Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:44   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: My i20 was hit by MTC Bus - Need advise on repair

Thats a lot of hit, the repairs I guess will be heavy. Claiming to be a heart patient does not give the driver a right to rush nor force other vehicles to give away. Bringing it to the attention of MTC authorities is the only way out, sadly. You need to physically accost a few higher authorities to get your plight heard.

Looking at the damage, I guess the rear bumper will need replacement and denting/painting of the doors and C pillar.
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:08   #242
Senior - BHPian

However disheartening and sad the situation looks, be ready to face some hard facts.

1. You can go on through all concerned offices to file your plight and get justice to yourself to gain your mental peace as well as get such cases highlighted to right authorities to address the issue.

Now, this is a far-fetched thing realistically. No one know how long it is going to take and what it will entail. So be ready for heavy legwork if you must achieve your inner peace that way.

Indirectly, you will also be setting a right example with the hope that something like this does not happen with others, if it really boils down to some action on part of the respective authorities.

2. Firstly, you shouldn't have taken it too hard at first strike only. Consider lesson learnt hard way to keep your mind cool whatever happens in the traffic and always try your best to coolly avoid anything that can be even if it means taking a hit of giving others the way be in hurry or not. I see you tried your best, but you did loose your mind in causing the second unnecessary damage thereby landing you into more claim issues. A driver should learn this coolness. You cannot help such situations, pretty common in Mumbai, Pune where autos, trucks, buses just drive carelessly and cause unnecessary damage.

3. Question now comes of getting damage repaired. Go and discuss with your Service Center B&P/Insurance adviser first. Generally, it is difficult to convince both side damage in this way to insurer. So they are your best guide. The story that you tell here, even if true, may not work out with insurers as they will say when you got damaged first, it was your mistake to have followed him and got into another damage.

My guess is, the advisers will happily work out a solution for you if you have been/be nice to them. Everybody helps at the end of the day if we act nicely.

I remember some B&P/insurance adviser advising things like "a tempo scrapped from left side and I tried to avoid it by braking hard and shifting to right but got bumped by close truck/bus/bike behind on right side damaging so and so parts etc...." to put down into claim form.

So atleast now, work your way around coolly. There is always some solution to such problems.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 18:07   #243
BHPian

Re: Need advice after Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Getting compensation from the RTC is very difficult mate. Had you got down details of the bus like the bus number, driver name and batch number, or got the driver down to the police station and filed an FIR, you could claim from the RTC by lodging a complaint at the driver's home depot. Now unfortunately he is scot free.
I actually wanted to get hold of the driver and take him to the polic station, but the traffic cops at that junction forced me to take my car ahead and lodge a complaint at the police station. They were more concerned about clearing the traffic as it was during peak traffic hours (09:45 AM). I tried speaking to them but was forced to oblige and had to move ahead and thats when the bus driver slipped.

I spoke to the area Sub-Inspector today and he suggested I cliam insurance and they can give an FIR against the bus driver and APSRTC. He was good enough in asking the constable to go to the bus depot, get hold of the driver and getting him to the station. But an advice that he gave was that the driver has to be left free as he would not be in a position to pay for the damages and even we would feel pity on him after a discussion.
The inspector even cursed the APSRTC drivers for their rash driving and sggested me to be more carefully while driving.
So the next steps for me - Leave my car at the workshop on Monday as the surveyer is not available till Monday and get my car back to normal stage.
Damages would be 8k after claiming insurance

Last edited by CrankShaft05 : 22nd March 2013 at 18:17.
CrankShaft05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 08:17   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
However disheartening and sad the situation looks, be ready to face some hard facts.

1. You can go on through all concerned offices to file your plight and get justice to yourself to gain your mental peace as well as get such cases highlighted to right authorities to address the issue.

Now, this is a far-fetched thing realistically. No one know how long it is going to take and what it will entail. So be ready for heavy legwork if you must achieve your inner peace that way.

Indirectly, you will also be setting a right example with the hope that something like this does not happen with others, if it really boils down to some action on part of the respective authorities.
Honestly, I dont have that much patience. I tried to call them up and complain couldn't as they just hung up on me two times. Filed the complaint ont the website and also their email id.

Quote:
2. Firstly, you shouldn't have taken it too hard at first strike only. Consider lesson learnt hard way to keep your mind cool whatever happens in the traffic and always try your best to coolly avoid anything that can be even if it means taking a hit of giving others the way be in hurry or not. I see you tried your best, but you did loose your mind in causing the second unnecessary damage thereby landing you into more claim issues. A driver should learn this coolness. You cannot help such situations, pretty common in Mumbai, Pune where autos, trucks, buses just drive carelessly and cause unnecessary damage.
Thanks, I have been trying, still a long way to go. I understand that you need to be a defensive driver such a way that you don't cause any trouble and don't get into trouble because of others.

Quote:
3. Question now comes of getting damage repaired. Go and discuss with your Service Center B&P/Insurance adviser first. Generally, it is difficult to convince both side damage in this way to insurer. So they are your best guide. The story that you tell here, even if true, may not work out with insurers as they will say when you got damaged first, it was your mistake to have followed him and got into another damage.

My guess is, the advisers will happily work out a solution for you if you have been/be nice to them. Everybody helps at the end of the day if we act nicely.

I remember some B&P/insurance adviser advising things like "a tempo scrapped from left side and I tried to avoid it by braking hard and shifting to right but got bumped by close truck/bus/bike behind on right side damaging so and so parts etc...." to put down into claim form.

So atleast now, work your way around coolly. There is always some solution to such problems.
Will follow that, thanks again.
Old 11th April 2013, 00:20   #245
BHPian

Vinayak Skoda Woes

My skoda has been with Vinayak Skoda Old Madras Road now for over 2months. Now they have screwed up the estimate for the accident repairs and a significant amount of what needs to be done as part of the accident is left un-done.

Now they are trying to extract money from me to do the repairs at my expense. Wishfull thinking has limits!!! After fighting with the surveyor over the phone(who by the way appears to be buddy with the GM Ayaana) he is negotiating on what can be covered now.

This is the last time I deal with Vinayak. They have a bunch of incompetent service advisors. And the funny part is the keep replacing them with equally or more incompetent service advisors.
Old 11th April 2013, 05:32   #246
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinteLoop View Post
My skoda has been with Vinayak Skoda Old Madras Road now for over 2months. Now they have screwed up the estimate for the accident repairs and a significant amount of what needs to be done as part of the accident is left un-done.

Now they are trying to extract money from me to do the repairs at my expense. Wishfull thinking has limits!!! After fighting with the surveyor over the phone(who by the way appears to be buddy with the GM Ayaana) he is negotiating on what can be covered now.

This is the last time I deal with Vinayak. They have a bunch of incompetent service advisors. And the funny part is the keep replacing them with equally or more incompetent service advisors.
Aiyanna has generally served me well each time I ve needed help.
I suggest that you try meeting him personally and ask his intervention in your case.

You can also speak to Hemanth at the Showroom and ask him to intervene.
You're welcome to use my reference if that will do any good for you...
Old 11th April 2013, 07:14   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vinayak Skoda Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Aiyanna has generally served me well each time I ve needed help.
I suggest that you try meeting him personally and ask his intervention in your case.
+1. I have interacted with him in two of his earlier roles, and have good feedback about him.
Old 11th April 2013, 07:47   #248
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
+1. I have interacted with him in two of his earlier roles, and have good feedback about him.
I also had the opportunity of meeting and interacting for a good amount of time with the Vinayak Skoda owner. He is a decent man who is clearly trying his best to look after his customers to the best of their ability. Of course, Skoda India is also much more supportive than ever they were before, according to him. However, as with any large organization, a certain amount of delay and bureaucracy may be expected. For what it is worth, the signs appear to be positive overall.

I suggest again to approach this personally and calmly and I would be happy for you to quote my reference anytime at Vinayak. I do have a good relationship with them and I am reasonably sure that they will try and look after you properly.
Old 11th April 2013, 08:53   #249
BHPian

I have been servicing with Vinayaka for almost 5 years now, The Service is good provided one has patience and rapport with them. But as the body paint shop is a seperate unit the Service advisors have little influence. So one has to have different approach with paintshop as there is lack of collaboration in Vinayaka in case one has to deal with paint shop as well as repairs.
Old 11th April 2013, 16:05   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
I have been servicing with Vinayaka for almost 5 years now, The Service is good provided one has patience and rapport with them. But as the body paint shop is a seperate unit the Service advisors have little influence. So one has to have different approach with paintshop as there is lack of collaboration in Vinayaka in case one has to deal with paint shop as well as repairs.
I believe this is true. I never faced such problems with their service. Its their body shop that appears to be in a mess. Coupled with delays in sourcing parts it makes things alot harder. From what I hear all the good guys have shifted to TAFE. Probably a good time to change service stations.

Quote:
I also had the opportunity of meeting and interacting for a good amount of time with the Vinayak Skoda owner. He is a decent man who is clearly trying his best to look after his customers to the best of their ability.
Might be true, but I doubt he wants every customer to approach him to sort out the messes. It appears I'm not the only one with such issues, getting a alarming number of people facing the similary issues PMing me. And the list is growing. Bajaj Allianz, the insurance company also appears to be in trouble.

Quote:
Of course, Skoda India is also much more supportive than ever they were before, according to him. However, as with any large organization, a certain amount of delay and bureaucracy may be expected. For what it is worth, the signs appear to be positive overall.
I would say 2 months is sufficient delay for one to start loosing cool. I have been patient all along with the hope that they do a decent repair compared to other dealerships excluding skoda. But the shocker came when I went to inspect the car and found out that half of the damages were still not repaired. After a shuttle cork match with Aiyanna GM(I stopped speaking to service advisors there as they appear to be getting fired and hired with every sunset) and one incompetent surveyor from Bajaj Allianz, Deepak, I was loosing my cool from all directions. Spoke to Deepaks boss, Ranganath and he genuinely tried understand the situation told me that the remaining items were not provided in the estimate hence it was not approved for change(screw-up from the service advisor obviously - his name was Chandu - God help the next company that hires him). Anyways, someone screwed up somewhere and probably due to my passive nature I was expected to pay of it. It was the last straw and I blew what fuse I had kept carefully from blowing. I have decided to be in the fighting ring till the end. Since I have all the pictures and recordings, I am told by my lawyer that my chances are extremely good if I were to go legal. I kindly asked both Aiyaana and Deepak that all I am interested in is my right to have my vehicle back ship shape and for the insurance to pay for 100% for the repairs. I am getting alot of dirt against deepak from lots of other skoda owners who have similar issues.

Secondly, For a German company, learning from pitfalls and tweaking their processes should be child's play. Ofcourse, if the cogs in the German company are indians, then its a different story. No offence, its our weakness. I am an Indian too.

Quote:
I suggest again to approach this personally and calmly and I would be happy for you to quote my reference anytime at Vinayak. I do have a good relationship with them and I am reasonably sure that they will try and look after you properly.
I am calm by nature. its only when I feel that I am getting licked, I slowly start loosing my cool. What do you know I am actually quite cool right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes he seems to be the most genuine of the lot. But having incompetent people under him does not help matters for him. Appears to be under alot of pressure to reduce attrition. What do you know, I'm under similar pressure and I understand what it is to balance hiring good people and hiring place holders.

Last edited by aah78 : 12th April 2013 at 06:41. Reason: Posts merged. Please use MULTI-QUOTE / QUOTE+ when quoting multiple posts. Thanks!
Old 11th April 2013, 16:43   #251
BANNED

Suggest tell him also about all the discussions on TBHP because quite frankly TBHP posts carry a lot of power in getting these blokes to see reason...
Old 11th April 2013, 17:07   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Suggest tell him also about all the discussions on TBHP because quite frankly TBHP posts carry a lot of power in getting these blokes to see reason...
I understand. Shall definitely pull out the team-bhp card soon. But for now, I am trying to get things done as any Aaam Aadmi would do. I have friend who is highly placed in Bajaj Allianz head office Pune. I'm sure he has his own problems to deal with considering the current state of the company. Bringing him into this will definitely speed it up from the insurance point of view(and probably get deepak fired in the process). But its not time. I am a man of patience
Old 12th April 2013, 11:53   #253
BHPian

Spoke to Aiyaana today. He said the bumper damage is not getting the approval from the insurance guys. Anyways, now most of the work has been covered and i will let it go at that.

I had noticed a couple of dings and scratches to the boot lid and letters missing from Rapid and TDI stickers. he said he will look into that as well.

Looks like the car will be finally back tomorrow. Going to try out the TAFE guys for servicing as the servicing was due last month.

Last edited by InfinteLoop : 12th April 2013 at 11:59. Reason: minor changes
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:46   #254
BHPian

Finally got the car back. Total cost - 1.5 L; my share 50K. Met with Aiyaana personally - wonderful person. But after I brought back the car, I noticed a few things damaged during the car's 2 months stay there.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:58   #255
BHPian

MTC Response came today and mentioned that they called the driver and gave him severe warnings and asked him to go for 2 days training. Anyway I have to shell out 15K from my pocket to fix the damages.

Good to hear that the emails complaints are considered and necessary actions are being taken.

Attaching the response (in Tamil).
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks