Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 20:08   #10606
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
.....This was meant to ensure wider, safer sidewalks...
Unfortunately, that hasn't happened either. In the two CBD spots where the wider sidewalks are supposedly complete (St. Marks Road and the road leading from Bangalore Central to Garuda Mall), they're used to store construction material or dug up again for some sundry reason. Net result after TWO years of traffic hardship, a big fat ZERO and traffic has got worse due to reduced road surface.
Old 14th January 2016, 20:38   #10607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
The best thing to do in eco space if you commute during the peak hours is to take public transport. You get out in less than 10 minutes even from the buildings at the back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I think the best would be for her to use public transport as the distance is quite near. Reduces time, gives peace of mind and increases savings!

On a side note, I am seeing lot of Bangalore roads (atleast in southern part) being tarred. Not sure how this is happening all of a sudden but it sure is good. I do hope that the madiwala market stretch and the flyover gets fixed soon.
That would mean she will have to walk about 2 Kms in dusty conditions. Thats guaranteed to make us both sick. We have a 7 month old at home, cant afford to fall sick now . Another option was to park the vehicle somewhere near New Horizon college and then take the bus. But we are not able to locate a proper parking space.
Old 14th January 2016, 22:41   #10608
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
What is this TenderSURE and why are they hell-bent on digging moats all across CBD? Its not even that they complete the work quickly, the Residency road all the way from St.Marks Road entrance till the signal has lost close to 60% of the road area either because of the diggings or the endless parked vehicles who've come there to pick up the students of Cottons. Earlier it was St.Marks, now Residency Road & parts of Millers Road/Infantry Road. All these roads have been left dug up for months now and the minute I get on off the Double Road flyover its a gridlock.

Whoever thought up this TenderSURE must be given a good hiding in the middle of such roads. This was meant to ensure wider, safer sidewalks.. no one ever told me it was also to destroy all the roads in possibly the most upmarket part of Bangalore.

Seriously even I want to know who or what is this TenderSURE ?!?! If st marks and residency road was not enough, now they've dug up KG Road and Nruputunga Road too. On a serious note, already we donot have enough roads for the amount of vehicles in namma Bengaluru and these guys are hell bent on making footpaths that are as WIDE as a single lane of a major expressway. Why ?!?!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP

Last edited by drhoneycake : 14th January 2016 at 22:43.
Old 15th January 2016, 07:57   #10609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
On a side note, I am seeing lot of Bangalore roads (atleast in southern part) being tarred. Not sure how this is happening all of a sudden but it sure is good. I do hope that the madiwala market stretch and the flyover gets fixed soon.
Have you noticed that almost all the stretches that saw a fresh layer of asphalt were already decent? Case in point, Hosur road between Silk board and E-City. They've cleverly laid a fresh layer where there was practically no reason for any repairs. And they left the occasional pothole untouched. Instead of quickly fixing the Madiwala market road, they're taking eons to lay concrete there. And Silk Board flyover is only getting worse, while the stretches before and after saw a fresh layer of tar.
Old 15th January 2016, 09:52   #10610
Senior - BHPian

Been using Residency road towards HAL airport road and got to experience the slow moving traffic. If this is what Tender SURE does, its really bad. when some idealist armchair types are allowed to dictate this is what happens. Do we have so much pedestrian traffic in the first place to have such wide footpaths?

Even Mysore road was choked for when I used it. Guess the major culprit here is the non-completion of the flyover exit towards mysore from vijayanagar side and vehicles taking right at anjaneya temple.

We need someone from outside coming and telling us what all we have screwed up. We cant do it ourselves.
Old 15th January 2016, 09:58   #10611
Distinguished - BHPian

Hebbal flyover: good and bad news. They have resurfaced it after many years but now the span joints are a fair bit lower than the surface, hence be prepared for a bumpy ride on those portions especially on the airport bound side.

Problem is that careful drivers are slowing down but those who don't know or don't care are unprepared. It's currently perfect for rear ending especially during off peak hours.
Old 15th January 2016, 12:14   #10612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
That would mean she will have to walk about 2 Kms in dusty conditions. Thats guaranteed to make us both sick. We have a 7 month old at home, cant afford to fall sick now . Another option was to park the vehicle somewhere near New Horizon college and then take the bus. But we are not able to locate a proper parking space.
Finding a parking space anywhere near that area is quite difficult. Try to see if you can arrange a Auto guy to pick and drop regularly. One of my colleague is doing that now and she is quite happy that she does not have to drive and also reduces the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Have you noticed that almost all the stretches that saw a fresh layer of asphalt were already decent? Case in point, Hosur road between Silk board and E-City. They've cleverly laid a fresh layer where there was practically no reason for any repairs. And they left the occasional pothole untouched. Instead of quickly fixing the Madiwala market road, they're taking eons to lay concrete there. And Silk Board flyover is only getting worse, while the stretches before and after saw a fresh layer of tar.
Actually some of the places near Jayanagar and surrounding areas needed a fresh layer of asphalt badly. But I do agree that around 60% of the work is done on roads which were already good. Not sure what the babus think! And they come back and say that BBMP does not have money for correcting roads everywhere.
Old 15th January 2016, 12:38   #10613
Senior - BHPian

I think most of the road laying is being done by the State govt funds. They were also waiting for the elections to be over or something.

Airport road near command hospital has been laid with a thick layer of asphalt. Not sure if the complete road was bad or anything.
Old 16th January 2016, 08:27   #10614
Senior - BHPian

Any update on the Madiwala Market Road? Seems like its taking forever.
I saw on some earlier thread that someone filed an RTI. Cant seem to figure why such a small stretch needs so much time.
Old 16th January 2016, 11:34   #10615
BHPian

It is high time for Govt to construct sky walker @ outer ring road at 1. Eco space 2. Intel office 3. Innovative multiplex before any tragedy happens. These junctions are perfect recipe for disasters. Not sure when the Govt agencies will wake up.
Old 16th January 2016, 11:56   #10616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
It is high time for Govt to construct sky walker @ outer ring road at 1. Eco space 2. Intel office 3. Innovative multiplex before any tragedy happens. These junctions are perfect recipe for disasters. Not sure when the Govt agencies will wake up.
Wasn't there a traffic police inspector doing a brilliant job outside Ecospace and there was talk about shifting him out because Ecospace's owners complained?

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/50259683.cms

Is the guy still there or did he get transferred out?
Old 16th January 2016, 13:04   #10617
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
It's almost 11 months since the Esteem Mall accident and still no progress on Skywalk there .. No news on progress of Ecospace flyover after ground breaking. I can even list few more spots where pedestrian crossing density is high but even if they agree to proposals now, it will take forever to build skywalks! They should have build it along with ORR construction but where is the foresight? (or rather maybe that's on purpose so corruption can prevail later).
Even now when a new flyover is being constructed at Samsung signal, there is no footbridge in plan which means traffic will be piled up before/after the flyover just like Bellandur/Ecospace flyover.
JD1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 15:26   #10618
Senior - BHPian

This just turned up on social media - I guess at least some people get work done instead of playing candy crush saga while stuck in Bangalore traffic
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image.jpeg  

Old 16th January 2016, 16:14   #10619
BHPian

However one sky walker was constructed with in 5 months @ Purva fountain square, munnekolala, marathalli
Old 16th January 2016, 17:25   #10620
BHPian

Some improvement expected on the Outer Ring Road per this news Source Hopefully, they will keep the ongoing maintenance of such work as a priority.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 16th January 2016 at 17:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks