Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 22:55   #181
BHPian

My 2 cents of experience. Last week I had to take a cab to go to Cantonment Railway Station. The cab was a bit late and hence I was in a hurry. The cabbie was a very rash driver. He jumped signals constantly. This was quite late ~ 10.00 pm. There were few signals but this guy still jumped. He was constantly honking and flicking his head lamp. But that was not the problem.

The problem was that I remained quiet. I was worried that if I mentioned something, he would not get me to the station on time. So there was the root cause. Finally, I got so restless that I could not put up with his nonsense. When he jumped Trinity circle signal, I finally told him not to do that since its unsafe. I was quite calm when I advised him but was immensely relieved. When ever I see a guy who breaks rules, I get pissed off. More so when I am affected due to some nut's actions. But this incident caused me to think. When we reached cantonment, the driver apologised for rash driving. It felt good. If all of us were responsible, bit by bit, I am sure that this would help a bit. We can always blame the enforcers but we should be right. Then we can be point out others to be wrong. Hell no one's perfect but we can try.

Also note, the same "educated people" who break the rules in Bangalore follow them to the dot abroad. Now is that hypocrisy ?
Old 6th November 2007, 01:04   #182
Senior - BHPian

anandrs,I'm pretty sure there's a big chunk of people who follow rules abroad,but don't bother implementing them in India. Quite true,since I have seen that on many instances. But its a rather general statement,and can't be applied to all.Period!The other reason (although not an excuse) for people following rules abroad,is that the system won't let you get away with things. If you aren't careful,you'll end up in serious trouble,but thats not the case in India. A couple of currency notes,and you'd be on your way most of the time.
Old 6th November 2007, 06:35   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well the joy is short lived is all I can say since Hoss' s post this morning.

Saw a biker and auto driver bad mouth each other initially which turned into a bad exchange of blows from either sides.

Was passing by and I simply smiled at the 2 fools and the whole scene.
Saw an educated guy in a fiest stop a biker and promptly started hitting him. Was in a huge jam in Marathahali. Stupid- you can reslve by dialogue
Old 6th November 2007, 10:29   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
If you aren't careful,you'll end up in serious trouble,but thats not the case in India. A couple of currency notes,and you'd be on your way most of the time.
If you are a cabbie, you dont even need to flash those notes as well, your teeth will suffice.

Marathalli junction, the day before yesterday : Cops are controlling the traffic flow with the signal switched off as usual. Despite all other vehicles coming to a dead stop, a cabbie on a Sumo jumps the signal with the policeman trying to flag him down. One flash of his dirty yellow teeth and the cabbie is off. No attempt by the cop to even note down his number, or actually take any further action.

Now tell me, will they ever learn?!
Old 7th November 2007, 17:38   #185
Team-BHP Support

Pulling out from my parking space on St Marks Road (one way), looking towards the rear for on coming traffic, spot a gap and a grating crunch

Motorbike going the wrong way scrapes my car and speeds on. I get out to find my corner bumper on the road. The lugs are torn. I could put it back with araldite but won't be the same. Am off tomm on holiday so can't do much.

I only wish I pulled out faster and hit him head on!

Old 7th November 2007, 17:58   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Saw an educated guy in a fiest stop a biker and promptly started hitting him. Was in a huge jam in Marathahali. Stupid- you can reslve by dialogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I only wish I pulled out faster and hit him head on!
Maybe the fiesta chap got scraped too?
Old 7th November 2007, 18:37   #187
Senior - BHPian

I got hit by a biker today morning when I was half way into taking a right turn near my residence. This biker wants to overtake me before I complete the turn. I stopped for him, but he did not have the courtesy to do that and hit my door really hard. There are quite a lot of scratches and a dent from his bumper. I tried to reason him out by saying that we can claim from his insurance, but this guy was too offensive. I did not want to create a commotion, especially when I was with my two year old daughter. I did not want her to see me hitting some jerk on the road. So, I let him off.

It indeed hurts when people behave so irresponsibly. On top of that, my Palio is purple in colour. I do not know whether the paint job might be an exact match, even by Tata-Fiat dealers.
Old 7th November 2007, 20:47   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Maybe the fiesta chap got scraped too?
Probably, considering I saw the sharp end of the stick.
Old 21st November 2007, 15:09   #189
Team-BHP Support

Madiwala - Silk Board, 2 way!!

Cops are upto it again!! messing up and creating kms of traffic jam and other miseries. At 3 different Jn and areas, kms of pile on, road rage and energy wastage !! Time and money, who cares !!

Reason? They have made the road between beginning of St Johns to Madiwala Police station 2 way!! ie one neednd go in front of St John hospital then proceed via madiwala market to get to hosur road.

Result: Traffic from Madiwala market moving to Forum has to go underneath the silk board flyover U turn, that Jn is messed up big time. The entry/exit point to the great Bangalore city had become even bigger mess. As soon as one lands from flyover you will be greeted by bigger chaos than earlier with a bus stand and traffic trying to play snake and ladder.

Again people moving from Koramangala (BDA side) to Forum side are greeted by a choco bloc Jn at Madiwala signal, earlier the commute that took few mts have been made around 10 to 15 mts and that too stuck in heavy traffic even at off peak hours.

Only good thing they have achieved is the vehicle coming from Forum side to EC, move fast till.... Madiwala Jn (again for now its an experimental one lane), from Madiwala Jn they go crazy trying to figure out ways to get to ORR or Silk Board flyover.

With all this chaos Koramangala I block has also started suffering, with people moving to n fro EC taking this route!! This road was recently done up and was slowly easing traffic congestion.

Absolutely Brilliant STUPID change by Bangalore traffic cops !!! What are they thinking !! or do they think at all !!!
Old 21st November 2007, 15:14   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Cops are upto it again!! messing up and creating kms of traffic jam and other miseries. At 3 different Jn and areas, kms of pile on, road rage and energy wastage !! Time and money, who cares !!Absolutely Brilliant STUPID change by Bangalore traffic cops !!! What are they thinking !! or do they think at all !!!
Yep, I got hit, so I decide to go via airport road.....and pile up around airport due to politicos going to Delhi hence barries usedto half close road causing bottle necks. NO win!
Old 21st November 2007, 15:19   #191
Team-BHP Support

From airport road to Victoria road (Lifestyle) is closed for one month today. Just to make a new culvert cutting Victoria layout.

Richmond Road is packed from 7.30 in the morning. Why? Because all buses stop wherever they want and right side of the road has foot deep man-hole covers.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:20   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cops are upto it again!! messing up and creating kms of traffic jam and other miseries. At 3 different Jn and areas, kms of pile on, road rage and energy wastage !! Time and money, who cares !!
Absolutely Brilliant STUPID change by Bangalore traffic cops !!! What are they thinking !! or do they think at all !!!
Ohh ask me about it, I've to go through that mess every morning and evening.Life has surely became hell after our so brilliant cops has decided to use their Peanut sized brains and made those changes.When will they learn
And actually that traffic jam has ripple affect till BTM,on monday it took almost an hour to come from Bannerghatta road to Silkboard junction.Luckily I had to stay late yesterday, don't know what 'll be situation today.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:50   #193
BANNED

Have they done that ! Then its a boon to people in BTM - no need to go till Silk board junction & come back. Anyway its a 6 lane road - too big to be one-way. Hope the confusion settles down soon.
Quote:
Reason? They have made the road between beginning of St Johns to Madiwala Police station 2 way!! ie one neednd go in front of St John hospital then proceed via madiwala market to get to hosur road.
Old 21st November 2007, 19:08   #194
Team-BHP Support

I decided to stick with airport road and back roads of indiranagar and the politicians stayed away - result - was on richmond road in 40 min
Old 21st November 2007, 22:34   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Have they done that ! Then its a boon to people in BTM - no need to go till Silk board junction & come back. Anyway its a 6 lane road - too big to be one-way. Hope the confusion settles down soon.
Trust me, you might not really appreciate once you experience it.

It is not a 6 lane just 4 lane of madness with lot of J walkers, Trucks, Buses, Auto's, Cabs, Cars and 2 wheelers scrambling for space,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks