficult to prove, as anyone can just rattle out a vehicle number, same as that happened to you the other guy also needs witnesses to prove his case.
Old 21st March 2013, 12:10   #229
BHPian

Need advice after Accident

Hi All,

With great pain in my heart, Iam writing this thread to request my fellow BHPians to provide suggestions!

The incident happened near the Lakdi-kal-pul flyover.
An RTC bus just hit the rear left of my car and it has damaged the bumper and my left door. There is a big dent covering the bumper and left door. As it was peak traffic time, I was asked by the traffic police to move ahead to the police station whic was 100 meters ahead and lodge a complaint.
I had no option but to move ahead as there was heavy traffic moving and it already got jammed for few minutes because of me stopping my car on the road and speaking to the driver.
As I moved to the police station, the bus slipped from my hands.
I lodged a complaint against the bus and the driver.
Would I be able to claim any compensation for the damages?
Or should i take the case to the court and meanwhile get my car repaired by claiming the insurance?
Please suggest.

Regards
CrankShaft
Old 21st March 2013, 12:23   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post
Would I be able to claim any compensation for the damages? Or should i take the case to the court and meanwhile get my car repaired by claiming the insurance?
Really sorry to hear about the incident.

Claiming compensation directly will not work.

Take your vehicle to the garage and ask him for a estimate. If the estimate is very less, claiming Insurance would not be ideal.

If otherwise, ask the insurance wala to pay for it. If necessary obtain a FIR from the police station in charge of the jurisdiction where the accident happened.
Old 21st March 2013, 14:40   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Really sorry to hear about the incident.

Claiming compensation directly will not work.

Take your vehicle to the garage and ask him for a estimate. If the estimate is very less, claiming Insurance would not be ideal.

If otherwise, ask the insurance wala to pay for it. If necessary obtain a FIR from the police station in charge of the jurisdiction where the accident happened.
Thanks Warwithwheels for your valuable suggestions!

I have taken my car to 3 places - Carz(Gachibowli) and Bhuvan's(Jubilee Hills Rd 45) and Cyber Motors on Durgam Cheruvu Road. I went to Kun Chevy as well but they are closed due to certain issues going on internally at their workshop.

I have almost decided on Carz. Their quotation is 22k without insurance and 8k with insurance claim. The rear bumper would be replaced and denting, paiting work would be done for door and quarter panel.

I would leave my car at their workshop tomorrow. meanwhile, please let me know if you can suggest a better option.

Thanks again
CrankShaft

Last edited by CrankShaft05 : 21st March 2013 at 14:41.
Old 22nd March 2013, 03:02   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankShaft05 View Post

I would leave my car at their workshop tomorrow. meanwhile, please let me know if you can suggest a better option.

Thanks again
CrankShaft
Getting compensation from the RTC is very difficult mate. Had you got down details of the bus like the bus number, driver name and batch number, or got the driver down to the police station and filed an FIR, you could claim from the RTC by lodging a complaint at the driver's home depot. Now unfortunately he is scot free.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:02   #233
BHPian

My i20 was hit by MTC Bus - Need advise on repair

I was cruising along the Taramani road from Vijayanagar Junction. When crossing Baby Nagar, MTC bus was dangerously overtaking on my left side even in that heavy traffic where everybody was inching. I moved to my right so he can.

Suddenly he was speeding and hit my i20 back and scratched it and went away. Chased him, went to infront of him and asked him stop by slowing down, he didn't and hit i20 right side again.

The excuse, I was giving hard time to him as I was inching very slowly by breaking often and he is a heart patient..

I took pictures using my phone, also the driver (not sharing here as I don't want to post his face in public forum).

Please check the pictures and let me know how can I fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice after Accident-img_20130322_103347.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-img_20130322_103356.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-img_20130322_103455.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-img_20130322_103504.jpg  

Need advice after Accident-img_20130322_103518.jpg  

Last edited by carbhp : 22nd March 2013 at 12:03.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:13   #234
BHPian

Re: My i20 was hit by MTC Bus - Need advise on repair

Wow he hit you first and hit you again on purpose!

These bus drivers are like terrorists who injure and kill people at will and get away with it. He is a heart patient and may be that's why he tries to give other people heart attacks by intimidating them.

I hope you have complained with cops as this can be charged with hit and run and assault. I hope you have complained to MTC also.

As for damages I dont think you have an option but to claim insurance, lose your NCB and pay the difference.

I know accidents happen and on bad days we just have to let go but for such behavior?
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:16   #235
Senior - BHPian

As I heard, you have to complaint with The Bus Depot Manager and claim for the damages. Hope, your Photo and the Driver words might help you to prove from your end.
Probably you may get some amount from the Depot Manager after some months.
Check it in Police Station too and FIR is needed, Just go for it.
Definitely we have to teach a Lesson to the ridiculous MTC Driver.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 22nd March 2013 at 12:18.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:19   #236
BHPian

A good place to lodge a complaint: http://www.mtcbus.org/Suggestions.asp
If he hit you on purpose the second time, you should complain.
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:29   #237
BHPian

MTC buses are not insured. To get compensation from MTC you have to file a case and you may get some money after a decade. Forget the unfortunate episode, get it repaired under your insurance for which no FIR is required. You may have to give an undertaking that no third party claim is involved and you will indemnify the insurance company if any such claim arises. It is a waste of time and effort to try and get compensation from MTC
raju2512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:38   #238
BHPian

I filed the complaint, but the sites shows no feedback that they accepted or with some reference no.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:58   #239
Senior - BHPian

That's rowdy behavior from the MTC moron. Very unfortunate.

I always keep a check when one of these tin boxes are around.
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:26   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
Chased him, went to infront of him and asked him stop by slowing down, he didn't and hit i20 right side again.
This could have been avoided. Sometimes, the 'chase' can cause more problems than what originally happened.

Kindly note that I am not siding with the MTC driver, i am only blaming the road manners and the law enforcement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks